“Friendly Staff and nice, clean rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
HHonors Weekend 2X Points
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in The Woodlands
Houston, Texas
“Friendly Staff and nice, clean rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed here for a swim meet. The location was great with plenty of dining locations & the Woodlands Mall close by. The breakfast was very good with both hot/cold options. Plus it started at 6am even on weekends which allowed us to take advantage of it before my son had to be at the pool at 7:30am. The rooms are clean and recently renovated. The rooms are outside access, which I don't care for, but we felt very safe & the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Columbia Cross Roads, PA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

An excellent choice for a hotel in NW Houston (The Woodlands, TX) that is centrally located for nearly everything. Staff is caring and accommodating. Room was clean, and comfortable. We were here 5 nights and enjoyed every one of them.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This would have merited marking as an average Motel 6. What are Hilton doing? This is a motel style property on 2 floors, with outside room access and no lifts. Rooms are small, furniture is crammed in to the rooms, doors are ill-fitting, Bathrooms are cramped with a vanity unit in the bedroom area, there are no privacy curtains, so it's like stopping in a goldfish bowl. The TV is a 32" flatscreen with HD channels, however the pictures were in 4:3 or a shortened 16:9, which came nowhere near filling the screen, apart from the HD channels. This was blamed on the cable guy. No! it is for the Hotel Management to get this right!! The bed was of normal Hampton Quality. Sleep was spasmodic because of noise from outside, roller cases and a horse kicking 7 bells out of its trailer all night on Sat 5th of May. We wanted to move because we were not happy at the Quality but the manager would not honour the refund guarentee as we had paid in advance. . Breakfast warm items were cold on 3 out of 3 mornings and tables dirty and unwiped because the buffet attendant was more interested in playing on a computer behind the reception desk than doing her job. This is a dreadful Hotel. What are Hilton doing as I said earlier? We will never return.

Room Tip: Don't bother with this hotel find one of Hilton Quality.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
DruF_11, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Houston-The Woodlands, responded to this review, April 2, 2015
I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Beaumont, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I made my hotel stay through my company's travel agency so I did not realize this is an "outie" hotel (all doors on the outside), and as a woman traveling alone, this is not my preference. Other than that, my two night stay here was pleasant. The hotel and room seemed to be well maintained and the hotel staff was very friendly. Happy hour with beer, wine, and small snacks was a nice surprise. As always, the breakfast is very good and the "brown bag" is great to grab on the way out the door if in a hurry. I was toward the back of the hotel (recommend) so the road noise did not bother me. There was a package of ear plugs on the night stand and that was a nice touch, although not needed for me. The price was very reasonable for the area so overall, I was happy with my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Windcrest, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were in the Houston area for our daughter's dive meet.Very good coffee, hot and ready all day. Breakfast had pleanty of choices, both hot and cold. The Hampton was very close to the venue and easy access to a wide variety of dining and shopping. I will definitely book here again for next year's meets.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Round Rock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were hesitant at first because there are no elevators and the rooms have exterior access only. Aside from that, this was a nice place to stay. The rooms were clean and updated. The service was outstanding. The breakfast was very good. I loved having the option of turkey sausage! We had a group rate for our stay, so the price was $85 per night. This was low compared to the other hotels in the area for the weekend we traveled.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Fayetteville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I booked this hotel for work in the Woodlands. When I booked the hotel on Hilton.com there was a note that came up to say this hotel has all exterior doors. I was in a jam for time so I did not look for another hotel. Arriving the hotel the front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. I requested a 2nd floor room with no elevator I had to lug my luggage up the stairs to the room. When I needed some documents printed and stamps for mail the front desk clerk was very accommodating.
The room had been updated with granite countertops, nice flat screen TV and king size bed. The AC was a window unit from the late 80's that kept the room extremely cool but made significant noise in the process. It actually worked out with the AC noise as it drowned out the road noise. I tried to use the iron to freshen up my slacks but trash and debris came out of the iron with the steam so I had to forgo that activity. The towels provided had seen many years of wear and should have been retired long ago. As a Diamond member with Hilton, I am accustom to being spoiled with room upgrades but that did not occur here.
In the morning there was the standard Hampton breakfast which made for an easy start to the day. In the evenings there is a manager's reception but my work hours kept me from partaking.
This hotel fit the need for a few nights but I would not stay here regular or long term. This hotel has the feel of a Motel Six that has been slightly upgraded. I am surprised that Hilton allowed this owner to buy into the franchise.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel will be quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business