“very nice staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Texas City
lake charles, United States
“very nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was fresh and offered a lot of variety. I will stay here again. Our room was very clean. The beds were very comfortable. Very convenient location. Easy to find.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Hotel was well located near interstate, and several restaurants are near by. But, far enough away that that road noise was not an issue. I arrived late on a Sunday and found that some of the common areas were not exactly spotless - not trashed, but not vacuumed recently either. Overall, the common areas were in good shape, Had a king size bed and found it to be very comfortable. AC was set for Texas summers on arrive at 68 and room was nice and cool. Had approx. 28" or so size flat screen, coffee in the room, full size ironing board and iron. Was dead tired so the noise from the AC did not bother me, but might others if you sleep lightly. Building had an indoor pool which I didn't use and looked in good shape.
Picked this hotel because it had a free breakfast. Ate very early and found a well stocked selection of cheese egg omelet, sausage, cereals, muffins, waffle maker, juices, fruit etc. Not a huge spread but you can find something and get full.
Was very happy with my stay but, maybe due to last minute reservation, found the $134 to be bit much for such a property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

The staff and manager went above and beyond to meet my needs. The manager got a refrigerator and microwave for my room. The phone wasn't working but was repair quickly. The breakfast was adequate. The pool was clean and well maintained. The elevator was a little shaky and noisy but it worked. Overal a very nice stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Fort Smith, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Let me first say that Hampton/Hilton is my first choice most anywhere for a hotel. This visit, I was planning to stay with 3 other adults. My reservation was made for 2 queen beds. When I arrived, the general manager reported to me that other customers had chosen to stay another night. Due to that, he was giving me a room with a king size bed, and a roll away. When I stated that my reservation should be honored first, he said that he didn't want the other guests to be uncomfortable. After reporting this to Hilton, they said that this is not the policy. My reservation should have been honored first, and the other guests offered the rooms that were available. While the Hampton HHonors customer service was wonderful, I will opt to stay at another location from now on. The General Manager's name is Duane [--], in case you are wondering. How he made his way to his position is beyond me.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
TexasCityHI_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Texas City, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn Texas City. It is rare that an overbook situation occurs but because of that error your vacation plans were ruined and for that I am terribly sorry. Nothing I do can make that up to you. It is my hope that you will allow me the chance to host you at my hotel again so I can show you how truly sorry I am. If there is anything I can do to earn your business back please contact me.
Duane Ide
Brownsville, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Though the service was good and the hotel clean and well kept, I will probably not return. I have stayed in Hampton Inns arround the country and the hotels are almost uniformly very good. The air conditioning system appears to need work, especially on the vibration.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Guest, Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us. It is our mission to impress all of our guests from the moment they walk in until they leave and it appears we fell short on that with you. I do hope that you will reconsider staying with us again and I would be grateful to hear any recommendations from you as to how we could improve your next stay with us at the Hampton Inn Texas City. Sincerely,
Duane I General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

When we go there at 3pm we were told "your gonna have to wait. Your room is not ready". When we returned at 5pm, we were told the same thing. and the new lady at the desk did not even know we had been there earlier. When we got there were people waiting in the breakfast area and outside in the parking lot. After telling her that we were waiting over two hours and felt we were treated poorly she gave us a handicap room and the rest of our stay was fine except for the noise from the room upstairs. Someone was stomping back and forth most of the night. The hotel itself was very nice.

san antonio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I don't normally report anything unless it's really bad. I love hilton and there hotels so I try to just incorporate it into my surveys. When we arrived we were given some prekeyed keys. Front Desk girl was very nice but you couldn't understand what she was saying and it was said like a robot. Very fast and robotic. We went up to the third floor as they had us in 327. try the key and get a red light. try a second key and red light. I leave my fiance and daughter in front of the door, go down to the eleveator and say my key didn't work. they rekey it. I head back up and try again. now the light flashes red to green to red to green. I head back down again leaving everyone up there and tell the front desk. Now there's a gentleman down there. I hand him the key and apparently the room they had me in was occupied. He kind of makes a joke and chuckles. I wasn't too amused. we then get the right keys for room 216. once we get in everything was great except for the a/c unit being noisy. Which it worked and I didn't want to have to go to another room. other then that the stay was good. the next night we stayed in a hilton in galveston that I've stayed at before. Awesome hotel btw.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

TexasCityHI_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Texas City, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Eric B.
I am so sorry for the experience you had in my hotel. I am the new General Manager and we recently went through some personnel changes. They are for the better, I assure you. This is not the impression I like my guest’s to leave with and I extend a heartfelt apology. We would love for you to come back and visit us so you can see that your stay is not typical.

Been to Hampton Inn Texas City? Share your experiences!