“Piece of Heaven in a devilish world” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in The Colony
Plano
“Piece of Heaven in a devilish world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Sometimes in life it's the random of kindness that keep my going. Probably because in this "dog eat dog" world they are....well; random. Marriott should be thankful to have an employee that just "gets it" and then acts on it. He realized that my day was not going well, and even though it meant more work for him, he put me in a different room as I requested. The nice surprise was that the room was not only bigger, but a better view. This may seem small to some, but I think those same qualities are prevelant throughout the staff at this location. From the cleaning staff to the lady that greeted me yesterday...."thumbs up" guys. You have been a small ray of sunlight for me the last couple of days.

Room Tip: The beds were nice and firm. The suites are beautifully laid out.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano / The Colony, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write these special comments about our staff. I’m not sure who the gentleman was who assisted you in moving to another room, but I’m glad that he was able to help and brighten your day. We do have a great staff here so I’m glad you were able to pass this along to other future travelers. We invite you to come and stay with us again, soon.

Yours truly,
Chris Floyd, General Manager

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Conroe, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I was a little nervous when we got our room as it was right off the main lobby next to the dining area. I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet it was! Everything was clean and very comfortable. The room lacked art work (no big deal) and a full length mirror (ladies like those things). The breakfast was wonderful - waffles, fruit, oatmeal, cereal, plenty of coffee, juices, etc. There is a pretty park outside the breakfast area - can be enjoyed it the weather is nice out. No complaints!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

This was a nice hotel, when I got to my room I was impressed. It had fun colors, clean, nice, updated fixtures in the bathroom and nice flatscreen TV.
I was impressed. They provided free breakfast too!
Overall great, zero issues, easy check in and out, would stay here again!

Room Tip: I used priceline to obtain this room and was pleasantly surprised and satisfied with this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano / The Colony, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Ucla123,
Thank you for your review and recommendation! We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments.

Yours truly,
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Was in town on business, the hotel is clean and when entering the room, it felt fresh with the bright colors. The room itself was also very clean and comfortable. However, I was not impressed with the front desk staff who generally seemed, by the look on their face, like they were dealing with a crisis or just not happy to be there. I was greeted with a look, no acknowledgement, and I stated I needed to check in. No thank you, stating of room number, nothing...just handed room key and that was it. I asked if there was somewhere close by to pick up something for dinner and was told only on Legacy. I was in a rental car and did not know the area. If I had been told to go down another few exits, I would have found a variety of restuarants. Instead I drove an hour in circles looking for something a settling on Wendy's. The staff redemption: the one person was the female attendant at the breakfast area who was pleasant and attentive. I'm rating this average because of the room, certainly not due to the front desk staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
PrissyKim,
Thank you for your review of your stay. I am pleased that you found your room to be enjoyable. However, I would like to offer my apologies for the customer service you experienced as it does not meet the high standards of Marriott . Please know that we value and take all feedback very seriously as it helps us reach our goal of delivering exceptional service. I will be addressing these matters with my team during our weekly meeting. I look forward to your return visit with us so you can experience the true level of service and accommodations we have to offer.

Best Regards,
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I believe this Fairfield Inn was built in about 2009. It feels new as you check-in. The hallways are beautiful with striking modern carpet. However, the first room we we given smelled very slightly like dirty socks and made my nose stuffy. The AC in this hotel is kept too cool which could have contributed. We were agreeably given another room that was better, but my wife and I noticed that it felt very humid each time we returned to our room. We wonder if the bathroom fan actually exhausts to the outside or just recirculates the air in the bathroom. The staff is very pleasant.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano / The Colony, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Thank you Austinwise for your review; we love hearing from our guests and appreciate your comments and feedback. I am glad we were able to offer you another room. I will pass along your comments to my team.

Thanks again,
Omaha
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Just got back from a two week vacation in which we stayed in four different hotels in Arkansas, Mississippi and Texas. All the others were great, but this one was a distant and disadvantaged cousin to the other places we stayed. It was clean and new, but that is about the best that can be said for it. They are probably better for a business overnight than a family stay. No microwave or frig in the standard two-queen room. While these amenities might be found in the suites. the other hotels in which we stayed had them in two-queen rooms. I indicated that there would be three adults in the room but only there was only one packet of coffee for the in-room coffee pot. Towels were very European (small and skimpy). The mattress was hard and the sheets were so skimpy that they only covered half of a standard depth mattress. Maid service was terrible.....beds were made but coffee packets, shampoo, etc were not replaced and the room was not really cleaned in any other discernable way (used coffee cups left on bedside stand, cellophane wrapper left on floor. Breakfast was OK though still inferior to the other hotels we stayed in (Homewood suites, Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express). Furthermore, breakfast service ended at 9 a.m. (forget about sleeping in a bit on vacation) despite the fact that the guest services booklet said breakfast service was from 6:30 to 9:30. The best I can say about it is that it seemed safe.

Room Tip: Get a suite if you want a frig or microwave.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear FootlooseOmaha,

Thank you for your candid review of your stay. I would like to offer my apologies for the service you experienced as it does not meet the high standards of Marriott . Please know that we value and take all feedback very seriously as it helps us reach our goal of delivering exceptional service. I will be addressing these matters with my team during our weekly meeting. Our large suite does offer both mini-refrigerator and microwave. I hope this experience doesn’t deter you from using the Fairfield Inn and Suites in the future.

Wichita, KS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Found this hotel on line for a two night stay to see family and shop. The hotel is great. It is quite new, the room was clean and spacious enough for 3 adults. We enjoyed a nice (nicer than most) breakfast. The hotel was quiet and there is a nice patio just off the lobby. The only thing I didn't have was a full-length mirror in the room. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Admin at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano / The Colony, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Dear ICTTNI: thank you for taking the time to post a great review of our property. We are glad you stayed with us while visiting family & shopping in the area. We hope to see you on your next trip the area!

John Henry

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Plano / The Colony? Share your experiences!