“Decent for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Texarkana

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Texarkana to your Saves list
Motel 6 Texarkana
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   1924 St. Michael Drive, I-30 at Summerhill Road, Exit #222, Texarkana, TX 75503   |
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Texarkana
austin
“Decent for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The hotel looked like they had recently redecorated, and it had a European modern type of vibe, which was nice. The location is great if you're just passing through and need a place to stay while you're on the road. They also accept pets which is the main reason that I stayed here. The biggest issue I had here was that they were sold out of the internet (!). They have cards with internet codes on them, and they were all out of them so they couldn't provide us with internet access, which is a serious issue if you need it to work. Also, not sure what was going on with the cleaning ladies, because when we got into the room the bed pillows had no pillow cases on them and were sitting on top of the lamps (see photo). That's not a huge deal, but it is bizarre enough to make me wonder. I'd stay here again if I find myself in the process of moving cross country with pets, but otherwise I'd pass.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Our room had dry wall and nails all over the floors. We could hear everything the prople next to us, and we also found BED BUGS in our room!! We were very disappointed! The staff was very friendly tho!

• Stayed January 2013
Kerrville, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Not recomended for any other than a contractor on a job. The computer shut down when we checked in took 30 minutes to find our reservation. Place was full of trancient construction workers who came and went all hours of the night. Went to get coffee from the lobby in the morning. Asked for a lid to take back to the room and was told " we aint got any.." real classy. However they are pet friendly. I guess thats why there are vinyl floors..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The overall hotel isnt bad they just have to get their act together on the rooms being available.I saw 2 people turned away being told ter was nio rooms but then he suddenly found one for another guest that came in to ask if had rooms.I WAS FIRST CHECKED INTO A ROOM THAT WAS NEVER CLEANED FROM GUESTS THE DAY BEFORE.hAD TO GO BACK DOWN AFTER DRIVING 14 HOURS WAIT TO SEE IF HE COULD EVEN FIND ME ANOTHER ROOM.He finally did.It wasnt the cleanest room,compared to some motel 6,but it worked.

Room Tip: Make a resrvation if you really want to guarantee a room here.Hope you dont get checked into a dirty...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

I walk into the room and it looks nice,then i look at the floor..and OMG!!!
Dirt, hairs,hairs and more hairs, more filthy couldn't been.
I uncovered the beds and OMG again, more hairs, nasty nasty gross. The bathroom pee around the toilet, dirty mirror, no shampoo, conditioner Kleenex or nothing.
Lady in front desk very nicely said i get it fix in 5-10min, waited 3hrs nothing, we went to east came back and still nothing.
The worst thing i had 4kids with me, i was and still am grossed out.

• Stayed July 2012
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

I stayed here one night when returning to Texas from a trip to Tennessee. With the current road construction I found it very confusing to get to this Motel 6.

The listing says this is a newly refurbished hotel which is true to a point. There are new floors, paint and the vanity is new. The TV barely picked up any channels and the room was not very clean at all. We also did not feel very safe as there were some questionable people hanging around outside the motel. We walked next door to what I would say was the worst Applebee's restaurant and some guy in his pickup almost ran us over in the parking lot.

During the night we kept hearing doors slamming in the room behind us. At one point during the night there was a large jolt which awoke me from a deep sleep. I was not sure what was going on in that room but the next morning there were police there and others had complained too.

I didn't really complain but mentioned to the manager upon check-out that there was a lot of noise from that room. She refunded my money which was very nice, however I don't blame the motel for the actions of other people. Still it was very nice that she offered as a refund was not expected.

If the rooms were cleaner and the area a little safer I would consider staying here again, but honestly I cannot recommend this motel. Again, I would have to say both the night clerk and manager were very nice. If the cleanliness can be addressed, it would make a big difference.

Room Tip: try to get a room closer to the lobby instead of the bag, it might be quieter up front. The rates ar...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Afton, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

with const. it is hard to get to but once settled in a great peaceful sleep , great service all the way around

Room Tip: i always enjoy the no smoking rooms
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Texarkana? Share your experiences!