“Very impressed” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Waco tx
“Very impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Found this place by accident and so glad we did. Very much worth the money! Food was very very good. Authentic! We are very picky when it comes to Mexican food and this place did not disappoint. Read previous review and I've always payed for chips for pick up at many many restaurants so no big deal. Will be back when we are in the area.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Texas City
“Forget chips with a Take-Out order”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

When you place a phone order do NOT expect chips to go with it. Oh--you can BUY a bag for $1.50, but a small amt. will not come with your order. IF I go back I will sit down,,place my order...get my chips (FREE) with my meal....put it all in a To-Go box...and come home. It's a shame that I would even need to do this. Never heard of a Mexican Rest. did not serve chips with Take-Out. I don't like to eat there because the food is actually cold when I get it. Send it back to be heated and it comes back with burnt cheese. This is just sad!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Texas City, Texas
“Oh how stuffed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have eaten here many times and took my wife for the first time. Not a complaint from us. Even my picky 3 year old found something to eat. The plates were full of food and we both ate way to much. It was to good to stop. Service was great and the server checked on us often.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Galveston, Texas
“Viva Jalisco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

You can't get better south of the border food anywhere in this area. Been eating here for many years and just keep coming back for my Mexican food fix. The lunch plate specials just can't be beat for the price and the beans are to die for. This place is always packed with the locals because they know a great place to eat when they find one. The menu includes about any Mexican dish you can think of and the portions are not skimpy. If you're in the mood for Mexican food this is the place. Warning, show up hungry.

Visited September 2012
Planet Earth
“Good Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We are regular Sunday morning breakfast burrito customers. A burrito supreme is less than $4 and big enough that I've never been able to eat it in one sitting. The breakfast supreme plate is also delicious and has eggs scrambled with ham, potatoes, green peppers, and served with refried beans, cheese, and hand made flour tortilla. This is a real bargain at less than $5.
The menu has a large assortment of egg dishes all done in traditional Tex-Mex style. I've not tried them all as I enjoy the burrito supreme so much I always order it.
The service is also very good and the fellows who own the place are always anxious to do anything they can to insure we enjoy ourselves. The place isn't anything fancy but is clean and for my taste is one of the best breakfast places in this area.

Visited December 2012