“Highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands

Booking.com Expedia.com
Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9595 Six Pines Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77380 (Formerly Avia The Woodlands)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Adv Purchase $20/NT Off
Ranked #2 of 17 hotels in The Woodlands
Monterrey, Mexico
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

We just returned from spending 5 nights at the Avia Hotel …… the hotel is a beautiful boutique hotel in the middle of everything you need.
Shops, restaurants, HEB (grocery store) and an open mall just crossing the street.
The rooms are spacious, clean and very nice decorated. The service of the valet parking guys is incredible, those guys (everyone!) are very attentive and always waiting for you and getting what you needed or asked for, really, they make your day! Always with a smile and very, very friendly.
The valet cost 15 dollars per night, not bad for the service (compare to 30 to 40 on other hotels like the Ritz Carlton or the Four Seasons).

One day we were planning to have breakfast at the pool and to hang out there, my husband and my son went down first, and when I arrived the kitchen was already closed! They close at 10am and re-open at 4 pm ….. so be careful with this if you are planning to stay at pool as we did ….. The waiter offered me some cereal o maybe a fruit but I waited for our early lunch (somewhere else) so in food I can´t tell you how it is, because I didn´t have anything, my husband said his breakfast was just OK. Later a manager (I think) showed up and asks if we needed something, very attentive.

For dinner we went one night to Jaspers, excellent and to Hubble and Hudson with some friends and it was mmmmm delicious …..

We had a great time at The Woodlands and at the Avia Hotel….. Enjoy!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
AVIAtheWoodlandsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at AVIA so much that you highly recommend to others. Thank you for the great comments regarding the staff. They all work very hard to ensure our guests have a relaxing, memorable experience. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

135 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

I went with a group of friends to celebrate a friend's bachelorette party. AVIA is a great place for a weekend with friends or with a spouse. The hotel's decor is very trendy. The atmosphere of the hotel feels fun and trendy as well. The rooms were a nice size and we enjoyed the pool. It was outdoor but on one of the upper levels. Service at the pool was great as well. We really enjoyed our stay at AVIA and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

It is so great to read your group had a great stay at AVIA for the bachelorette party! Thanks for the great comments regarding the atmosphere and the service at the pool. I am so glad you all enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you in the future.

Huntsville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

My wife and I decided to spend basically 2 days and one night for our anniversary this past weekend at The Avia in The Woodlands. Let me just say we were very sad to have to leave Sunday morning. We were treated like royalty from the time we pulled into the drive way till we left Sunday morning. The Hotel, the rooms and the breakfast are as good and even better than I have ever had, but what makes the Avia Woodlands is the staff, period. I have traveled the world extensively and stayed in some of the best hotels in the world and this little hotel has the best service I have ever had anywhere. The parking staff, bell hops, front desk staff and especially Jason. Thank you for making our stay one we will never forget, hope to be back very soon!

Room Tip: We booked online on their website.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
AVIAtheWoodlandsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so happy to read you had an incredible experience at AVIA for your anniversary! Thank you for recognizing the staff. They all work hard to ensure every guest has a relaxed stay and memorable experience and it sounds like they succeeded.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

Arrived on Saturday from the UK with a hire car from George Bush and charged $15 per night to park my car. Fine if you have a maserati or ferrari but a hire car Ford Escape....woke up the next morning and realised the con as parking in the main car parks is free. Now the rooms are not bad and equivable in price to the marriot woodlands and better quality with free internet; the marriott charges. However the hotel facilities versus the marriot are not as good on the pool area; but then locality to market street is better. The worst point for the hotel is breakfast which is very slow and unispiring; one of the worst in the US I have stayed in - and I travel all round the world.

I note you respond and challenge/answer everything which amuses me - lets be proactive - I am here till till Thursday (Room 320) - I dont want anything - just contact me in the room or leave me a message as I am busy with customers.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
AVIAtheWoodlandsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands, responded to this review, April 10, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you taking the time to post comments regarding your recent stay at AVIA. I do apologize about the confusion on parking. Valet parking is $15 per day. However, there is complimentary self-parking available as well.

I did not see your review in time to respond to you during you stay regarding breakfast. I apologize the breakfast was not up to your expectations. Our breakfast offers everything from fresh fruit and breads to create your own omelette as well as chef inspired offerings using fresh local ingredients.

I do hope you will give us another try the next time you are in the Houston area.

League City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

From the minute we stepped out of our car we were impressed. As mentioned previously the doors are opened for you at all times. The check in was smooth for the most part. One small glitch was that we were given a market view rather than pavillion. T hey made up for it by giving us two beverage tickets which we enjoyed poolside. The decor, ambience, staff and room were lovely. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so happy to read you were impressed by the service the minute arrived and had a fabulous stay at AVIA. I apologize for the glitch at checking but am glad you enjoyed the beverage tickets due to our error. Thank you for choosing and AVIA and we look forward to hosting you again.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

We tried out Avia the night of Dave Matthews. We got the Presidential Suite (much to my mistake) and were totally blown away. We booked well in advance when we bought our DMB tickets and got a great price. This was less expensive than the Marriott Waterway and a whole lot better. We had a great time and will stay again for concerts. The staff was great and were very friendly and accommodating. The bedrooms were awesome and all light was shut out. The only one thing we missed was room service. Next time we will know and will plan on eating at the various options around the hotel, like Johnny Rockets.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
AVIAtheWoodlandsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands, responded to this review, January 18, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so pleased to read you found the perfect place to stay after attending a concert. We thank you for the nice comments regarding the staff. They work hard to make sure every guest has a great experience and it sounds as though they succeeded. We do offer small plates in our AVIA Lounge and offer room service for breakfast. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

This is the most luxurious hotel I've ever stayed in. In january my family and I stayed here in the master patio suite. But when we checked in the air conditioner in the room did not work so we gave it a while. My family and I just recently toured the presidential suite and we told the concierge Roc abou the AC and he switched us to the presidential suite which is the most beautiful room I've ever encountered and I've even stayed in many Ritz Carltons and this is far nicer.
May I say kudos to Roc!!

• Stayed January 2010
AVIAtheWoodlandsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands, responded to this review, January 8, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

The most luxurious hotel you've ever stayed in is a very nice compliment. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at AVIA and we were able to upgrade your room to the presidential suite after letting us know of the issues you had with the air conditioning during your first stay earlier in 2010. Thank you for recognizing the staff as they work hard to make sure every guest has a memorable experience. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again!

Dave Brown, General Manger

Been to Hyatt Market Street, The Woodlands? Share your experiences!