“Very bad!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 12 hotels in Texas City
Houston, Texas
“Very bad!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

The room had a really bad smell and they said that there was continental breakfast in the morning cheap biscuits and only gravy the orange juice was sunny delight the cheap cereal kind it was horrible experience!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
abvihoteltexascity, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn / Texas City, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
I am terribly sorry to hear that your stay with us was not to your satisfaction. We appreciate all forms of guests’ feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities to all of our valued guests such as yourself. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

Maintenance was informed about the unpleasant smell in the hotel and instructed to see what could be done to eliminate it.

The catering section has been instructed to look into the quality and quantity of the stuff.

We would like to invite you to once again choose us during your next visit and promise a delightful experience.

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights with my husband, toddler and 3-year-old May 3-5. The rooms do have a dank smell, as one other reviewer stated. The breakfast is minimal (only waffles, milk, oj, 2 kinds of cereal, coffee, and tea) but that didn't really bother me. However, the smell and the dead bugs on the carpet, bedspread and bathroom floor did. When I asked the manager if our rooms were going to be cleaned on day 2, he said yes. I assumed that that would include vacuuming but when I came back, the dead bugs were still there. However, the trash had been taken out and the towels replenished. But I can't believe that for 2 days in a row, the room was not vacuumed. Not only that but it's obvious that the housekeeper does not vacuum (if and when she does vacuum) up against the baseboard or in the corners because there are piles of hair and dirt there. I didn't even want my kids walking around barefoot on that carpet. For that reason, I will not take my family there again. But the sheets, toilet, shower and sink area were clean. We like to go to Galveston every summer, but next time we will stay at the Baymont Inn and Suites on the island.

Room Tip: If you get a room on the second floor, perhaps you won't have dead bugs in your room. Also, our...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us during your last visit.

We also appreciate the effort you have taken to give us review and we take them quite seriously towards improvement.

We are sorry for the inconvenience you had whatsoever.

We have taken specific pest and rodent control measures so as to see that such an incident never occur in future and along with special training to the hotel staff and manager to ensure to offer the finest hospitality and good amenities.

We hope you will make a note of this and shall choose us once again when you visit our area and see the change.

Sincerely
baton rouge
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Stayed here a few weeks ago over night. Wanted to save money because it was cheaper than other places. Not again!!! They had people partying all night long, running up and down the halls, slamming doors, beating on walls. I attempted to sleep starting at 9pm. At 12:30PM, I went to office to complain and was told at first, sorry we have no security here to help curb the noise or banging on doors or walls. I then asked if they had another room and was told that I could move my family of 4 to a room with one bed. All the time while in the office, which had a bar right behind it with music so loud I could hardly hear the clerk speak, there was drunks hollering in the lobby that had just left the bar. Then the clerk starting to call me a lier and said, there is no one in the rooms beside yours, I explained that I have seen over 6 people come and go out of that room slamming the doors for hours. She then continued to state that It was not true. This was truly money ill spent and I can promise that I would never stay again. The area looks so bad, that when we first arrived that we brought everything including gps out of the car as we were scarred it would be burgarlized. Also, had no hot water in shower or sink. Asked clerk and she said, no you do. I then asked if she had been in this room and she said no, but all have hot water. While in the room, I ran the water for over 35 minutes and it seemed to have gotten colder. Floors felt like they were damp and had never been vacummed. had to keep shoes on as they felt gritty.

If you are looking for a crime infested looking place with broken down cars in the parking lot with busted out windows, hot water that you can use to cool your drinks with its so cold and doors slamming with drunks on them then this is truly your place.

Wish I would have went down the road further as I reserved off the internet and the pictures where so nice......

Life Leasons learned.

I want to warn any that are thinking about this place as this is truly not a good place.

Room Tip: find another place to stay would be my best advice
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Americas Best Value Inn / Texas City during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate the review and we take it quite seriously- for improvement.

At the outset, our apologies for the bad experience you had howsoever unlikely it may be.

We have investigated the entire issue with the hotel staff and have taken all necessary steps to avoid such unpleasant incidence. We shall see that it is never happened again.

Housekeeping Staff have received extra training as to their responsibility to ensure that all guest requests are handled in the best possible manner and also to maintain an enduring hospitality matching to the best standards
Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and should you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Daytona Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

Lots of crime car break ins apartments in back of hotel is known for drugs and crime. If you wish to keep your valuables don't stay here, much better hotels and better prices in area.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn / Texas City, responded to this review, April 1, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you felt you experienced with us. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great, safe, clean service. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.
Houma, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2007

not the waterbeds you think. the price is the cheapest around. but, the hotel is crappy. the hotel room felt as if it was wet. the floor felt like we had a mister in the room. the beds felt the same way like we had wet sheets. it wasn't just our room because our friends stayed in another room and said the same thing. you can not miss this. we only stayed one night. but, then got our money back and went to another hotel. the pool is soo nasty that you do not want to get in it.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
abvihoteltexascity, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn / Texas City, responded to this review, May 3, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn / Texas City for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) The staff members were approached about the wet feeling that you and your friends experienced in your rooms and on your sheets. They are looking into the matter to see what is causing it.

2) Maintenance staff received additional training in the proper care of the pool.

3) Management was commended on returning your money under the circumstances. This is just the way our valued guests should be treated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn / Texas City. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn / Texas City? Share your experiences!