“Refreshing Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in The Colony
Incline Village, Nv
“Refreshing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My husband and I travel a lot and have stayed in many different hotels and this one stands out over most of the places we've stayed in many different states. The staff was very accommodating to our requests. Our second day there the woman at the front desk upgraded us to a larger room at the same rate we were paying for the smaller room. This occurred when we requested a microwave for our room and the hotel did not have any extras to bring to us. So, the woman apologized and said we could move to a larger room which had both a mini-fridge and a microwave. That was a first for us! This same employee also let us extend our check out time due to our later flight.

We had chosen this hotel because it is located close to family and for the good rate for the room. The hotel is still relatively new and is very clean and nicely decorated. More importantly, though, both rooms where we stayed were very comfortable (beds, bedding, heating/cooling, bathroom facilities) and quiet. We had no problems with Internet access during our stay and had ample channels to watch holiday sports.

The employees at this particular Fairfield Inn were incredible. They helped add to our holiday trip in a positive way. I hope this hotel is able to continue the fantastic service, friendliness and quality of travelers staying there. We will be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano / The Colony, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
godsbooboo,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites. We appreciate having you as our guests, and we're glad you had an enjoyable visit. Thank you for appreciating our wonderful staff and complimenting their dedication to excellence. We will continue to provide great service, so please plan to see us again soon. We look forward to your next visit.
Clay Shaw, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Uniontown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Really enjoyed my 4 night/3 day stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites at The Colony while on a business trip. I took pictures while on my stay but am unable to post them to my review for some reason. But rest assured the professional pictures already posted on here are accurate. My room - as well as the rest of the facility - were exactly as depicted.

My room was very clean. Updated decor and everything felt very new. The bathroom was very nice and roomy with a walk-in shower with sliding glass doors - which I found different and enjoyable. Plenty of hot water. The staff was very polite and the continental breakfast was typical fare for a hotel but very good and kept very clean and stocked by the staff. Plenty of seating in the dining area as well. The workout room just had a couple of machines and free weights. So beware workout warriors, you may be a little disappointed.

The location is close to restaurant's and stores. But really, what location isn't in Dallas. Restaurants and plaza's are everywhere! All-in-all I had a great stay and will be back if ever in town again :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano / The Colony, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
tswitz65,
Thank you for your review. We're delighted to hear of your great visit with us, and pleased you enjoyed our surrounding area as well. Your compliments are greatly appreciated and will hopefully serve other viewers well. We hope your future plans do bring you back to Dallas and you'll stay with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas.
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I had to travel to The Colony for a funeral. I booked a 2-night stay (Thursday-Saturday) online the day before traveling. Check-in was a breeze. I was greeted by a friendly clerk who was adept at handling his job and provided useful info about the area and the hotel. The room was clean and I was immensely pleased with the height of the shower head-no stooping! A quiet room and a comfortable matress made for a great night's rest. Continental breakfast had more than just make-your-own-waffles for hot choices and the fruit was fresh. Outside seating to enjoy the morning was another added plus. Morning staff was also helpful with directions and recommendations. The hotel is very well-run. It is close to Stonebriar Mall which I have heard has excellent shopping. I plan to visit again to check that out. The only drawn-back for me was that this property did not sell Coca Cola products, but the desk clerk gave me directions to the nearest drive-through and convenience store. I would definitely stay here again. Next time, I will just bring my own Diet Coke.

Room Tip: Most of the major roads in the area are toll roads. My toll tag from another area in the state worke...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano / The Colony, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Fostertraveler,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased to have had you as our guest. I'm glad you liked our hotel and found a comfortable, quiet room during your stay. It's great to know our staff was friendly and helpful to you, especially with directions and recommendations. We would love for you to come back and visit us again, hoping next time you'll have time to visit the Stonebriar Mall. Pepsi is the vendor of drink selections for Marriott, however, next time you stay, let our staff know your preference and we will make sure you are accomodated.
Lago Vista, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We arrived around 9:00 PM on a Friday night, were greeted professionally, efficiently and check in was very fast. The room was very clean and we loved the large stall shower. The breakfast was very well done for a continental breakfast and good. The morning staff was very friendly.
We would definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
jacu23,
Thank you for writing a wonderful review about your experience with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites. We're glad to hear of your pleasant, comfortable stay, as well as your enjoyment of our friendly and helpful staff. It's great to know you liked our complimentary breakfast too. We welcome you back and hope you will come and stay with us again.
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

we stayed 4 nights here for our friends sons wedding and there were around 30 of us there most from toronto brampton and manitoba ,the staff very friendly and they had barbeque ,for charity for kids of america ,and the food was great and entertainment we enjoyed their pool as the weather was hot ,nice hotel clean and good breakfast that was included in bill

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano / The Colony, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
andrew p,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your pleasant stay with us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to have had you and the other wedding guests stay with us, and to hear that you all had a great time. The next time you visit Dallas, we hope you will come and stay with us.

Yours truly,
Chris Floyd, General Manager
Plano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Sometimes in life it's the random of kindness that keep my going. Probably because in this "dog eat dog" world they are....well; random. Marriott should be thankful to have an employee that just "gets it" and then acts on it. He realized that my day was not going well, and even though it meant more work for him, he put me in a different room as I requested. The nice surprise was that the room was not only bigger, but a better view. This may seem small to some, but I think those same qualities are prevelant throughout the staff at this location. From the cleaning staff to the lady that greeted me yesterday...."thumbs up" guys. You have been a small ray of sunlight for me the last couple of days.

Room Tip: The beds were nice and firm. The suites are beautifully laid out.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano / The Colony, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write these special comments about our staff. I’m not sure who the gentleman was who assisted you in moving to another room, but I’m glad that he was able to help and brighten your day. We do have a great staff here so I’m glad you were able to pass this along to other future travelers. We invite you to come and stay with us again, soon.

Yours truly,
Chris Floyd, General Manager
Conroe, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I was a little nervous when we got our room as it was right off the main lobby next to the dining area. I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet it was! Everything was clean and very comfortable. The room lacked art work (no big deal) and a full length mirror (ladies like those things). The breakfast was wonderful - waffles, fruit, oatmeal, cereal, plenty of coffee, juices, etc. There is a pretty park outside the breakfast area - can be enjoyed it the weather is nice out. No complaints!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano / The Colony? Share your experiences!