I booked a hotel room at the last minute because I had to go to Galveston and I wanted to go swimming. I always review the pool area and Hampton Inn scored 4/5 because it was clean and the temperature of the hot tub and pool were perfect. I deducted one star because there were no pool towels available.
The room itself could have been better. The air conditioning had soaked the carpet in icy water, leaving my backpack wet when I set it on the floor next to the desk. Fortunately, all of my camera gear which was in the backpack didn't get wet.
There was a dead roach beside the a/c unit and had I seen it last night there is no way in hell I would have stayed here. Other than those two complaints everything else was good. The bed is comfortable, just like all Hampton Inn hotels, and they offer a decent hot breakfast with a Texas shaped waffle maker. The day and night staff were very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again but check my room first before settling in.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Texas City Hotel
- Hampton Inn Texas City Hotel Texas City
- Texas City Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right in the middle of Houston and Galveston, the Hampton Inn Houston-Texas City hotel has a great location. It’s close to the Texas City Dike, Kemah Boardwalk, and other popular attractions. The hotel rooms have free high-speed internet and WiFi, free hot breakfast, 37-inch flat screen TV, and a clean and fresh Hampton bed. The hotel features a heated indoor pool and whirlpool, fitness center, and business center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Hampton Inn Texas City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.