“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands

You added Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands to your Saves list
Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9595 Six Pines Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77380 (Formerly Avia The Woodlands)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in The Woodlands
London
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

The location was perfect. Market street is on the dorrstep, with numerous amazing restaurants close by.
The mall is also only 5 minutes walk away.

Rooms were amazing. Very spacious, good decor and a very modern feel.

Only one point which I was not too fond of was that the breakfast was quite repetitive and they didn't do a normal biffet service. However not that big an issue.

Swimming pool is in a nice location on the balcony, however not very big.

Good hotel for a business trip.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Stayed here on honeymoon night-excellent facilities and close to many eating options. Very personalized service. Upgraded to a suite for a little more and it was definitely worth it. Not great views of city, but nice blackout shades.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We selected this hotel for our wedding night stay before we our honeymoon. This is a stylish and modern hotel and we had a comfortable stay. The black out drapes were awesome because we were able to sleep and we didn't even know it was sunny outside. The next day the bellman new we were checking out and our car was already parked right outside the front door of the hotel. He even helped me place my wedding dress in my gown bag and into the car.

The hotel is located at Market Street which is surrounded with restaurants like Tommy Bahama, shops like Tiffany & Co, and a movie theater directly outside the hotel. You can walk to all the shops and restaurants. Just search for Market Street, The Woodlands and you can see all the information.

We would definitely stay at this lovely hotel again. I was

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is a fancy enough hotel, and comfortable enough. But my room wasn't terribly quiet -- could hear an AC behind the building, and the elevator dinging in the hall -- and for the first few days of my stay, my toilet was cycling on and off, and it took a couple of days for the hotel to get it fixed. I also think the value for price wasn't great. I'd rather save a few bucks and open my own front door (or better yet, have an automatic door), than have two people dramatically open it for me.

On the plus side, the internet worked pretty well, the fitness room is sufficient, and the location is convenient.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Oslo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

I have stayed there twice for business trips in the past few months. I had different room types both times, but I can say that I was pleasantly surprised at the layout, space, comfort of the beds and linens, the quality of the showers, and the location of the hotel. This has to be among the best, if not the best hotel in The Woodlands. Excellent proximity to good restaurants, small shops, and the running trail along the "river" is an added bonus to the comfort and tranquility of the rooms. There was a major problem with the wifi service on my second stay, but I was lucky to have a room that tapped into the free, downtown woodlands wifi.... You might want to give that one a shot first before you pay extra for the wireless provided by the hotel. Why wireless internet is not considered a basic service these days continues to astound me.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt Market Street for one night this weekend when we were visiting family in The Woodlands. The location in Market Street is great. There are restaurants, shops, movie theater and a nice grocery store within a very easy walk. Self parking is right behind the hotel - so easy. Starbucks and Jamba Juice are directly across from the entrance to the hotel.

I believe our room was called a King Suite. It was large with a very comfortable bed, huge television, large fold out sofa, ottoman and a side chair. 1/3 of the mini fridge is for guest use and it kept our drinks quite cold. There was a large shower in the bathroom - no tub - which is fine for us. The room did have an odd thing where there is a small frosted window between the shower and the rest of the room. You still have privacy, but if the light is on in the bathroom, it does light up the rest of the room to some degree. It didn't bother us though. Also, the window opens a bit for fresh air.

The hotel is small with only five floors which is nice. On this trip we didn't have a chance to try the bar or pool.

I like this hotel and I love the location. The only minor complaint I have is that it didn't seem to have the same type of customer service I'm used to at Hyatt hotels - where we always stay if possible. I always think of Hyatt service as being very friendly and accommodating without being overbearing. The service here reminded me more of a W, where it's more cool and stand-offish but still helpful.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
chocolandia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

very well located at market place, confortable rooms with nice modern decoration.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands? Share your experiences!