“A very pleasant stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Value Place Houston (Texas City)

You added Value Place Houston (Texas City) to your Saves list
Value Place Houston (Texas City)
11444 32nd Ave North, Texas City, TX 77591   |
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Texas City
Charleston, South Carolina
“A very pleasant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Value Place was home away from home for almost 3 months. The rooms are sunny, I loved my full-size kitchen and high speed internet kept me connected. The staff are wonderful - always a friendly face, always a smile. The property manager is to be commended - Casey is very professional, helpful, and makes all her guests feel right at home and part of a "family". Cudos to you all, I'll miss ya!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Heather L, Manager at Value Place Houston (Texas City), responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We are so glad to hear that you had a great experience with us. At Value Place, we are proud of our employees and you can expect courteous treatment from professionals who are committed to maintaining guest privacy and peace of mind. Wish you well on your travels and hope that you will visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Edcouch, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This property was a pleasure to visit. The room was super clean, sevice was great and it felt so safe. The staff was wonderful, helpful, and knowledgeable. The staff greeted me and other customers at all times. The staff was also aware of what attractions were close by. I am going to recommend this place to all my friends and family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
We are truly pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Here at Value Place we promise a truly affordable, incredibly clean, much safer experience that's always simple and flexible to fit your needs. Again, we are very pleased that you had a great stay. We wish you well with your future travels!
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My boss had made the reservations and when I saw how little it cost I figured I would be living in the geto. Couldnt be further from the truth! I have stayed at very few places that put this much energy and pride inot the up keep and cleanliness as they do here. Im sure its the staff that takes pride in where they work. everyone who works here is pleasant and always willing to do what it takes to keep you happy..Frist impressions are every thing and my first person I met when i checked in was Kelly (for those of you who dont know, thats kelly with a Y!!!) and the experience just got better from there...

Room Tip: what can I say, clean and very resonalble. I would stay here again anytime
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Heather L, Manager at Value Place Houston (Texas City), responded to this review, October 12, 2012
We are delighted to hear you that you had a pleasant stay with us! At Value Place you will always receive an affordable price in a cleaner, safer, simpler, and flexible property. We’re about living better through better value and no matter what brings you to Value Place, you can count on a respectful, helpful and friendly team dedicated to keeping the Value Place promise to our guests. Thank you for lodging with us, we wish you well in your future travels!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed here while working for a couple of months at a local hopital. My first impression was that it was well maintained and clean...which you don't find very often at a great price! The staff was awesome...very helpful & friendly. Again not what you would expect at economy hotel. It was quiet and the room came with a regular kitchen which was great. While researching I only found a few other hotels in the area that have "kitchenettes" which consist of a mini fridge & a tiny microwave. Although you don't get all the bells & whistles that other hotels may have, you get a clean, secured atmosphere at a great price. If I wanted all that I would have to pay 3-5 times as much. Maybe on vacation but not while I'm travelling for work. I'd rather keep my money in my pocket! I will definately stay at Value Places in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Heather L, Manager at Value Place Houston (Texas City), responded to this review, July 24, 2012
We are so excited to hear your time at Value Place was wonderful and that you would come back and visit us again! We try very hard to make every guest's stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible. We appreciate you staying with us and wish you well in your future travels!
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was a studio apartment rented by the week. Monthly rates are available. The weekly rate was about that of three days elsewhere. Stay here if you can do without a maid. The room is only cleaned every two weeks, or when you leave. We emptied our waste baskets at the dumpster behind the hotel. There was no breakfast or swimming pool.

We had a full refrigerator, microwave, and a small cabinet with a sink and stove. Dishes were not provided.

There was a dining room table with three chairs. We had a dresser, TV, nightstand, clock, hanger rack, and shelf. There was a bulleting board over the table. The room was well air-conditioned. There were window blinds, rather than drapes. The room seemed well lighted, and the paint job seemed current.

There was an adequate bathroom with nice shower pressure, enough hot water, and a variable speed shower head.

The beds consist of mattresses on wooden platforms - with storage under them. There is an extra charge for new sheets or more towels.

We were on the first floor but noted an elevator. Parking was always available near the entrances. The parking lot is well-lighted. The building exterior and halls were clean. We never heard any noise or disturbances.

There was easy access to the north-bound feeder road of I-45. To reach the motel from I-45, take exit 16 of I-45. Turn left under I-45 to the second traffice light. Take a left onto the north-bound feeder. The hotel will be on the right after about three blocks of north-bound driving on the feeder road.

The front desk is only open during the day, but a 24-hour attendant lives in the building. He was very polite and friendly. He gave us road directions.

There is a 24-hour IHOP at exit 16 and a 24-hour Denny's at exit 20. After any north-bound trip, one must cross over or under I-45, and take the south-bound feeder back to exit 16.

Room Tip: See my comments about access to north-bound and south-bound feeder roads.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! You are correct, in many ways our rooms are like renting your own studio for a short time. But the good thing is we don't require any long term commitments! We wish you well on your travels and hope that you will visit us again soon.
Haughton, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

Do not expect to get a room even with a confirmed reservation. They had no rooms when I arrived and said they were "sorry for the inconveience" but there was nothing they could do so I had to drive around and look for something else the night before I started a new job. They would not even provide the manager's phone number.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

I stayed a week here for a reunion, since the week cost way less than just a couple of days at the other local hotels. Clean, easy freeway access, and who can beat a kitchenette where you can save money by cooking your own food?

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Well we certainly appreciate you staying with us, hopefully you had a wonderful reunion! ! We wish you well in your future travels and hope that you will chose Value Place again if you are ever in need of a place to stay!

Been to Value Place Houston (Texas City)? Share your experiences!