“Candlewood Suites Taxas City” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Texas City
Texas City
“Candlewood Suites Taxas City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed three days, there was a Coffee pot in the room & they had regular & decaf Coffee, well after I found out there was no daily cleaning service I ask for two more packs of Coffee. My answer was No but for $ 00.50 each I could add them to my room rate or get dressed & come down to get a cup free. I got cold so I turned the Heater on & it Stunk up the room. I had to turn on the AC on high then open the door to get the smell out.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is one of the BEST properties I have ever stayed at. The staff there is so down to earth and makes you feel right at home. They never skipped a beat speaking to me with direct contact every time I walked thru the Lobby. Front Desk is so amazing. They are all so sweet and nice; I just cannot say enough about them, they ALL deserve 10stars. I was reading some bad comment about the place before even going to the property, I am SO glad I did not let that effect my decision on going. Yeah, so they ask for an incidental at check in... So what! Have you ever heard of one ruins it for all. Not to mention they have everything you need as far as in room amenities, so if something is damaged or missing then who should pay? Not the Hotel own up and take responsabilities (didn't you learn that in like 2nd grade). I just think some people get upset when everything does not go their way, don't go on a vacation on a budget; that's all I'm saying.
But like I said one of the BEST Hotels I have ever stayed in VERY VERY CLEAN and Front Desk is VERY VERY sweet. Thanks for making me feel at home!
See y'all soon!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Pitman, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel was a great value for the accommodations--although the room we were in was oddly designed from a function standpoint. No matter - it was reasonable and we would stay here again if ever in the area for a spell. Staff was very professional and courteous.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Irvine, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We booked the room 3 weeks in advance. When we went there we got a room that had a very story pet urine smell. My son is allergic to pets. When we asked them for another room they said they don't any, but will put a fan for 1/2 hour which will remove the smell. Finally I was able to get a room without a smell. All the rooms in this place has been used by guest with pets. I thought they would have few rooms that they don't allow pets like the other place. Kitchen is very clean and has a stove and fridge. Bathrooms is clean too.
Following day they have asked to move to another room and said they need that room. We have to move to another one again. Not a comfortable stay for us with these experience.

Room Tip: If you travel with pet this is ok.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Texas City, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Jan K,

I appreciate your feedback about our property. It is unfortunate that we were not able to provide a pleasant experience on this stay due to the condition of the room that you were given. This will be addressed with our housekeeping team to ensure incidents like this be avoided in the future. However, despite this it is nice to know that our kitchen facility was useful for your needs.

Pam G
Mansfield, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I had booked a weekend at this hotel. No where it indicated there will be a deposit required. Not even in my confirmation email or their website. After reading the reviews on here, I called their customer service. The lady I spoke with said, deposit require for only cash payers. Then I called the hotels front desk and they confirmed there will be a $50 deposit. Even after I stated its not listed any where on their website or the email I received. Canceled my reservations. Thank goodness for the reviewers on TripAdvisor!

Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Texas City, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear azambrano,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered over the deposit policy. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen G.
Sawyer, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

The hotel and rooms are gorgeous and spacious; however, there is not a lot around by way of restaurants. Just stayed in the one in League City last month and liked it better due to the location! But for one night with two children it was great!

• Stayed July 2012
Burleson, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My cousins & I stayed here for a mini family reunion. The front desk was very friendly & helpful with directions & restaurants. The rooms were clean, spacious & kitchen was set up for use. The rooms even included a small dining table & a recliner. Wifi was good. For the price, we felt we received more than what we paid for. For smokers, they still offer smoking rooms. Would def stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Texas City, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear kftw,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and for staying with us. I appreciate the compliments on our room accommodations and hotel service. I have taken note of your comments and we appreciate them as this is our best resource of improving guest satisfaction.

Thank you for your valuable feedback. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, Please do not hesitate to let us know.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Been to Candlewood Suites Texas City? Share your experiences!