“Could be nice when finished with upgrades, but left a lot to be desired now!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Houston The Woodlands

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in The Woodlands
Aiken, South Carolina
“Could be nice when finished with upgrades, but left a lot to be desired now!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

We are Marriott Gold Rewards members and stay at a lot of Courtyards. We chose this one specifically because of it's location for a recent wedding. We knew there would be construction noise, but often found ourselves greeted by workers coming and going from the elevators. It was rather scary with our small grand-daughter wanting to "push the buttons" to find her almost run over by emerging workers.

We can't say enough about the great customer service! All of the employees went out of their way to make our stay pleasant, even bringing breakfast to the room, since the dining area was out of commission. They also provided a nightly complimentary "happy hour" which helped ease the distaste of the renovation.

The location is great, with easy access to I-45 and the Woodlands Mall, but I would be sure to ask for a room on the backside of the hotel. During one sleepless night, we heard freeway traffic, as well as the delivery trucks (I'm assuming) arriving at the Target on the other side of the street. The back of the hotel backs to the parking lot of the Residence Inn and was much quieter. All in all, this was an OK Courtyard, but I'd probably look elsewhere for the next trip.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

This hotel is close to great dining and shopping in The Woodlands. Nice easy access to freeway as well. I have never had a problem with the staff and found everyone to be welcoming.
I am looking forward to the renovations! Although rooms and lobby area are usually pretty clean, things are a bit dated. There are a lot of hotel options to choose from in the area and the renovations will help this Courtyard become a top player.
I like this Courtyard because of the location and the price is usually reasonable.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

I am a frequent business traveler and often stay at Courtyards. I was very disappointed in this one. My room seemed to have a layer of grime in places that are never cleaned (the basics were clean - bed, sink, bath), but the floor was covered in such a thick layer of dirt that my sock bottoms turned black after walking on the carpet. I would not stay here again, until its updated and refurbished.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
TharaldsonCorporate, Owner at Courtyard Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, September 28, 2010
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel. I would like to assure you that we are taking major steps in improving our hotel and most importantly improving the overall experience for all our guests. We are making many significant changes during our complete renovation, which includes new carpet in all our rooms. We hope that you will decide to give Courtyard Houston The Woodlands another try and check out all the new changes next time you are in The Woodlands area.
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

My husband and I always stay at Courtyards when we travel with my high school swim team. This one was awful. The staff was not friendly, nor helpful. The hotel was old, and the rooms were so SMALL. There have been no upgrades to this hotel like you see in most other Courtyards. In fact, it is hard for me to believe this is even part of the Marriott chain. It even "smelled" old. We stayed out of the hotel as much as possible. Thankfully, the Woodlands offers so much to do and you don't have to be stuck at this nasty place.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. We value all guest feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve every guest’s stay at our hotel. We understand your frustrations and are taking action to resolve these issues. We are currently in the middle of a complete interior and exterior renovation to update and improve our hotel. These renovations include new carpet, paint and wall paper in all rooms; a completely redesigned lobby which includes more sitting room for our guests to visit with family, friends or colleagues; and we will also be transforming our restaurant into the new Courtyard Bistro with an option for not only breakfast, but also dinner. We hope that with these improvements you will give the Courtyard Houston The Woodlands another chance next time you are in the area.
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

I had to make a last minute reservation here. I agree with the previous user who said this hotel has not kept up with the upgrades for Courtyards. I am disappointed. I am a platinum and have over 150 Marriott nights per year. I will stay at a different Marriott next time I need to come to this area.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Lake Charles, LA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2009

This hotel has a great location and the beds are very nice. But they are NOT about customer service..... I will NOT stay at this location again !!!!! The staff are not very welcoming or about friendly customer service..... The problem that I had was a small problem with my reservation that was made online thru Expedia but I was like "OK, thats Ok" . But when I was told that for the price you paid for this room, we cant even offer you a free breakfast. I guess a $116.65 for the nite isnt enough $$ to be treated with any type of respect. And I even called their customer care line to let them know how very rude and i was not happy with this location, I received the same poor attitude from them. I would expected more from this hotel than I received. Customer service is NOT a priority for them at all.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
TharaldsonCorporate, Hotel Management Company at Courtyard Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, September 15, 2009
I would like to thank you for the feedback on our hotel and apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. We value all feedback from our guests and utilize it to evaluate what we are doing right and what can be done to improve each stay for all our guests. We are always open to suggestions as we continuously look for ways to improve our guests’ experiences at our hotel. We desire to address any situation immediately in hopes that you will look to us again in the future when booking a room in The Woodlands area.
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2008

This hotel had a nice lobby/sitting area, friendly staff, and a great pool. It was very conveniently located near The Woodlands Mall and within easy walking distance of Luby's and Target, yet in a very quiet, tree-lined setting. The internet service was reliable wi-fi. The staff was very gracious. Breakfast buffet was excellent; very well-maintained and clean, pleasant breakfast area.

Two examples of how hotel staff took extra steps to make sure we were happy despite problems: (1) both times in-room movies were ordered, the picture went grainy a little ways into the film. The staff was courteous but did not have the ability to address the problem, so they provided free breakfast coupons. (2) the last day at the hotel our room was not cleaned. The hotel provided another room as the cleaning staff had left.

A good hotel for business trips to The Woodlands, or for proximity to the beautiful mall and downtown outdoor areas.

• Liked — Excellent staff; convenience; pleasant atmosphere
  • Disliked — In-room movies; price
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Courtyard Houston The Woodlands? Share your experiences!