“Friendly People” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Texas City
Norwalk, California
“Friendly People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last month and I haven't seen service like this in a long time. I was lost and I called the hotel. The person who answered the phone gave me perfect directions and made my night easy. Then they gave me recommendations for a great restaurant near by. Everyone was friendly and made me feel welcome.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Texas City, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear George G,
Thank you for your great review of my hotel. I'm so glad that my friendly staff made you feel welcome. Please come back and see us again soon.

Kind thanks,
Gayla C.

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Richardson, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Always friendly staff. Very clean rooms and property. Hearty, fresh breakfast. We always stay here when we head down to visit. Easy on and off the freeway. Even when crowded at breakfast, the staff keeps things picked up and replenished. Just a comfortable stay every time!

• Stayed October 2013
Vinton, Louisiana, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Booked 2 separate weekends for a baseball tournament. Got a group rate of $89 at first which really is what I thought what the room was worth. No microwave, no refrigerator rather compact. Although I notified them in my marriott profile to provide extra towels, they did not. Do to logistics we cancelled 1 of the 4 nights which shot our last night up to the weekend rate of $109. I dont think its worth $109 which is my opinion. The staff is wonderful, they could not have been anymore accommodating to our baseball team. I just cant give a cookie cutter hotel with small rooms and no microwave or refrigerator more than an average rating when they charge $109 per night. Even if the staff is great. I will give the evening auditor an extra praise for her customer service skills, she was incredible. Owner needs to rethink pricing as probably wont be bringing the team back.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Texas City, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Gatorrat,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for the kind words of my staff. I apologize that you found our rates to be high. We work very hard to monitor our rates, and keep them affordable for our guests. I hope you will reconsider, and keep us in mind the next time you are in the area.

Gayla C.
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed here for our summer vacation. Our three year old ended up getting a tummy virus and so you would think we would hate this hotel from our experience alone. NO. WE LOVE IT! Not only did the staff come to check on him, but they offered to wash his car seat cover and clothes that he got sick all over. The sweet lady who restocks the breakfast area comforted me as i cried (we were all a mess, and i am pregnant) and they were just all around the kindest people i have ever come across in a hotel. The rooms were CLEAN the beds were great! My son has asthma and i was pregnant so we didnt want a room that smelled like smoke at all. Our room smelled great----like nothing! Which is the way it should be. :) We stayed on the first floor and heard nothing. A very quiet hotel! We loved the breakfast. They had eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, biscuits, fresh fruit and eggs, oatmeal, cereal, muffins, and pastries. The coffee was always fresh and they have cranberry juice, orange juice, and a few others that i dont remember. WE LOVE THIS HOTEL! Stay here and drive into Galveston....it's cheaper and better than the GALVEZ!

South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Clean hotel, with comfortable beds, and just a short drive to Kemah Pier and Galveston pier. Stay here instead of an overpriced two star hotel on Galveston Island, and use save your money to enjoy your vacation. Friendly staff, safe location and near a mall--in case you need anything.

• Stayed August 2013
Topeka, Kansas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The staff was very friendly, rooms were nice and clean. Is in need of a little updating. It was an option within driving distance to Galveston but better rates than Galveston area. The area the hotel is located is a little remote from activity, but that's not all bad either.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Texas City, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Jennifer,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn Texas City. I appreciate the kind words about my staff and will be sure to pass them along. I do hope that if you are ever in need of a hotel in Texas City you will keep us in mind.

Gayla C
Liberty Hill, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We have stayed at a bunch of hotels but NONE come close to having the kind of customer service we had here. Each and EVERY single employee was cheerful, helpful and all around just plain awesome. If we ever need a room in this area again, we will DEFINATLEY stay here. Keep up the good work, y'all!!

Room Tip: Beds are comfy, temprature was perfect, breakfast was yummy! Loved it!