“Horrible very unprofessional would not recommend” 1 of 5 stars

Crystal Suites Texas City
Crystal Suites Texas City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 Highway 146 North, Texas City, TX 77590   |
Ranked #11 of 12 hotels in Texas City
“Horrible very unprofessional would not recommend”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

The place is very unprofessional. Staff is rude. You are not allowed any guest in your room at anytime. Would NOT recommend anyone to stay here. Had 2 friends come visit and they told me they had to leave only registered quest allowed. Or I would have to check out. If I could I would rate service a 0 but the lowest I could rate is 1.

• Stayed October 2013

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

After reading all of the mixed reviews, we decided to choose Crystal Suites over a room on Galveston based solely on price and location. The room was half to a third of what was being charged for a normally low end hotel on an over-priced weekend. The check-in went without any issue and took about 2 minutes. When we walked into the room, we were pleasently surprised in that it was large, clean, smelled fresh, and with the exception of the old styleTV, relatively up to date. The bedding was white and clean. The carpet was vacuumed and had no stains and the bathroom was clean and large with granite style counter-tops.The bed was comfortable and the room quiet which provided us with a good night's rest.The continental breakfast was adequate but if you want eggs and sausage, there is a Denny's right down the street.I would definitely stay there again and based on our experience, I would not hesitate to recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: We had an end room on the first floor which was near the rear door. It made it exceptionally easy to...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel was the worst I have ever stayed at, the mattress and sheets had stains everywhere and when I went to complain all they did was give me more sheets and I had to change them myself not to mention the black hair in the towels and all over the room I will never stay here again

• Stayed August 2013
douglass
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

me and my family stayed in this hotel it was terrible i will never stay again! to start off the staff was very rude to me and my family at check in and checkout. when we entered our room there was a foul smell of moldyness, sheets where dirty with blood stains and hair like they never been cleaned just reused,and also cigerette burns on the comforter.when i asked for clean sheets i was told know i couldnt have any they where fine to go back to my room.also the hotel has bugs my children slept on a small couch in my suite and when they woke up they where covered in bug bites. we decided this hotel was unsafe for us so we wanted to leave and get our money back and where told we couldnt have it back.after we left both me and my husband and children where all sick with bad sinus issues probley because of the moldy room! BEWARE OF THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!! ITS BAD NEWS!! CROOKS!!!!

Room Tip: Beware of this hotel do not stay here!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I am not sure how this place has gotten bad reviews before because we had nothing less than a wonderful experience here.

We stayed here originally because Galveston hotels were pretty booked up or very expensive and this was the best value at the closest to our location.

Our room was very clean and comfortable, the pool and hottub were relaxing, breakfast was delicious! And we were just down the street from several restaurants to keep us full.

We were just a few minutes away from Galveston and the route was very scenic so no complaints there!

If we stay in Galveston area again, I have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

The location is not bad, only about a 20 min drive to the cruise port; and the rooms are spacious. Now for the bad, the hotel spells terrible and the staff is very unfriendly, the breakfast is a total loss. The room smelled horrible and the air was turned off so it was not only a bad odor but a bad stale odor. The indoor pool was closed which was a major disappointing for our kids , but no matter we talked with other guest who said it wasn't heated anyway and the chlorine smells was coming thru the door so no doubt that would have been horrible. Overall this is a major jip for the price, its worth it to drive further in to Galveston and stay somewhere that's at least decent. The staff could apparently care less anyway.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

It was OK for just a place to shower and sleep. Horrible Customer Service, poor breakfast, very hard mattresses and the room kind of smelled funny. We just wanted a place to stay and enjoy Galveston without paying 200 plus for a La Quinta Hotel in Galveston Island, so it worked for us. But for 89 dollars a night I would like to be better treated by the staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Crystal Suites Texas City? Share your experiences!