“Rip off” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Texas City to your Saves list
Orbitz.com Travelocity
Motel 6 Texas City
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1121 Highway 146 North, Texas City, TX 77590-6505 (Formerly La Quinta Inn)   |
Ranked #9 of 12 hotels in Texas City
“Rip off”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for Mardi Gras in Galveston. Room smelled and had to run a/c. Tub had weak spots and carpet was nasty. Linen had black stains on them and had to call down to front desk when we returned on Saturday night for towels because we weren't left any by the maid. Was told at check in that a non smoking room was all they had and that my husband could smoke outside. The Monday after check out I seen where our credit card was charged an extra $250. Called and was told to leave voicemail for Regional Manager. Called back after not having a return call to be told that he refused to speak with me and dispute with my bank. Worst experience ever.

• Stayed February 2014
TexasCityGM, General Manager at Motel 6 Texas City, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. It appears that we definitely failed when it comes to housekeeping and maintenance. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue in the room you occupied.

As stated in our prior communication; we understand your concerns and we welcome your feedback! I apologize that you had trouble reaching me, and I will discuss this with the Front Desk. We do show however that you did smoke in a non smoking room and thus were charged a $250 deep cleaning fee. There was evidence to prove the same, so we are standing on the fee as it required additional cleaning and deep cleaning to deordorize and steam clean the entire room.

Should you have any questions please feel free to contact me at (409) 948-3101 and ask to speak with the General Manager!

5 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Max and his staff went above and beyond expectations when we sailed out of Galveston. Ship couldn't sail due to fog. We were allowed to keep our room extra time and then were able to hang out in the lobby. Had we not been able to get a taxi Max was willing to drive us to the ship. We were able to leave our cars on the lot for the week of the cruise as we had booked an night there on return. We couldn't have asked for better service.
The motel has seen better days but was clean and everything worked. There is no breakfast but with Denny's on the lot that was not a problem.
We would highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Monterrey, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

My family and me were comfortable at this hotel for two nights before cruising. But they need to check and fix the tub because to slowly for drain.
No free breakfast because they said the area was remodeling.
Very convenient for 1 night before cruising, 15 minutes driving to ship terminal.

Room Tip: Before unpack check the toilet, shower & tub in order to sure is working properly
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We found the room very clean, with functional space and plump pillows(a must in my book). My only curiosity was the step up into tub; which after a night of xmas parties and walking around, my ankles were a little sore for that short climb.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TexasCityGM, General Manager at Motel 6 Texas City, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Hello Mona072965,

I want to thank you for your kind review. I am glad that we met all of your needs and that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable. If ever you are in town I hope that we get the chance to be of service again.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Very outdated property. Smelled like wet dog and dirty socks masked by cheap perfume. Water in tub dripped all night, Stains in carpet & counter tops. Dust everywhere. Cracks in walls and ceilings. A/C never cooled the room. Leaf blower @ 9:00 PM right outside your door. Convenient Ice maker broken - guests have to go upstairs to get ice. Mattress sunk over 8 inches, hurts your back. Housekeeping lacks audits because rooms were not kept clean. Obvious bug problems because the pesticide smell was awful. Never stay here again, even if they paid me. Has to be the second worst stay of my life. I'd rather sleep in a tent on a cold rainy night.

Some of the staff members were helpful and kind. Owners should put some profits toward a major renovation and management should audit housekeeping / grounds.

Best thing about this is it's location. Working in the plant? Only a few blocks and easy to get to. Denny's in the same parking lot. But there are much better places only blocks away.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
TexasCityGM, General Manager at Motel 6 Texas City, responded to this review, December 23, 2013

Now that we are a Motel 6 we are able to improve our property to meet every possible satisfaction request we can! This is an older property and wasn’t taken care of as one would expect however with every guest we are able to address concerns that arise and make corrections and improvements.

As stated in our prior communication; we understand your concerns and we welcome your feedback! I apologize that these issues had gone unnoticed, and rest assured we have discussed your feedback with our staff and are making changes to ensure this is resolved for the next guest.

In addition, we are re-evaluating our inspection processes to ensure these types of issues do not occur in the future. Again, we are terribly sorry that your experience with La Quinta was not a good one, but invite you to give us another try. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience!

Been to Motel 6 Texas City? Share your experiences!