“Not the typical Hampton Inn experience...” 1 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2320 FM 2004, Texas City, TX 77591   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Texas City
Miami, Florida
“Not the typical Hampton Inn experience...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Got in early evening, long line for checkin and had to wait about 20 mins to be acknolewdge...first time it happens for a HHonors member. Toilet seat was broken...no more available rooms to move. Woke up around 2 am and saw a bunch of bugs on the wall above the a/c. Called front desk, nobody picked up, so decided to grap a towel and squash a couple of them. Got dressed and left the room. Will not be returning to this property at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
TexasCityHI_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Texas City, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear lajjr,
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the negative experience you had at our hotel. I can assure you guest satisfaction is of the greatest importance to us at the Hampton Inn in Texas City and we are taking steps to ensure situations like this don't happen again. I would like to invite you back so we can prove to you that this hotel and its staff are top notch. Sincerely,
Duane Ide,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Keller, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

A nice hotel in a quiet area with a reasonable rate. Complimentary breakfast was a big plus and the beds were very comfortable. A very comfortable 2-day stay. Near I-45 for convenience. 20 minutes to Galveston.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

McCook, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I have been trying to take our teenage daughter on a family vacation once a year , on a budget. Not being big travelers I rely only on reviews. one thing that drew me to the Hampton Inn in Texas City,TX were the excellent ratings, and they were correct!!! After driving 16 hrs from Nebraska we arrived at approximately 10am ,even though check in was not until 3pm that day we were checked in early and even invited to have continental breakfast. Constance and Laporcha were two of the friendliest women in the hospitality industry that I've ever met. EVERYONE on the staff was wonderful , always made us feel special. We are truly enjoying these years w/ our daughter on our family trips , and at the same time she is getting to experience wonderful people like you have on your staff... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A WONDERFUL SUMMER TRIP IN TEXAS.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hutchinson, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is a nice clean hotel. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean. The rooms smelled nice and we saw NO pets!! We absolutely will not stay in hotels that have pets since we have young children and I can't stand the thought of my baby crawling around after someones dog was all over. The only thing I wished was that they had a guest laundry since we have 3 kids and after going to the beach we NEEDED to do some laundry. We had to go somewhere else for that. Also our room didn't have a fridge and microwave which we thought it would and that was inconvenient with our children needing snacks. Overall very nice stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

caldwell, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have stayed here 3 times in the past year and whenever I visit Texas City, I stay here. The breakfast is typical and gets old, otherwise I very much enjoy my stay. Close to major stores and resturants. Easy on and off interstate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Yantis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This hotel did not quite live up to the quality standards we have enjoyed at Hampton Inn's in the past. The location is pretty good within walking distance to the beach. The complimentary breakfast was good and the pool/fitness room was good, but the cleanliness and working order of our room left much to be desired.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Texas City, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.
Leesville, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

i am a hhonor member and i forget my card so i asked the clerk to put my stay in as a hhonor member. she forget to do that. so i lost puionts for my stay. if you are a hhonor member please make sure you have your member card on you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are sorry for the experience you are having with our HHonors program.
Please send a detailed email to our Guest Assistance department. Please include your HHonors number and the confirmation number of your stay. That email address is hilton.comments@hilton.com They look forward to your reply and will gladly try to assist. Thank you.

Been to Hampton Inn Texas City? Share your experiences!