“very tired hotel” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 17 hotels in The Woodlands
Houston, Texas
“very tired hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

the location is nice. not too far from the waterway, but...it's easy to see this hotel has had better days as you enter the lobby. the chairs are a bit scratched and the fabric a bit worn. then the elevator, duct tape & hairspray to keep this old thing moving up and down. the room? two double beds are comfortable enough or it may be we were exhausted with a bit too much liquor after a night bar hopping on the waterway. the television is a bit small. the bathroom is really tired. old shower curtain and towels that more scratchy than soft. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: if you want a good room, don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

The staff here are extremely rude. After muxing uo the say of our booking we found our selfs debating on going home early after some talk my fiance sent me in with the card to re book and pay.

I went in the manger rudely told me no he would have to come in. I apologized and said I'd like it started so he could finish up and I came in because of the stress and confusion(leaving out he was walking our dogs)... She then told me she wanted no crazys and we could stay somewhere if that was the case.

I was shocked she though she could call us crazys. I was offended but correctedher no one was crazy she then said I just ment no voices raised and trouble. (There was a couple ahead of us slamming doors and being mad I assume she was taking that out on us) Long story short after check in I told my fiance what she had said he went to talk to her about how inappropriate it is to call a customer crazy specially when they had mixed up there bookings (I think they did the same to others as well)

Next thing I know just as I settle in the room I am tild we have to leave... she told my faincee u lued and she never called us crazy. I go in to twll her she did and her response was I said I wanted no crazyness...She was rude and she lied I don't know what she she had over hee today but she was the rudest customer service person I havw ever ment.

As far as the hotel it self the rooms were clean kinda smallish thw staff was horrific and rude. I worked for starbucks for 5 years and they hace a very dedicated style of customer care with that in my mind when ever I am served anywhere thsts that standards I hope for a customer 1st mind set.

It took us 3 hours to get everyrhing sorted this hotel ruined our night we missed the the show we came out for...I would avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed July 2013
League City, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The hotel looks descent from the outside. Much of the parking is cramped. I'm used to showing up at a hotel earlier than the posted check in time and rolling the dice as to whether a clean room will be available. Sometimes one is, sometimes you are given a time when one will be ready. But here, the answer was that there would be no check in until the posted check in time.

The bathroom area was really showing the age of the hotel. The exhaust fan was very noisy and the faucet in the bathtub dripped. A very small breakfast consisting of waffles, cereal, or bagels. A small and cramped breakfast area with not much seating. Only one power outlet in the room was accessible for things like charging cell phones or computers or using the iron.

A fairly noisy AC unit, even for a motel. The elevators are pretty ragged, they don't exactly make you feel safe riding in them.

There's a Denny's next door.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

my company put me in this run down hovel the other week as all other hotels near my office were full. check in area was fine as was parking etc and it looks ok ish from the outside - until you get to the room.

I was on the 3rd floor - up some steps and along a corridor. The room smelt mouldy and looked very, very tired - towels were threadbare, furniture was old, no safe for your valuables, all in all, a total dump.

i stayed the first night of a planned 7, made my excuses and checked out once i found a decent place. Ive since learned the locals call this place the "crack hotel"

never, ever again

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The hotel is an excellent place to stay. The bathroom sink needed some attention. But overall. I would stay at the woodlands La Quinta any time I traveled to the Houston area. This is the second time I have stayed there and each time the accommodations have been excellent

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn The Woodlands North? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn The Woodlands North

Address: 28673 I-45 North, The Woodlands, TX 77381
Location: United States > Texas > The Woodlands
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #17 of 17 hotels in The Woodlands
Hotel Class:2.5 star — La Quinta Inn The Woodlands North 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, LaQuinta, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your La Quinta Inn The Woodlands North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Inn Houston Woodlands Hotel The Woodlands
La Quinta The Woodlands
The Woodlands La Quinta
La Quinta Houston Woodlands

If you own or manage La Quinta Inn The Woodlands North, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.