“The hotel that says "no."” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in The Woodlands
Sewanee, Tennessee
“The hotel that says "no."”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very expensive for a courtyard and for the location so I arrived expecting it to be worth it. It wasn't.

My coworker chose this hotel. So I gave it a shot even though I sensed better values were nearby.

The rooms were spacious, comfortable and clean, which is good.

But that's where the good ends.

We asked for a late checkout. Even though we spent more than $500 for a hotel just off the interstate (for two rooms), nope, no late checkout.

Since we paid full fare I asked for breakfast vouchers. Nope. (Other courtyards do this sometimes).

Rather than take one from my room, I asked if I could have an extra do not disturb sign. While she looked for one, we left without one.

For as much as we paid, I expected more. Oh well. Next time I will stay at another nearby hotel that is just as nice, half the price and includes free breakfast. The courtyard was not bad, but for the price there are better options nearby.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear HappyDonor,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I'm glad that you found your room to be spacious, comfortable and clean. I'm very sorry to read that you had a negative experience at my hotel. I apologize that we were not able to accommodate all of your requests and understand how frustrating that would be. I hope that if you find yourself back in the area you will give us another chance to say "yes".

Steve T.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

There are multiple Marriotts in The Woodlands area. The closer you are to the Mall, the nicer the facility and the higher the price. This Courtyard, and the Residence Inn next door, are located just behind (north) of the Target and just west ofI 45. It is fairly new, very clean and convenient. It is close to the freeway, so room placement can be important to avoid noise. The Residence Inn next door is a bit farther from I 45 and includes breakfast.

There were two down sides to the Courtyard: a super shallow tub, so even when full, you may not have much water coverage; and it took a very long time for the water to get hot. I suggest you turn on the shower, do something else, and then come back to get in! Some of the rooms have balconies, but the parking lot is not particularly picturesque.

Despite those comments, if the price was right, I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room on the third floor, away from the freeway.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Nice rooms, great lobby decor and bar is open late for drinks. Breakfast is made to order and anything you would want. I had the French toast .
Bedding was new and very comfortable . This hotel is close to the mall and great restaurants .

• Stayed August 2013
Olvera, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Not what I expected, the staff seem eager to please, however, I was not pleased when I was told no laundry at the weekends (the is nothing written on the laundry documentation to that effect). bistro menu was limited, but overall hotel is in a reasonable condition, although I found and drowned a cockroach in my room. I won't be staying here next time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Houston The Woodlands, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear AksaiOiler,
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay at the Courtyard Houston The Woodlands. I'm sorry to hear that your stay was not what you expected. I'm also sorry that you were inconvenienced because we do not offer weekend laundry service. I'm sure you are not the only guest who would use this service so I will be looking into it to see if it's a possibility. I do hope if your travels bring you back to the area that you might give us another opportunity.

Steve T.
Dawsonville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We were there for 3 nights well visiting family. The first night our room faced I 45, and the noise was terrible. They very kindly moved us for the next two nights to the backside of the hotel and it was great! Room comfy, bed good, people at the front desk very helpful and nice. Starbucks brewed coffee available in the lobby, which made my husband happy. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Coral Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were here for 2 nights for business and had a very pleasant stay. It will start with the friendly smiling faces of Lisa and Beth at the front desk. The others at the front desk were very friendly and helpful as well, just we spent a lot of time in the lobby greeting clients and they were the 2 we dealt with mostly. Standard Courtyard lobby which is very well kept as well as the rest of the hotel. The rooms are comfy and clean with a fridge to keep your goods cold. The conference room worked very well for us too. They are very close to any kind of delicious restaurant you could want and just a few miles from Market Street. I look forward to returning.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I very recently stayed in this hotel for 10 days while on business in the general Houston area. The staff were very hospitable, friendly and attentive.
The rooms were comfortable though the air con unit stayed on constantly which made sleeping a problem in the early days.
The bistro was limited in choices but again staff were friendly and helpful.
I didn't have a car and found this hotel to be in close proximity to the Woodlands Mall along with other nearby shops and restaurants. However, if you ask the hotel staff to order a taxi, make sure they get a Houston Yellow Cab and not the company they appear to use routinely as they charge way more than an acceptable fare.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Houston The Woodlands? Share your experiences!