“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands to your Saves list
Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9595 Six Pines Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77380 (Formerly Avia The Woodlands)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Romance Package
Ranked #2 of 17 hotels in The Woodlands
Lemont, Illinois
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I booked our annual sales meeting at The Hyatt since the Marriott I normally use was booked for the week we were holding the meeting. Let me tell you, I have never gotten so many compliments on the property, room, location, food etc. I was told to hold our meeting there every year from now on. This is definitely a boutique hotel but it is more than capable to handle business functions with ease. From check-in to check-out, I was thrilled with the service of everyone I came across.

The food served for our meetings was delicious, served at the appropriate temperature, refreshed if needed. The meeting planner I worked with (Edwin Mauricio) was a true professional and I am sure I drove him crazy with all of my changes, but he came through with every last request I had. I sent down welcome goody bags for all of the attendees and they arrived an absolute mess, so he and his staff found new bags and rebagged them all so they were ready for check-in. That truly is good customer service!

The rooms were great, I didn't want to leave mine! I heard that from many in my group too. the location of the hotel was perfect. We walked everywhere and didn't have to worry about anyone driving after a few drinks. The bar serves an incredible creme brulee, stop in for drinks after dinner and enjoy that, it is so worth it! The whole atmosphere was so relaxing and comfortable that I didn't even feel like I was there on business, it was very nice.

I could go on and on, but bottom line, this Hyatt was wonderful and I won't think twice about using them again and again. I believe good service deserves credit, we hear too much these days about how bad things are everywhere. Thanks to everyone at the Hyatt Market Street for making my event an A+!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Riley3742, Manager at Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and our amazing staff. We truly appreciate your business and hope that you and your attendees can come back for some rest and relaxation before your next meeting.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This place is used mainly by business travelers and so it is run in such a way. That is to bad more people don't visit it for vacation. If they did it would be 5 star. It runs on a minimal staff so the restaurant does not ever seem to be open. They basically just do room service. The bar and patio are perfect and would go back just for that. It is located in the corner of some high end shops and a small park is near by. The restaurants and the shops are all very nice and it made me wish I wasn't there on business. It is very similar to the Hyatt Long Beach Pike in Long Beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Riley3742, General Manager at Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you very much for writing about our hotel on TripAdvisor. Our hotel is definitely conducive to a business traveler or group; however, we host many leisure travelers for family vacations and weekend getaways.
Our Bar and restaurant are open daily, however, we are not open for lunch. We have a great menu in our lounge that includes small bites and or larger plates and an amazing wine list and daily drink specials.
Always a lot to do on the weekends with the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion right behind us and of course the great shopping on Market Street. Hope to see you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed here when we attended a concert at the Cynthia Woods pavilion. The hotel is located within the Woodlands Market square which is a collection of stores, restaurants, and a movie theater. The hotel is also conveniently located across the street from the Cynthia Woods pavilion. So this makes it a great place to stay while attending a concert.
The hotel is not like a regular Hyatt. it is more like a botique type hotel. It has a vey unique atmosphere.
Check-in was quick. The staff cordial and helpful. Our room was large along with the bathroom. The bed was comfortable. What I enjoyed the most was no outside noise from the hallway could be heard.
The bar is great with a view of the swimming pool. The swimming pool is small but cozy.
The restaurant is different. The menu is not expansive but if you are looking for an IHOP type breakfast. Then you will need to eat elsewhere.
We enjoyed our stay and will book again when we attend another concert.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My new bride and I stayed here for our wedding night. It is a beautiful hotel, and even the most basic room is artfully done. There is great attention to detail, and we loved that it was smaller than the average hotel. Being ON Market Street was a HUGE bonus. We woke up the day after our wedding and enjoyed walking around the square as a newly married couple -- grabbed a coffee and walked down to Hubbell & Hudson for some breakfast! It was perfect.

Be advised -- the hotel is expensive. You'll probably pay a minimum of $50 - $100 more than the Marriott. But if you can splurge for a weekend or a night, it is worth it. I had no buyer's remorse (thought I would since we could have stayed at the Marriott for less), and I think the fact that it is more expensive and smaller helps keep away all the high school kids. The Marriott is another gorgeous hotel on Market Street, and a fantastic alternative to the Hyatt. But they have a lot of business conferences and/or Prom kids from time to time that might make your stay a bit more noisy. Just my $0.02.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My wife wanted a quick getaway/staycation weekend for her birthday. After reading a few reviews I chose the Hyatt Market Street for our short getaway. The Hotel looks exactly like it does online. From the moment we arrived we felt like we were on a mini vacation. When we pulled up in front of the Hyatt there were guys outside to greet us and valet the car. Another guy immediately grabbed our 2 bags and ran them up to our room. Before we stepped out of the car he got our name and notified the front desk of our arrival. Check-in was a breeze and they asked if we had dinner plans that night and gave us an overview of a few different restaurants in the area. Once we decided on one the guy at the desk called ahead to make reservations for us. We decided on Schilleci's New Orleans Kitchen which is just around the corner to the right as you walk out of the entrance. The Bar on the 2nd floor of the hotel was great for having a couple drinks after dinner and sitting outside on the deck by the pool after a night out walking around Market street. The room itself was nice and as mentioned it looks exactly like it is shown online. The bed was very comfortable. The black window shade blocks any sign of sunlight if you want to sleep in There is a mini bar in the room as well and of course it's not free. Location is right in the middle of Market Street and walking distance to everything. We dropped the car off on arrival and did not need it for the 2 days we were there. Our room was on the backside of the hotel facing the pavilion. There were concerts going on both nights and we could hear them from the room, but this did not bother us. Felt somewhat like a free concert. I didn't pay attention to the time, but they didn't last all night or anything crazy. We ate the buffet breakfast at the hotel restaurant on the 2nd floor Sunday morning. There were a few things already sitting out such as salmon and capers, bacon, sausage, and various pastries. We ordered waffles and eggs which were prepared fresh. The pecan butter on the waffles was very good! Overall a very nice hotel to unwind and relax in The Woodlands Market Street area. Hotel staff was excellent as well!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed here with my mom and sister for a girls "staycation" and was impressed from the start. When we dropped the car off with the valet, they asked us our name and then communicated that to the front desk, so that when we arrived at the front desk a minute later, they had our reservation pulled up and were ready to check us in. We even arrived a little early in order to spend some extra time at the pool, and were pleasantly suprised to find that our room was ready.

The room looked exactly like the pictures on the hotel web site, as did the pool area. We found the staff to be attentive, polite, and professional.

I recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary and it was a wonderful experience. The rooms were very nice and the staff was very attentive to our needs. The location is in the heart of the market which makes it an excellent place to stay. There are other hotels in The Woodlands but, this one is the best.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands? Share your experiences!