“Oh our aching backs!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Texas City
Wichita, Kansas
“Oh our aching backs!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Staff is great! Typical Fairfield Inn though BUT the beds will leave your back aching in the morning.... no support!

Very clean and quiet though.The staff checks on you to make sure everything is okay and very friendly!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

As a long distance commuter, I have spent weekday nights here for nearly one year. The hotel is great, but more importantly the staff are personable and accommodating. I highly recommend this Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Staff was friendly and accommodating. Room was clean and bed comfortable. Breakfast was decent. Didn't care for the processed breakfast food choices, but the coffee was good, fresh food selection very appreciated.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
TexasCityFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Texas City, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and kind words about our staff. We value your opinion and use it evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel. We are scheduled to upgrade our breakfast to a hot breakfast by March 2013. We hope with our continued efforts to improve, you will keep the Texas City Fairfield Inn in mind next time you stay in the area.

Gayla Clements
Amarillo, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The value on this hotel is the key. For the price compared to hotels in the area, you get what you pay for. The hotel wasn't awful, just sub-par for a Marriott property. The rooms were a little dated. Nothing appeared to be falling apart, just not in great condition. The bathroom had some cracks in the grout and poorly repaired drywall cracks as well. The shower pressure was pretty low. The halls and stairways had some... strange smell. Sort of like a chemical type smell. Not horrible and the rooms smelled fine.

The breakfast was a good selection and again, the staff at breakfast were very helpful.

One of the biggest annoyances was the traffic noise and the aircraft of some sort that started flying over around 7:30 AM. I slept well until that point, so the traffic noise wasn't too bad, but the planes were very loud and close when they did start flying.

If I were in the area again, I'd definitely look for another place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in room 304 and the smelled bad and windows had failed and were completely fogged up. Thought a place with the Marriot name would be held to a higher standard. Will never stay at a Fairfield again...

• Stayed August 2012
TexasCityFF_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn Texas City, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and bringing these issues to our attention. I truly apologize for the negative experience you had while staying with us. I want to assure you all isssues are being addressed. Your satisfaction is so important to us; we hope next time you find yourself in the area, you will give our team here at the Texas City Fairfield Inn a chance to make things right.
Sincerely, Gayla Clements
Lake Worth, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed here for over a month for business in the Port of Texas City. The hotel was clean and the service very friendly and helpful. I arrived late in the evening and my room was waiting for me. My first impression of the hotel was the evening clerk Gloria who was exceedingly friendly and stayed that way the whole time I was there. She hooked me up with a refrigerator and microwave since my stay was so long.

The room was clean and was maintained that way the whole time. The WiFi was free and signal strength decent on the top (3rd) floor. It was active every time I tried to use it. The continental breakfast was what you would expect and was included in the price. The indoor pool was small but often empty. The hot tub was nice after long work days.

The location is convenient, right of I-45 and 10 minutes from the port. Galveston is 20 minutes away. Within walking distance there are a few good restaurants, the best being the Mexican place Gringos. Olive Garden, Beyond Burger and Ryan's (buffet) are also nearby.

I'll stay again next time I'm in town!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Gloria, the Fairfield's Director of First Impressions (that what her title should be!!!) shouldn't be behind the Front Desk greeting Guests but should be out training and motivating other hotel employees. She is a role model of hospitality! I was greeted with a warm and friendly smile the first time and every time I encountered her. In fact all the Front Desk staff were great be she is a stand out! I had shipped quite a bit of test equipment to the hotel and it was already in my room when I got there, a first for me! Usually I have to hunt my equipment down. That one effort on the staff's part was greatly appreciated.

The hotel itself seems to be in need of a renovation. I could tell that it has been a bit since it's last but the housekeeping staff did a great job with what they have. My room was clean, as were the hallways but I could tell things were getting worn out.

I would suggest that the breakfast buffet be expanded with a few more choices of pastries and some different fresh fruits but overall this is a decent place to stay.

When in the area again I will certainly stay there again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Fairfield Inn Texas City? Share your experiences!