“Bring your own pillow!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in The Woodlands
Houston, Texas, United States
“Bring your own pillow!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

The check in was great! The room was clean...except the big black curly hair in the restroom...gross. The bed was "just ok" nothing to rave about. What really ticked me off was the crappy pillows. For $200 a night ( including tax) the pillows should be not be lumpy! You could see the lumps before you touched them. There are 5 pillow on each bed. All 10 exactly the same. Wouldn't it be smart to have at least 2 firm pillows in the mix, 2 medium and 2 soft, with 4 cheap fillers? That way, every guest could find a pillow they liked? I couldn't get comfy and woke up with a sore neck and upper back. Sorry, Marriot, going cheap on the pillows is no way to earn a loyal guest. Oh, thanks for the exfoliation treatment with your small, rough towels. Good grief! They are too small to wrap around your body, we aren't big people. Breakfast was quick, and had a gluten free option, yeah.

Stayed December 2013
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Mary-Ann C,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I'm glad to hear that check in was great and you were able to enjoy our gluten free breakfast options! Please accept my apology that the pillows were not to your liking. We do have extra pillows available at our front desk that we would have been more than happy to bring you. I hope you will keep this in mind and give us another chance on your next visit to The Woodlands.

Miranda W.
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Baton Rouge, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife and I go to the Renaissance Festival every year. Great rates, just renovated, clean, very nice staff morning and night. Very close to several restaurants and the Woodlands Mall. The only insignificant complaint is that there wasn't microwave in the room. There is a small refrigerator. Rooms are a little on the small side, but well furnished and comfortable bed. My room had a balcony. We will be back again next year for another stay. It was the best price of all that I checked out in the area at the time I booked the reservation. I am sure that varies from season to season and events near by.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was clean, quiet and pleasant. I was impressed by the small but extremely efficient and tasty bistro that serves breakfast and dinner and has a nice bar area. Housekeeping was very accommodating as well. Very nice pool and exercise area. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013
TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We were in town for the Lionel Richie concert! We had a wonderful time despite the rain. Our stay at the Courtyard was the icing on top. Stephanie was cordial upon check-in and even asked were we in town for the concert! Room was very neat and clean. We could not have asked for better for our short stay. I went down the next morning for towels and had no problem! Stephanie and Lisa were very helpful and got me everything that I needed. I am attending a wedding next month in the area and I will be staying at the Courtyard Marriott! Great stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Sewanee, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very expensive for a courtyard and for the location so I arrived expecting it to be worth it. It wasn't.

My coworker chose this hotel. So I gave it a shot even though I sensed better values were nearby.

The rooms were spacious, comfortable and clean, which is good.

But that's where the good ends.

We asked for a late checkout. Even though we spent more than $500 for a hotel just off the interstate (for two rooms), nope, no late checkout.

Since we paid full fare I asked for breakfast vouchers. Nope. (Other courtyards do this sometimes).

Rather than take one from my room, I asked if I could have an extra do not disturb sign. While she looked for one, we left without one.

For as much as we paid, I expected more. Oh well. Next time I will stay at another nearby hotel that is just as nice, half the price and includes free breakfast. The courtyard was not bad, but for the price there are better options nearby.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear HappyDonor,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I'm glad that you found your room to be spacious, comfortable and clean. I'm very sorry to read that you had a negative experience at my hotel. I apologize that we were not able to accommodate all of your requests and understand how frustrating that would be. I hope that if you find yourself back in the area you will give us another chance to say "yes".

Steve T.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

There are multiple Marriotts in The Woodlands area. The closer you are to the Mall, the nicer the facility and the higher the price. This Courtyard, and the Residence Inn next door, are located just behind (north) of the Target and just west ofI 45. It is fairly new, very clean and convenient. It is close to the freeway, so room placement can be important to avoid noise. The Residence Inn next door is a bit farther from I 45 and includes breakfast.

There were two down sides to the Courtyard: a super shallow tub, so even when full, you may not have much water coverage; and it took a very long time for the water to get hot. I suggest you turn on the shower, do something else, and then come back to get in! Some of the rooms have balconies, but the parking lot is not particularly picturesque.

Despite those comments, if the price was right, I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room on the third floor, away from the freeway.