“Very Good Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 163 restaurants in The Woodlands
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: I45 North Fwy
Transit: Water Taxi or Trolly
Description: Fleming's The Woodlands, TX is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located at The Woodlands Mall next to Market Street, near Conroe, Spring, and Shenandoah.
USA
“Very Good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was our first visit to this restaurant and we left with intentions to return. The first thing we want to mention is how much we enjoyed our waiter, Brian Sooter. He did a great job and we recommend you ask for him when you make your reservation, although the staff in general seemed to be very well trained. We ordered a daily special for two that included two good size lobsters and two filet mignons. The lobsters were the best we have had; however, we have to qualify that by admitting we have never been to Maine! We were a little disappointed in the filet's in that they were good, just not excellent. We suspect ordering a steak only entrée would have produced better results. We ordered the lava cake for dessert, however it was overdone and thus no "lava". As soon as Brian saw this, he deleted the price of the dessert from our bill. The next time we are in the area, we plan to return.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

74% Recommend
Montgomery, Texas
“What Happened? Clearly not up to usual standards.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Wow, problems started with reservations. I had received an email from Flemings announcing a summer special. Flemings is one of my wife's and my favorites. I went on Open Table and made us a reservation for 6:30 PM on a Saturday night. I received my usual email confirmation from Flemings referencing Open Table. Shortly before leaving home, I thought about printing out the original email about the summer special. I noticed it had a hot-link to make your reservation. I called and asked if the special was still valid with an Open Table reservation. I was told it was not. I then tried making a reservation using the web-link provided by Flemings. Now 6:30 was not available so I opted for 6:45 PM. The page came back with my confirmation number and email (where they were sending my confirmation) blank and said it was a reservation for 4 people?? I tried again, but now there was not a slot available until 7:15 PM? I made that one and cancelled my Open Table one. I shortly received both confirmations.

We were seated quickly after we arrived (about 6:40) when I explained our reservation problems. There was a card on the table with their featured special of the night, a two-course meal and a card explained to us as their "special drinks for the night". The card said the Happy Hour Drinks were available between 5 & 7 PM. We asked the server about ordering one quickly since it was now about 5-10 minutes before 7 PM. He pointed out the words at the bottom, "Available at the bar". Why they left this brochure for “bar only” drinks at our table and then pointed it out to us after we were already seated is a mystery! We then said we were having the special and asked for the server's recommendation between two wines. We opted for his recommendation, Silver Palm Cabernet Sauvignon. He said he would see if they still had a bottle available. Shortly he arrived and quickly poured each of us a glass from two small carafes. We said, wait a minute, we had wanted a bottle. He left and said maybe he could just bring us the rest of the bottle since he had just opened it and had only poured our two carafes. He returned and said, no the bartender had already poured another drink from the bottle. He said anyway that 4 glasses was the same price as a bottle and that we would only get 4 glasses from a bottle so he would simply refill our glasses later and charge us for a bottle. We said we usually got more than 4 glasses from a bottle and expressed some displeasure and said we would just order another glass each. After some time he came back and said he would bring us a "fifth glass on the house" for his mistake (which he did do).

We both ordered the $40.95 special, a filet topped with a red wine sauce and goat cheese and a salmon filet with tarragon sauce and topped with pecans. The starter was grilled shrimp in a chipotle sauce. We also ordered the summer squash with green beans as the featured side, which we split. The starter shrimp were very good, although the sauce was a little spicy for my taste. My wife liked it very much. The main course side of halved and quartered acorn squash and French green beans was very nice. The steaks were cooked as ordered, "rare plus", and the salmon was cooked medium as ordered. The filet was tender. Both entrees on both our plates, however, were at room temperature when served; not cold, but clearly not hot as they should have been. We declined coffee and dessert.

I would also recommend sitting at one of the booths around the edges of the dining room as the large table base on the center tables made you place your feet awkwardly and thus made for uncomfortable seating. They were very full that night, but the noise level seemed exceptionally loud.

My wife and I were very disappointed in the main courses, especially since they were the featured specials. We were also disappointed with our service, especially the wine and drink service which left something to be desired. Since we have had such a great experience in numerous previous times here, we will probably return and give them another try. If this had been our first experience here, however, we most certainly would not return.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Best for celebrations or business dinners”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Fleming's has a very warm and inviting decor and even on a weeknight was crowded and noisy. We went with two adult sons for a birthday celebration. They enjoyed their steaks, but not so much the calamari. We both got the night's special, a pepper steak with sides, and our meat was not nearly as tender or flavorful. Our server Sean did everything correct. We've been to two retirement/business dinners here and they do a good job for those. Ultimately Fleming's is in the tough spot of being yet another expensive steakhouse in the Houston area and on our scale came out average in the group, mainly due to quality of food and noise level.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kingwood, Texas
“Great Pork Chop and vegetarian need also met”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

6/13/2013 My husband and I decided to celebrate our wedding anniversary all week and decided to try this location since I took my mother to the San Antonio location for Mother's Day. We passed it up because it is located in the parking lot of The Woodlands mall across from Dillards and the Loft. There is valet parking available but we were early and decided to self park. The greeters were very nice and wished us a Happy Anniversary. My husband ordered the fried calamari for an appetizer and said it was the best he had. The portion size was large enough to be an entree laid with some type of sauce banana and red peppers. The complimentary bread was not bad but I prefer the onion bread loaf from Morton's Steakhouse.
i learned that the onion soup is made with beef broth and altered my choice to the Fleming's signature potatoes and green beans that did not disappoint. My husband raved about the huge pork chop and stated it was very good, not dry and the onions they were cooked in were awesome.
We noticed it was a bit loud(I guess I am just old school when it comes to fine dining).
We were given complimentary truffles for our anniversary but I prefer Morton's complimentary dessert option and memory photo. But it was very nice to experience.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good steak and good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

First visit to this restaurant. Hired a private dining room for a retirement party which was excellent. Had the fillet mignion with a loaded potato and onion rings ( or a fillet steak and jack as we say back home) which was good and cooked as requested. Would go back again but only downside was I thought they could make better use of the outside area for cocktails.

Visited June 2013