“Pleasant surprise in the 'burbs!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands

You added Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands to your Saves list
Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9595 Six Pines Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77380 (Formerly Avia The Woodlands)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Romance Package
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in The Woodlands
North Texas
“Pleasant surprise in the 'burbs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I came down to the Woodlands from Dallas for a quick weekend getaway. We wanted to stay somewhere that had nice amenities, as well as a location conducive to walking. The Hyatt delivers on those things and so many others!

First, Lynn at the front desk is spectacular! She checked us in and out, and was so helpful with recommendations, etc. we really felt welcomed in a very genuine way, not JUST that she was doing her job. She clearly enjoys what she does, and while every member of the hotel staff is good, she deserves special mention for immediately setting a perfect tone for our visit, that lasted the entire time we stayed here. Every member of the hotel staff that we encountered was great, from the bellman to the valet to the staff at the pool bar. The service here is top notch! We left something in our car and only discovered it after getting settled in the room. The valet had it up to our room in less than 10 minutes. Later we had an issue with an in-room movie. Again, the front desk sent someone up very quickly. He had the issue resolved and the charge for the movie was removed from our final bill... Without us asking for that!

The hotel itself is beautiful. It's contemporary without being cold and trendy without being annoyingly hipster. The gym is very nice with newer equipment and complimentary ear phones and water. We really enjoyed sitting at the pool bar listening to live music in the evening. The happy hour snacks were yummy and I recommend the sangria! You are walking distance from numerous fun stores and restaurants. Starbucks is right out the door, and if you need a break from shopping and eating, there is a movie theater around the corner.

We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Riley3742, General Manager at Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our amazing staff! See you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Burleson, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

If you are visiting Market Street, this is an ideal location! There are great stores and restaurants nearby to spend your day, with a movie theater and bars for your nightlife, too!

I stayed in a double room, which was very nice! I love the purple ambiance around the hotel, which ties in nicely to the rooms! The restaurant in the hotel was great, from the food to the drinks to the staff!

This location has a beautiful patio and pool, which are both near the bar! Make sure you check the schedule, I hear lots of people visit for the bands!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us. We hope to see you back very soon.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This hotel is perfect for a girls weekend! Near Lush, tons of shopping, the mall, movies and tons of great eats near by! The nightlife is great at the hotel bar as well! Beautiful, clean and modern! Park and stay...walk to everything you need nearby!

Room Tip: Ask for a double bed room...so spacious and beautiful
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
We can't wait to have you back for another girls weekend or just because! Thank you very much
Frisco, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I absolutely loved staying at this hotel. The staff was friendly and willing to help with anything that we needed. My friend joked with a staff member who was taking some champagne to another room that we would take it off his hands, and there was a complimentary bottled delivered to our room within the hour.

The location is ideal if you plan on spending time shopping and dining at Market Street -- so many great stores nearby!

I stayed in a double room with a friend -- it was really nice and the beds were super-comfy.

We had dinner at the hotel restaurant and the food was wonderful. There was a live jazz band on the patio and we enjoyed a spacious table inside the restaurant. I definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for staying with us! We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Positives: I loved everything about this hotel from the location to the staff. The rooms were spacious! I had a Full-Size King room and the bed was comfy, room clean, and the bathroom was fabulous. There was even a seat in the shower. Friday night I was able to sample the food that's offered at the hotel, and honestly I would go to the bar just to order the food alone without staying! The pool is a gorgeous infiniti pool complete with a spa and opened to an amazing view of market street. In the evening the pool area is transported to a swank night spot complete with a live band during happy hour!

Negative: My only complaint was there were no available plugs near the bed. As a blogger who lives by her phone and laptop I like to have my electronics plugged in near me. This also may have just been my room. I'm not sure about the other rooms.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for staying, we hope to see you again very soon in our bar or for an overnight stay. We are working on a solution for the plugs by the bed, thank you very much for the feedback.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

As a full time business traveler my standards and expectations are quite high. I must say this property goes above and beyond anything I have experienced! The property is immaculate, the food is 5 stars, the service the attitude of their staff is nothing short of crazy amazing! The manager Dena Roady, Lynn at the front desk, Howard Georgen and their driver for a short trip John is just incredible. I wish I could remember every name to thank them all!! When your in Houston and near the Woodlands look no further, this will be your home away from home. Looking forward to my next visit in September and December! 5 Stars!!

Stayed July 2014
Riley3742, General Manager at Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you very much! We look forward to seeing you again very soon. Happy Travels.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

What can I say about this place? It was excellent, in every way.

I have been spending a lot of time in the Woodlands lately and the Hyatt Market Street was THE perfect find.

For starters, the location couldn’t be better. The area is great for shopping, dining, walking around, and one of my favorite pastimes, people-watching . While, it’s known to be a very affluent area, there’s plenty for everyone to do and plenty of places to choose from as far as food and entertainment.

The hotel itself is fabulous and I don’t use that word often. Believe me, I visit hotels all over the US and the Hyatt Market Street Hotel is one of my new favorites. The overall feel of it is everything I like about a smaller, boutique-type place. Beginning with the service from the valet guys and the front desk staff, to the room attendants and the bartenders, absolutely everyone was delightful. I don’t know about you but service is very important when I’m away from home. I’m very picky and, yet, the service at the Hyatt so was impeccable, it left me impressed. I even got to meet some of the managers who were walking around during happy hour, checking up on all of the guests. They were more than friendly and you can tell they truly enjoy what they do.

I have to mention the bartenders again. Other than having fantastic happy hour specials, the staff at the bar (by the pool on the second floor) was extremely professional and nice. Smiling and charming all of the guests, they made happy hour a truly fun and well, “happy” experience. I enjoyed it so much, I returned to the bar area with a friend for dinner. What can you say about a hotel whose food challenges some of the best stand-alone restaurants in the area? We had a spinach and kale dip and some crab and avocado terrine appetizers which were to die for. For the main course, we shared a perfectly cooked 12 oz. rib eye steak with mushroom ragout and a fresh grouper with pineapple salsa which might be the best grouper I’ve ever tasted – no lie. Did I mention their homemade banana bread or their extensive wine list which perfectly capped off our meal? I mean, I couldn’t have asked for anything better for a nice meal with a great friend. My friend even boasted how their food beat some of the most expensive restaurants she frequents in the area. I agree, it was that good. One of the wines they introduced me to was a Tom Eddy wine which I’d never had but I enjoyed it so much, I’m now trying to order some online.

Speaking of the pool area, I loved it. The pool area is next to the bar and restaurant and is really quaint and beautiful. I loved it even more at night, the way the hotel was lit up was so romantic.

Of course, the rooms. There are only 70 rooms at the hotel. As for mine, one word described it: Wow. I had a balcony suite which I would’ve loved to move into if they would have let me. Overlooking the entire market street shopping area, my suite was a gem. Perfect modern design but still comfortable. Spacious. Immaculate. A huge bathroom fit for a king. Trendy. Not pretentious, yet classy in every sense. I honestly, did not want to leave at the end of the weekend.

I’m not sure what it was that made me feel so at home at this hotel, but everything about it just felt right. The people and ambience made it all as perfect as it could have been. I felt like royalty and I absolutely would return to this hotel in a heartbeat! I recommend this place 100% to you and your loved ones. Believe me, if you’re looking for a classic boutique hotel with amazing service, this is it. Hope you enjoy your stay as much as I did.

P.S. The breakfast at the hotel is delicious. They even make omelets to order and the service is outstanding.

Room Tip: Try to go as high as you can for the best view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you very much. We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next trip to the Woodlands.

Been to Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands? Share your experiences!