“Always a Pleasant Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in The Woodlands
Amarillo, Texas
“Always a Pleasant Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

We have stayed at this reasonably priced establishment several times the past three years. Although the rooms open to the outside and there is no elevator, the staff has always accommodated us with a ground floor room. The rooms are clean. Free internet is available both in the room and the business center. The breakfast area is clean. A Hampton Inn style breakfast is available.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Nacogdoches, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

This remodeled motel, now a Hampton Inn, is just fine. Very comfortable room, great bed, great breakfast. I prefer inside hallways, but there was no problem with the outside entrances. Quiet, clean, and all one needs for a business trip.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

I'm shocked this is a Hilton property. The only positive thing I can say is that the bed was comfortable. The motel itself (and lets be clear, it is a motel not a hotel) is horrible. The doors open to the outside. You can hear the cars on I-45 ALL NIGHT LONG. There is no way to drown the noise out. I can hear the guy in the room next to me clear his throat. I can hear his TV. I can hear people outside my room talking in a normal tone and it sounds like they are right here in my room with me.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Lufkin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

I like to stay at the Hampton Inn for the security of inside doors. This facility is like any La Quinta you'll ever stay in.....don't recommend this one.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Shoreview, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

In all honesty, I'm surprised to see so many negative reviews of this property. I stayed here overnight with a tour group in October 2006 and had a great experience. At the time it seemed like they had just finished a renovation. Coming from Minnesota, I was surprised to find exterior corridors, but I certainly didn't feel unsafe. The room, while a bit small, was clean and extremely tastefully decorated. The Hampton bed was incredible. The bathroom was also well-appointed. The service seemed good, and the check-in person let me into the business center even though it was technically closed. Also, the breakfast was well up to the usual Hampton Inn standards. I would certainly stay again.

• Liked — The bed
  • Disliked — A bit out of the way
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Phoenix
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2008

If you need to stay in the area, stay at a different hotel. Unwelcome guests (flys, spiders....) combined with the fact that this is a motel (not a hotel) and NO redeeming qualities are to be found. For example, they advertise a hot tub, but it was roped off and out of service. In all fairness, I do have to say that I liked the fact that you could get the room cold enough to "hang meat", but aside from that, you can find comparable quality at a much more affordable motel chain! I, like others, stayed at this Hampton out of my loyalty to the Hilton chain. In fact, I've stayed at enough Hilton hotels (and Marriott hotels) to achieve the highest level at both. When I had to extend my stay due to business reasons, the staff seemed "put out". I mentioned that I was a Diamond member and her response was, "there's a whole lot of Diamond members out there". If that's the case, I have to wonder why the Tapatio Resort in Phoenix put me in a Presidential suite two days earlier for the same price that I paid to stay at this motel disguising itself as a hotel! If you're reading this, you probably wonder why I stayed instead of moving to a different hotel....although a difficult decision, the deciding factor was my hectic work schedule and the inconvenience of coordinating a move to a different hotel when my focus needed to be elsewhere. For a hundred plus bucks per night, one can do much better! I'm not going for the refund....I'll just re-direct my future spending dollars (which are very significant) to the Marriott chain

• Liked — Location - The Woodlands
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Houston, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2008

I didn't know about the Hampton Inn's satisfaction or money back guaranteed until i read this site - i would have definitely asked for my money back and left had i known. My family and I had two adjoining rooms for two nights recently. I did not realize the rooms opened to the parking lot - an immediate tip-off that this is an old hotel. You could hear car doors shutting and engine's starting all night long and the noise from the freeway was very loud. People walking past the room seemed very loud. The rooms had the nice plush beds. A microwave and refrigerator (both placed in the corner of the room) was old. Although the room had been upgraded with beds and drapes, it was clear that this was an older hotel. The bathroom was so small you could reach all 4 walls from the middle of the tub. I noticed the dampness of the rooms like another reviewer commented on. The air conditioner woke me all night turning off and on and we could not find a temperature to keep us comfortable - we were either too warm or too cold. The maid service was non-existent. We left the room at 10am and returned at 3:00pm and could tell that the maid had taken our towels but not brought replacements. Bed was unmade. We found a maid in the hallway and asked for replacement towels which we received. The breakfast was very boring. Fake eggs. A mixed fruit bowl that each morning was empty when we arrived (at 7am). Once something ran out the bar was not refreshed (at least not quickly). We had cereal - everything else seemed old. We noticed a big food/beverage spill right outside the hotel entrance on Friday night.....it was still there when we left Sunday morning. We picked this hotel online because we are typically very happy with the Hampton Inn. We stayed in one in Florida just two weeks prior to this visit and the place was fabulous - including the breakfast. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. There is a comfort suites (i think) next door that had no vacancies. A Drury Inn across the freeway that i hear is wonderful. The location of this hotel was not convenient (as another reviewer mentioned) to return to your hotel (long distance between the exits to turn around). At the hotel entrance there is a "cage" - similar to a movie theatre where you purchase tickets. I'm sure whatever hotel was there before used this "cage" for after hours check-in. You can tell it's not used now. That should be removed so the hotel looks less like a jail. Very, very disappointed in this particular Hampton Inn.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — furnishing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hampton Inn Houston-The Woodlands? Share your experiences!