“Good for a stay in the Woodlands area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Houston The Woodlands/Lake Front Circle

You added Residence Inn Houston The Woodlands/Lake Front Circle to your Saves list
Residence Inn Houston The Woodlands/Lake Front Circle
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1040 Lake Front Circle, The Woodlands, TX 77380 (Formerly Residence Inn Houston The Woodlands I)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in The Woodlands
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Good for a stay in the Woodlands area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We were visiting family and stayed at the property to have space to ourselves. The hotel is in a good location for the Woodlands area. It isn't easily connected to the Woodlands trail system, but it's hard getting around the Woodlands without a car anyway.

The stay itself was good. It was seemingly a busy weekend, but staff was very prompt and courteous. They made sure all things we needed were met. All in all, a good place to crash if on business of visiting family. If we were there for recreation it might have been a little boring. But we're also the type of people who wouldn't choose the Woodlands for vacation. So that's an opinionated statement.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Houston The Woodlands/Lake Front Circle, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Hello Jleuenbe,
I appreciate that you took the time to share your recent experience at The Woodlands Lake Front Residence Inn by Marriott with us. I was able to share your comments with the staff during our meeting today. It means quite a bit for them to hear their focus on impressing our guests is noticed! We hope to have you back with us the next time you come visit The Woodlands.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us,
Melanie Sutton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Canmore, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Good basic business hotel in good location. Spotless rooms and extremely friendly staff. Small but well maintained fitness center. You can walk to a range of shopping and dining locations close by. Hot breakfast and newspapers included.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Houston The Woodlands/Lake Front Circle, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Andrew S,
Thank you for your review of the Residence Inn Houston The Woodlands. I'm glad to hear that your business trip was enjoyable and you were able to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast and newspapers. We appreciate you letting others know about our great location and friendly staff. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Melanie S.
Buchanan Dam, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I recently moved away from the Houston area but needed to return last weekend for 2 nights. I spent a great deal of time researching, trying to find the "right" place for me…a woman traveling solo. I needed a safe place in a safe part of town, and I wanted a clean, bright, upbeat, modern place too. I'm a very discriminating hotel person, and if I'm not happy with where I'm staying, I'm NOT HAPPY. This Marriott Residence Inn far exceeded my expectations in every way, and, yes, I was happy there! My king suite was clean, large, bright (with 2 large windows), and quiet and I felt safe both in the parking lot when I arrived Friday night and during my stay here. Everything a person could possibly need or want is within close proximity of this hotel, from the finest dining to fast food, or fine shopping (Tiffany!) to Target. The Woodlands Mall is right there too with all the usual suspects (Macy's, Dillards, etc.). The furnishings in the room were very nice…the sofa was a modular type, very trendy. There was a nice desk in the room. All with plenty of space around. The room had a full-size fridge, a pretty 2-burner smooth top cooktop, microwave, dishwasher, nice dishes and glassware, silverware, cooking utensils, a corkscrew, cutting board. I didn't need most of these amenities, but…they were there, and I will plan accordingly when I return next time! I was actually looking for a home away from home, and I don't need to look any further! There were plenty of amenities I didn't require for this trip (pool, basketball court, exercise facility, etc.)…but I know what's available now for next time. So, yes, everything was great…and I didn't feel the least bit threatened in the parking lot at night by myself. This place is obviously set up for an extended stay, but it was nice for my short stay as well. It's about a block off the very busy I-45 but you won't hear any of the traffic. There's a Luby's VERY nearby too, which could be handy. No need to look any more…this is your place.

Room Tip: 3rd floor…far from elevators worked for me
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Houston The Woodlands/Lake Front Circle, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Hi Michele E,
Thank you so much for your awesome review! We are truly appreciative of the time and effort you took to be as detailed as possible in explaining the Residence Inn Houston The Woodlands, and the features that stuck out most for you. We take great pride in our hotel, amenities and location, and you have captured that perfectly. We love that you had a wonderful stay with us, and invite you to come back any time you are visiting the area!

Nichelle Baird
Director of Sales
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

-Great location. Close to the shopping center.
-Room clean; breakfast good.
-Staff is friendly.
-The indoor pool is clean and maintained at a good temperature.
-It is very close to the highway as well, which suited us as I had to go to Conroe for my business.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Houston The Woodlands/Lake Front Circle, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Hi Gurneet K,
Thank you for taking the time to write so that other travelers, as well as our staff, can know more about your stay. I’m glad you found us to be a convenient location for your work trip, as well as shopping! Our location does put us in great areas that are close, but not too close, to Interstate 45 access and all surrounding communities. Looking forward to your return.

Best regards,
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We ended up here by circumstance. Traveling on business with our dogs, weather forced us to arrive earlier than planned. Corporate discount locations for extended stays were not readily available and we ended up here. The 1-bedroom suite was wonderfully roomy, clean and nearly new. Ignore the proximity to I-45; it is extremely quiet. The The staff was friendly, knowledgeable and pet friendly.

The free breakfasts are actually quite tasty and vary from day to day and include eggs, potatoes, waffles and bacon or sausage or bratwurst. A free light dinner is also provided most weeknights, including red and white wine.

The communal sitting / dining area provides for interesting talk with a varied and cosmopolitan set of guests. Many are here for training of some form, often international.

They have an interesting pet cleaning fee of $100. That applies whether the stay is overnight or for a week or more. The concept is cost recovery and clearly favors the extended stay guest.

A very enjoyable visit, even if we did endure ice storms and colds Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Houston The Woodlands/Lake Front Circle, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Hi Joe P,
Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at the Residence Inn The Woodlands Lake Front Circle. It doesn't happen very often that we have an ice storm in this area, but we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us regardless of our unusual cold-front! The pet cleaning fee we charge only covers the cost of having our carpet and upholstery cleaned, which is the vendor's rate for a guest that stays with a pet. This is why it is a flat fee, and not based on the length of stay. We hope to have you back with us again soon!

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I can not say enough about this place! The staff (all of them) were polite, helpful, and sincere. They had a great variety every morning at the breakfast bar. Truly something for everyone. The pool and hot area are clean and stocked with towels. They have clean updated and well stocked suites. The price point was perfect. The amenities and location were perfect. Very pleased with our entire experience and will absolutely be coming back. Thank you for caring about your guests!!

Stayed November 2013
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Houston The Woodlands/Lake Front Circle, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Hello Mfeezy,
Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad that you enjoyed your suite, the pool and the breakfast. My entire team is focused on making sure that all of our guests have a great time while staying with us. We look forward to being your hotel choice the next time your travels bring you down here from Tennessee!!

Matthews, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Two quick points off the bat - don't be fooled by the older building exterior or the hallway carpeting when you arrive. The rooms at this hotel have been updated to the new Residence Inn standard and they are so much better than the old ones. The rooms feel fresh, the appliances are newer, and everything was in working order. The indoor pool and outdoor fire pit are a nice touch and well-maintained; the daily breakfast had more than enough variety to keep our 3-year old happy each morning. The staff quality was good as well; we were there for 3 nights and by the second evening, the front desk staff knew my daughter's name and she was their new friend. I hope they do update the hallway carpeting to match the newer look and feel of the rest of the property, but that's really my only complaint, and a minor one at that. Overall, though, this is definitely a nice property and the updated rooms make such a difference. One small aside - the studios and one-bedroom rooms are EXACTLY the same size (we traveled with family and saw both) - the only difference is that there is a wall with a door in the one-bedroom separating it from the living area. We traveled with the kids so the door was priceless, but if you're traveling solo or as a couple, I'd recommend the studio because it actually feels larger without the wall/door.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 'back' side of the pool have less noise from the pool/fire pit/parking lot area...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Houston The Woodlands/Lake Front Circle, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Hello Doug H,
Reading your great review of our hotel was the highlight of the daily staff meeting! We like to know when our guests enjoy their stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and add in your great tips! We look forward to the next time you are here.