“Never” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 12 hotels in Texas City
Dallas, Texas
“Never”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

we were stayed but never again, First one carpet was dirty second,bed sheets has a lots of stains, mattress cover blood al lover it, third they charge me one night extra because I check out early anyway I call back they told me we can't fixed you got to call all way to headquarter I just forget about it never again stay any Americas best value inn any were

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rita B, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn / Texas City, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us..

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused in
some aspects during your stay. We have communicated all of your
feedback to the entire team for improvement.

We hope we could have the chance of serving you again in Texas City/America's Best Value Inn
Please do not hesitate to reach me if you may need any assistance.

Yours sincerely,

a

Please accept our sincere apologies for the the service/amenity issues that you encountered during your stay. We have communicated all of your feedback to the entire team for improvement. We have been working diligently to make improvements to the hotel based on previous guest's suggestions.

We hope we to have the chance to see you again at Texas City/America's Best Value Inn
Please do not hesitate to reach me if you may need any assistance.

Yours sincerely,

Rita Beemer
Director of Sales
America's Best Value Inn/Texas City

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Last month I stayed here for two nights due to my business meeting. I agree with most of the reviews posted here that they have major problem with cleanness. The rooms are not big enough which makes the situation even worst.

The service is not superb but the price is really cheap so I was ready for all this problems. As it was a business trip I couldn't afford to spend more then this.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Room was dusty...bathtub had cigarette burns...stains on the sheets. Very good price but we will spend the extra next time to get a cleaner room.no iron...coffee pot or even hangers...really not a big deal . The cleanliness mattered though.....not clean at all.

• Stayed July 2013
abvihoteltexascity, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn / Texas City, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am terribly sorry to hear that your stay with us was not to your satisfaction.

The cleanliness issues you encountered have been addressed with our housekeeping team and we will improve our process to ensure all rooms reach the highest standards

Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and should you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

TULSA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This cruise trip started out bad from the beginning. Daughters boyfriend didnt come through with his part of the money he owed for our cruise.This is not the motels fault...We drove straight through from Tulsa. Tired as all get outs and not a room in the area to be found without a reservation. $102.00 for one night in this place. I voted for sleeping on the beach...But so my kids would have a place to sleep we stayed here.I had drove most of the way so I fell straight to sleep in the hard as a rock bed. Wife said she faught 30 minutes trying to get the tv to work. Woke up still p oed about the boyfriend and went to the breakfast that I wouldnt have fed to my hounds. It wouldnt have been ok if I had paid $49.00 for the night tax and all, but not over $100.00. If your in bad need of a place to stay its ok. Otherwise over ride your wife and sleep on the beach...

Room Tip: Only if you like paying high prices for cheap stay....
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Americas Best Value Inn / Texas City and staying with us during your recent visit.

I am sorry it didn’t turn out to be the enjoyable stay for you and your family had anticipated..

We appreciate your review and take your observations quite seriously to improve our guest services.

Maintenance was informed of your report of non-functioning TV in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to any repair or replacement.

I hope that you will reconsider and that the next time you are in our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn / Texas City.

I think you will be very pleased.

Sincerely
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

The room had a really bad smell and they said that there was continental breakfast in the morning cheap biscuits and only gravy the orange juice was sunny delight the cheap cereal kind it was horrible experience!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am terribly sorry to hear that your stay with us was not to your satisfaction. We appreciate all forms of guests’ feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities to all of our valued guests such as yourself. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

Maintenance was informed about the unpleasant smell in the hotel and instructed to see what could be done to eliminate it.

The catering section has been instructed to look into the quality and quantity of the stuff.

We would like to invite you to once again choose us during your next visit and promise a delightful experience.

Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights with my husband, toddler and 3-year-old May 3-5. The rooms do have a dank smell, as one other reviewer stated. The breakfast is minimal (only waffles, milk, oj, 2 kinds of cereal, coffee, and tea) but that didn't really bother me. However, the smell and the dead bugs on the carpet, bedspread and bathroom floor did. When I asked the manager if our rooms were going to be cleaned on day 2, he said yes. I assumed that that would include vacuuming but when I came back, the dead bugs were still there. However, the trash had been taken out and the towels replenished. But I can't believe that for 2 days in a row, the room was not vacuumed. Not only that but it's obvious that the housekeeper does not vacuum (if and when she does vacuum) up against the baseboard or in the corners because there are piles of hair and dirt there. I didn't even want my kids walking around barefoot on that carpet. For that reason, I will not take my family there again. But the sheets, toilet, shower and sink area were clean. We like to go to Galveston every summer, but next time we will stay at the Baymont Inn and Suites on the island.

Room Tip: If you get a room on the second floor, perhaps you won't have dead bugs in your room. Also, our...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us during your last visit.

We also appreciate the effort you have taken to give us review and we take them quite seriously towards improvement.

We are sorry for the inconvenience you had whatsoever.

We have taken specific pest and rodent control measures so as to see that such an incident never occur in future and along with special training to the hotel staff and manager to ensure to offer the finest hospitality and good amenities.

We hope you will make a note of this and shall choose us once again when you visit our area and see the change.

Sincerely
baton rouge
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Stayed here a few weeks ago over night. Wanted to save money because it was cheaper than other places. Not again!!! They had people partying all night long, running up and down the halls, slamming doors, beating on walls. I attempted to sleep starting at 9pm. At 12:30PM, I went to office to complain and was told at first, sorry we have no security here to help curb the noise or banging on doors or walls. I then asked if they had another room and was told that I could move my family of 4 to a room with one bed. All the time while in the office, which had a bar right behind it with music so loud I could hardly hear the clerk speak, there was drunks hollering in the lobby that had just left the bar. Then the clerk starting to call me a lier and said, there is no one in the rooms beside yours, I explained that I have seen over 6 people come and go out of that room slamming the doors for hours. She then continued to state that It was not true. This was truly money ill spent and I can promise that I would never stay again. The area looks so bad, that when we first arrived that we brought everything including gps out of the car as we were scarred it would be burgarlized. Also, had no hot water in shower or sink. Asked clerk and she said, no you do. I then asked if she had been in this room and she said no, but all have hot water. While in the room, I ran the water for over 35 minutes and it seemed to have gotten colder. Floors felt like they were damp and had never been vacummed. had to keep shoes on as they felt gritty.

If you are looking for a crime infested looking place with broken down cars in the parking lot with busted out windows, hot water that you can use to cool your drinks with its so cold and doors slamming with drunks on them then this is truly your place.

Wish I would have went down the road further as I reserved off the internet and the pictures where so nice......

Life Leasons learned.

I want to warn any that are thinking about this place as this is truly not a good place.

Room Tip: find another place to stay would be my best advice
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Americas Best Value Inn / Texas City during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate the review and we take it quite seriously- for improvement.

At the outset, our apologies for the bad experience you had howsoever unlikely it may be.

We have investigated the entire issue with the hotel staff and have taken all necessary steps to avoid such unpleasant incidence. We shall see that it is never happened again.

Housekeeping Staff have received extra training as to their responsibility to ensure that all guest requests are handled in the best possible manner and also to maintain an enduring hospitality matching to the best standards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Texas City
#3 of 12 in Texas City
4.0 of 5 stars 64 reviews
Quiet, Budget...
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Texas City

Been to Americas Best Value Inn / Texas City? Share your experiences!