“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in The Colony
The Woodlands, Texas
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I had to travel to The Colony for a funeral. I booked a 2-night stay (Thursday-Saturday) online the day before traveling. Check-in was a breeze. I was greeted by a friendly clerk who was adept at handling his job and provided useful info about the area and the hotel. The room was clean and I was immensely pleased with the height of the shower head-no stooping! A quiet room and a comfortable matress made for a great night's rest. Continental breakfast had more than just make-your-own-waffles for hot choices and the fruit was fresh. Outside seating to enjoy the morning was another added plus. Morning staff was also helpful with directions and recommendations. The hotel is very well-run. It is close to Stonebriar Mall which I have heard has excellent shopping. I plan to visit again to check that out. The only drawn-back for me was that this property did not sell Coca Cola products, but the desk clerk gave me directions to the nearest drive-through and convenience store. I would definitely stay here again. Next time, I will just bring my own Diet Coke.

Room Tip: Most of the major roads in the area are toll roads. My toll tag from another area in the state worke...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano / The Colony, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Fostertraveler,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased to have had you as our guest. I'm glad you liked our hotel and found a comfortable, quiet room during your stay. It's great to know our staff was friendly and helpful to you, especially with directions and recommendations. We would love for you to come back and visit us again, hoping next time you'll have time to visit the Stonebriar Mall. Pepsi is the vendor of drink selections for Marriott, however, next time you stay, let our staff know your preference and we will make sure you are accomodated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lago Vista, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We arrived around 9:00 PM on a Friday night, were greeted professionally, efficiently and check in was very fast. The room was very clean and we loved the large stall shower. The breakfast was very well done for a continental breakfast and good. The morning staff was very friendly.
We would definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
jacu23,
Thank you for writing a wonderful review about your experience with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites. We're glad to hear of your pleasant, comfortable stay, as well as your enjoyment of our friendly and helpful staff. It's great to know you liked our complimentary breakfast too. We welcome you back and hope you will come and stay with us again.
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

we stayed 4 nights here for our friends sons wedding and there were around 30 of us there most from toronto brampton and manitoba ,the staff very friendly and they had barbeque ,for charity for kids of america ,and the food was great and entertainment we enjoyed their pool as the weather was hot ,nice hotel clean and good breakfast that was included in bill

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano / The Colony, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
andrew p,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your pleasant stay with us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to have had you and the other wedding guests stay with us, and to hear that you all had a great time. The next time you visit Dallas, we hope you will come and stay with us.

Chris Floyd, General Manager
Plano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Sometimes in life it's the random of kindness that keep my going. Probably because in this "dog eat dog" world they are....well; random. Marriott should be thankful to have an employee that just "gets it" and then acts on it. He realized that my day was not going well, and even though it meant more work for him, he put me in a different room as I requested. The nice surprise was that the room was not only bigger, but a better view. This may seem small to some, but I think those same qualities are prevelant throughout the staff at this location. From the cleaning staff to the lady that greeted me yesterday...."thumbs up" guys. You have been a small ray of sunlight for me the last couple of days.

Room Tip: The beds were nice and firm. The suites are beautifully laid out.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano / The Colony, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write these special comments about our staff. I’m not sure who the gentleman was who assisted you in moving to another room, but I’m glad that he was able to help and brighten your day. We do have a great staff here so I’m glad you were able to pass this along to other future travelers. We invite you to come and stay with us again, soon.

Chris Floyd, General Manager
Conroe, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I was a little nervous when we got our room as it was right off the main lobby next to the dining area. I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet it was! Everything was clean and very comfortable. The room lacked art work (no big deal) and a full length mirror (ladies like those things). The breakfast was wonderful - waffles, fruit, oatmeal, cereal, plenty of coffee, juices, etc. There is a pretty park outside the breakfast area - can be enjoyed it the weather is nice out. No complaints!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

This was a nice hotel, when I got to my room I was impressed. It had fun colors, clean, nice, updated fixtures in the bathroom and nice flatscreen TV.
I was impressed. They provided free breakfast too!
Overall great, zero issues, easy check in and out, would stay here again!

Room Tip: I used priceline to obtain this room and was pleasantly surprised and satisfied with this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano / The Colony, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Ucla123,
Thank you for your review and recommendation! We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments.

John Henry, General Manager
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Was in town on business, the hotel is clean and when entering the room, it felt fresh with the bright colors. The room itself was also very clean and comfortable. However, I was not impressed with the front desk staff who generally seemed, by the look on their face, like they were dealing with a crisis or just not happy to be there. I was greeted with a look, no acknowledgement, and I stated I needed to check in. No thank you, stating of room number, nothing...just handed room key and that was it. I asked if there was somewhere close by to pick up something for dinner and was told only on Legacy. I was in a rental car and did not know the area. If I had been told to go down another few exits, I would have found a variety of restuarants. Instead I drove an hour in circles looking for something a settling on Wendy's. The staff redemption: the one person was the female attendant at the breakfast area who was pleasant and attentive. I'm rating this average because of the room, certainly not due to the front desk staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
PrissyKim,
Thank you for your review of your stay. I am pleased that you found your room to be enjoyable. However, I would like to offer my apologies for the customer service you experienced as it does not meet the high standards of Marriott . Please know that we value and take all feedback very seriously as it helps us reach our goal of delivering exceptional service. I will be addressing these matters with my team during our weekly meeting. I look forward to your return visit with us so you can experience the true level of service and accommodations we have to offer.

Best Regards,
John Henry, General Manager

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano / The Colony? Share your experiences!