“Average stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Texas City

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Texas City to your Saves list
Motel 6 Texas City
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1121 Highway 146 North, Texas City, TX 77590-6505 (Formerly La Quinta Inn)   |
Ranked #9 of 12 hotels in Texas City
Chicago, Illinois
“Average stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel is just your average stay it's not the best place to stay but you can't beat the price. If you just want a place to stay with nothing fancy with affordable rate this is the place for you clean hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here for the fourth of july because it was cheaper than to stay on Galveston Island, So on that front it was great, but thats about the only positive out of our stay. When we got to our room there were 0 towels. I take that back; there was one hand towel. When we asked the maid service, (who were smoking inside rooms as they were "cleaning them") they handed us a single floor mat. The bathtub never stopped dripping the entire night and had hair on the floor of it when we arrived. We were charged $89 a night to sleep on blankets with what looked to be urine stains on them. Dont waste your time here, you're better off sleeping in your car.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

On the end of our trip had to change hotels. Found this one and couldn't be happier.The rooms are clean, comfy beds and pillows. Tyler at the front desk is so helpful and very professional. I will definitely come back and recommend.

• Stayed June 2014
New Mills, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I booked this on the hop as we couldn't find an economy motel in Galveston near enough to any facilities. We found the desk staff helpful, they gave me discount for over 60 and free wi fi, normally $3.99. There is a cafe in the car park and pubs facilities close by.
Room was average but clean and had all you want for overnight stop at budget price.
Only problem next morning was getting a cup of ice due to selfish people who had filled up ice chests without thought for fellow travellers

Room Tip: No difference really,all close to interstate and noisy
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Do not ever make a reservation to stay here!!! I made a guaranteed reservation on Tuesday 04/22/14 with a CC and planned on paying cash when i arrived. I guess they tried to run the CC for the entire stay at 8pm on my check in date of 04/25/14 and it declined so they sold my room to some one else. Never once calling me. So Myself, my wife, and our puppy arrive at 10pm and are told WITH attitude from Mrs, Christine that they had canceled my reservation! Again... NO CALLS! Not a one! So here we are, 10pm and no place to stay. Every place is booked in Texas city and after 1 hr we ended up having to drive all the way back into Houston and stay around Hobby airport. As long as i'm on gods green earth, i will NEVER stay at a Motel 6 ever ever again!!!

Also, Mrs. Christine, the front desk lady..... Yeah, SUPER SUPER rude! She is in the wrong business if dealing with the public is what she was hired for. She Does NOT represent Motel 6 well at all! She literally raised her voice to somewhat of a yell, at me because she kept giving me conflicting reasons on why they gave away my room and i politely called her out on it. Shame on you lady.

Mind you, I've stayed at this exact location when it was a LaQuinta for MANY years and never once had a single problem!!!

Take your business elsewhere. They are NOT family friendly!!!

Motel 6 websites Reservation policy btw: Room charges are paid at registration or by 12 Noon in advance of each subsequent night's stay.

They didn't abide by their own policy for sure!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for Mardi Gras in Galveston. Room smelled and had to run a/c. Tub had weak spots and carpet was nasty. Linen had black stains on them and had to call down to front desk when we returned on Saturday night for towels because we weren't left any by the maid. Was told at check in that a non smoking room was all they had and that my husband could smoke outside. The Monday after check out I seen where our credit card was charged an extra $250. Called and was told to leave voicemail for Regional Manager. Called back after not having a return call to be told that he refused to speak with me and dispute with my bank. Worst experience ever.

• Stayed February 2014
TexasCityGM, General Manager at Motel 6 Texas City, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. It appears that we definitely failed when it comes to housekeeping and maintenance. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue in the room you occupied.

As stated in our prior communication; we understand your concerns and we welcome your feedback! I apologize that you had trouble reaching me, and I will discuss this with the Front Desk. We do show however that you did smoke in a non smoking room and thus were charged a $250 deep cleaning fee. There was evidence to prove the same, so we are standing on the fee as it required additional cleaning and deep cleaning to deordorize and steam clean the entire room.

Should you have any questions please feel free to contact me at (409) 948-3101 and ask to speak with the General Manager!
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Max and his staff went above and beyond expectations when we sailed out of Galveston. Ship couldn't sail due to fog. We were allowed to keep our room extra time and then were able to hang out in the lobby. Had we not been able to get a taxi Max was willing to drive us to the ship. We were able to leave our cars on the lot for the week of the cruise as we had booked an night there on return. We couldn't have asked for better service.
The motel has seen better days but was clean and everything worked. There is no breakfast but with Denny's on the lot that was not a problem.
We would highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Motel 6 Texas City? Share your experiences!