“Excellence.... should be the top rated hotel in the Woodlands” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands

You added Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands to your Saves list
Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9595 Six Pines Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77380 (Formerly Avia The Woodlands)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Romance Package
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in The Woodlands
Houston, TX
“Excellence.... should be the top rated hotel in the Woodlands”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

I booked a 'Romance Package' recently at Avia Hotel in the Woodlands. I had booked a couple of weeks in advance, for a Saturday stay. The guest relations person called me a few days before and informed me that they could not fufill the romance package as it was stated on the website. I was a little disappointed, at first. However, they were able to compensate us very nicely. When we arrived to the Hotel, they dropped our rate and they upgraded us to the Presidential Hosting suite. This was like staying in our own nightclub/luxury condo. This was the nicest hotel room, by far, we have ever stayed in. I have travelled quite a bit throughout the U.S. and this room is the best I've stayed in. The master bedroom had both a very comfortable bed and blackout curtains. That was the best nights sleep we have had in quite some time. The bath tubs are huge and comfortable. The pool is very modern and heated. The Sunday Brunch was excellent. Both of us had omletes and French Toast. They were both very delicious. I highly reccomend breakfast at this hotel. If you are going to see a show at Cynthia Woods and need a place to stay, this is the hotel where you want to stay, period... There are also numerous shops right around the hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
AVIAtheWoodlandsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands, responded to this review, May 7, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at AVIA. I apologize that we were not able to fulfill the Romance Package as stated on the website when you booked your stay. I was delighted to see that when you checked into the hotel we were able to upgrade your room to the Presidential Suite and reduce your rate. All in all, it is nice to know you had a wonderful stay and a great Sunday brunch. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!
In hospitality, Dave Brown, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

The Avia is located in a wonderful location, positioned right in the middle of a nice, upscale shopping center with lots of retail and restaurants nearby. The property itself is modern, fresh, sleek, but not ostentatious. The furnishings and décor were stylish not only in the room, but throughout the public spaces. My room had a view of the pool deck. I didn’t have a chance to use the pool area, but as with the rest of the hotel, the space looked very stylish and sophisticated. In the room I especially loved the interesting scenic picture in the shower that led to the main bedroom. The picture allowed light through but was opaque enough for privacy. Very interesting touch. I enjoyed breakfast two times in the restaurant and found the service to be warm, professional, and appropriately speedy. I only had a couple of minor gripes…upon check in (which was friendly and efficient) the agent said I had a one night reservation. My reservation was set for two days. She said she would update my record to reflect the two night stay. After business meetings the second day I returned to the hotel and discovered my room key didn’t work. As suspected I was checked out as the records still only showed a one night stay. Small gripe but we can all relate to the annoyance of a room key that doesn’t work. Also, the cab driver had a very hard time finding the hotel. If possible some signage in the development would really help to point the way to the hotel. Overall very nice hotel…I hope it succeeds. The hotel seemed slow the days of my visit. Check out this place.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
AVIAtheWoodlandsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands, responded to this review, April 25, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,
We are glad you were very impressed with the hotel and had a great stay. I apologize for the error with your reservation, but I'm glad to know the issue was resolved. Thank you for your great comments regarding the location, furnishings and decor. The pool and terrace area is a great place to relax and hopefully your next stay will allow you time to enjoy. Thank you for choosing AVIA and we look forward to you staying with us again the next time you are in The Woodlands.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

I believe this is a brand new hotel, the place was beautiful, the rooms are spacious and well laid out. The staff is very helpful and nice. It was a bit of a trick finding them as they are back in this cute little shopping area and my GPS told me I was there when I was still out on their street, while they are tucked well within this shopping complex, not in view from the street, a sign would have been most helpful.
If I were to have to give a "helpful suggestion" to the hotel to improve my stay I would only suggest maybe placing some tea in the rooms along with the coffe for the coffee maker, as I am not a coffee drinker but love a hot cup of tea. And that maybe a stonger or better cleaner for their shower floors may be in order, while the shower is beautiful and spacious, as a mom I noticed that the shower floor was much less clean than the rest of the shower, that white grout is a neat trick to keep clean, but you chose white, now you gotta choose a cleaner that keeps it white :) Please don't get the idea that it was filthy, it wasn't. Just a suggestion from a gal that spent a lovely time in your huge shower :)

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
AVIAtheWoodlandsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands, responded to this review, February 11, 2010
I've read your comments and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our newest AVIA. Thank you for your suggestion of adding tea bags to the rooms for those that don't drink coffee. I will also take your suggestion regarding the grout in the shower in consideration. Being a new hotel we are always looking for ways to improve and appreciate your feedback. Thank you again for staying at AVIA and we hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in The Woodlands.
In hospitality, Dave Brown, General Manager

Been to Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands? Share your experiences!