“Something has changed :(” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 79 Restaurants in Texas City
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Something has changed :(”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Unfriendly staff. Good food. I dread calling in an order to go here. The lady on the phone is rude. She yelled across the room (in Spanish) to someone while I was trying to place my order. Hurt my ears so bad that all I could think was there must be a fire or something really important. The next time I called was not pleasant either. I almost get mad at myself for continuing to go back. Texas City is a small town so we don't have too many options. I never see the owner anymore. Maybe he should check in on his empoyee's.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Texas City, Texas
“Good food poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

The food is good for BBQ,. but when I held my son's rehearsal dinner there, for 30 people (and actually had 26 adults and 3 children (well under the 30 adults that I paid for) we actually ran out of food! Not only that but they OVER Charged us!!! and did not give 30 place settings! When I asked them for 2 more place settings, they were rude and told me they gave me 30, and I told them they did not, and they could come make a head count if they wanted to do so!

They OVERCHARGED us by more than DOUBLE the amount, and I had to go back and bicker over the charge (which was reduced) ..but the lack of courtesy and the rudeness of the MANAGEMENT there was unheard of! I have NEVER had a management treat me with so little respect and so much disregard about my complaints. ..when I told them how they had run out of food for the people.. they offered to give me a 'free dinner' ... a lot that says about their concern about the customer.. a 'free dinner ' is NOT going to make up for ruining a rehearsal dinner!

Visited October 2011
Lake Worth, Florida
“Good, fast Texas BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Went here with some local folks for a quick business lunch. The cafeteria style service does not detract from the excellent food. There are many option. I chose a platter that had pork, chicken and sausage. All were excellent. I'll be back.

Visited July 2012
Venice, Florida
“Always excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I have been going to Grand Prize since it opened. I now live in Florida and for my birthday and Christmas, my family sends BBQ and sauce! The sauce and brisket is one of the best and I always try BBQ wherever I am in the USA. I'm shocked about those horrible reviews, just leaves more for me!

• Visited March 2012