“Close to I45 -- easy access but also road noise” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in The Woodlands
Bristow, Virginia
“Close to I45 -- easy access but also road noise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

The hotel itself is nice (typical courtyard) with friendly staff and clean rooms. Parking is an ease and its really close to Woodlands Mall, Market Street, Woodlands Hospital and I-45. Beds were comfy and good water pressure. Those are the pluses. Here is the big negative -- TOO CLOSE to I45. We had a room facing the highway (there is a Luby's cafeteria between the hotel and access road) but we could hear traffic 24 hours a day on I45. Surprised they put a Gold level Elite in a room facing that way (the other side might be quieter). We had a balcony (it overlooked the parking lot -- yea). Only when the loud ac went on did it drown out the road noise. And then the a/c -- I had it set for 62 so you would think we would be freezing. Oh no -- had it on auto and when it kicked on it was nice but loud. Then it would kick off and the room got real warm and stuffy. Complained to the desk after the first night and they said they would send someone up to look at it. If they did, nothing changed. Next time when in the area will consider one of the Residence Inns which are further from I-45.

Room Tip: The side facing west away from I45
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Kes1639,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott The Woodlands and for being a loyal Marriott rewards member. I’m glad that you enjoyed our water pressure, comfortable beds and location near The Woodlands Mall. We are located a half mile away from I-45 and guests are typically not affected by it, so I’m very sorry that this disturbed your stay. I will address your concerns about the A/C with my staff to ensure that it was properly looked at. Also, on future stays we’d be more than happy to place you in a room on the other side of the hotel. Please allow us another opportunity to host you on your next trip to Houston.

Shara G.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Parker, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Super clean, fantastic staff who always greet you. The beds are fantastic and rooms are very clean. A little hard to find behind the trees but worth the search. Wish they would tell you the food prices at the bistro so we just ate at the surrounding area restaurants. Right in the middle of all the great shopping and food area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Ecvogel,
Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent stay at our Courtyard by Marriott Houston The Woodlands! I'm so pleased to hear that you had such a nice time and that we were able to impress you! You'll have to try out our Bistro next time you're in town. We have the prices located on the menu board and near the register. We look forward to welcoming you back!

With warm regards,
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Almost slept through a thunderstorm, the rooms are so quiet. Well-kept property. Enjoyed the cafe in the lobby for dinner (though a tad expensive). Need a car to get to other restaurants. Nearby to the Town Centre and shopping in The Woodlands. Fitness Center was a bit sparse, but adequate to get in a workout.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Dbinhou7511,
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Houston The Woodlands. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and were able to get in a good work out. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm regards,
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stayed here last week for business from Sunday to Friday.

- Stayed on the third floor close to the elevator and ice machine but did not hear them at all.
- Clean and nicely decorated room. The rooms in this hotel have been upgraded based on the Bistro style of the lobby.
- TV worked great, no issues. Bathroom was cleaned nicely every day.
- Very friendly staff. They accomodated a late checkout for me of 2pm.
- Ate breakfast there a couple days. Breakfast tacos were outstanding.
- Used the treadmills in the exercise room. No issues with them specifically. It would have been nice if they had closed captions on the treadmill tvs. There were headphones to plug in to the tv but I don't like running with the wires bouncing around.

Really cannot think of anything constructive to say about my experience. Will definitely stay here again next time I am in town on business or for personal travel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Dan G,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I'm so happy to hear that you found our hotel clean, quiet and our staff to be so friendly. I'm also pleased to hear that you were able to try our breakfast tacos. They are my personal favorite too! We will look forward to your return visit!

With warm regards,
Baton Rouge, La
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

The thing I like the most about any Marriott property is consistency. The staff is always friendly and the rooms are clean and comfortable. This Courtyard is conveniently located near great shopping and dining! Staff was awesome. Enjoyed a great Starbucks Latte every morning! Will stay here again when in The Woodlands!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayed here for only one night in order to attend a funeral the next day. We just pretty much slept there. We didn't check in until about 10pm and left by 8am the next day. A relative used his points for our room and the check in seemed to go smoothly. Our king room was on the first floor facing the parking area. It was a quiet and very clean room. There was a refrigerator, but no microwave. The room was large. The vanity area is separate from the shower area and I like that. There wasn't a luggage rack and that's the only downfall I found with the room. The bed and pillows were comfortable. It's close to the Woodlands Mall and several restaurants. There is a Luby's right next door.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

The check in was great! The room was clean...except the big black curly hair in the restroom...gross. The bed was "just ok" nothing to rave about. What really ticked me off was the crappy pillows. For $200 a night ( including tax) the pillows should be not be lumpy! You could see the lumps before you touched them. There are 5 pillow on each bed. All 10 exactly the same. Wouldn't it be smart to have at least 2 firm pillows in the mix, 2 medium and 2 soft, with 4 cheap fillers? That way, every guest could find a pillow they liked? I couldn't get comfy and woke up with a sore neck and upper back. Sorry, Marriot, going cheap on the pillows is no way to earn a loyal guest. Oh, thanks for the exfoliation treatment with your small, rough towels. Good grief! They are too small to wrap around your body, we aren't big people. Breakfast was quick, and had a gluten free option, yeah.

Stayed December 2013
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Mary-Ann C,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I'm glad to hear that check in was great and you were able to enjoy our gluten free breakfast options! Please accept my apology that the pillows were not to your liking. We do have extra pillows available at our front desk that we would have been more than happy to bring you. I hope you will keep this in mind and give us another chance on your next visit to The Woodlands.

Miranda W.
Assistant General Manager

Been to Courtyard Houston The Woodlands? Share your experiences!