“It's right next to Denny's” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Texarkana
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5201 North State Line Ave, Texarkana, TX 75503   |
Ranked #9 of 21 hotels in Texarkana
Saginaw, Michigan
“It's right next to Denny's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

Mapquest will not recognize the address and it isn't La Quinta's fault. If you look for this hotel or mapquest you will find yourself 20 miles away. There is alot of road construction at this exit.

Hotel is clean and the staff was very friendly and always helpful. Very pet friendly. Bed was comfortable and the AC/Heater was no more or less quiet than anywhere else.

WiFi worked but for some reason I could not view Weather Underground, NOAA, or the La Quinta Home page. Had no problem getting to Trip Advisor and my e-mails.

If I ever travel this route again I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

200 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Tucson, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011 via mobile

Our destination was Little Rock, but ice and snow caused us to stop in Texarkana instead. The hotel was conveniently located, though construction and weather made access challenging. The check in went very well and the desk clerk was very helpful. We walked next door for a wonderful Mexican dinner. The room was nice and we slept soundly. The breakfast was okay but limited. I would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed January 2011
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

Location is great for those making a quick stop. Plenty of parking. Seems there was a problem the evening we arrived. Overbooked? Check in went smooth, place is clean but smelled bad in the lobby, some kind of cooking oder. We checked in off to our room opened the door and a black dude was in the dark bedroom in bed. Sorry sir, back to the front desk we went. Lady was helpful but seemed overwhelmed ended up putting us in a suite. Were not happy with it since we wanted double queen beds but had to settle for a king and a sofa bed which was BAD! IF it were not for the above issues the place would have been alright.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

There is a lot to tell.

It was raining, storming. We were destined for Houston but pulled over due to traffic, weather conditions. Staff greeted us warmly and we were thrilled to be out of this E Tx gully washer. We got the last room and it was clean and smoke free, praise God.

Took a nice nap and hotel was relatively quiet until about 8. Then things began to gear up - many groups of men here for something - also families. Walls were thin. People were smoking across and next to us - only the 4th floor is for smoking.

I called the manager and calmly told him that people on the floor were smoking - his actual comment "That's inconsiderate isn't it - Well - there's nothing we can do about inconsiderate people - is there?" I was stunned. I have never had a hotel manager refuse to check on unruly noise or smokers that were disturbing guests. Being as we have an asthmatic in the family - I found it VERY unprofessional that the manager would refuse to even check out the situation.

Noise continued all night - I got to sleep after 1:00. People above us sounded like they were adding on a bldg. Know that I would not have complained about the thin walls because we paid $75 for the room. But the smoking is another issue. The last hotel I stayed in (a Hampton) brought in an air cleaner when we complained of smoke and left it there for the night. The time before (and it's been awhile) - the manager knocked on the door and informed the party they were not observing hotel policy. (We could here this)

Trying to bide my time - I got on the HIGH SPEED internet. HA! What an oxymoron! You could not even get enough juice to get on the La Quinta or even the Trip Advisor website. I was only able to access my email - VERY slowly. This kept up all night. Guest Tek provides this service. I had to add something to my laptop to use it and now my browser is completely hijacked. Ever since I returned home - I cannot make it work. It keeps scrolling through 4 adclick services and then it hangs. Will have to do a reinstall .

Breakfast the next morning was pretty lame - but again - not much to complain about for $75. OJ looked like yellow water - dripping under the machine and running onto the floor. Area was clean otherwise. Yogurt, waffle, bagels, some fruit from a can, pastries.

La Quinta has been undependable the last 3 times we have stayed there - San Antonio as well as here. The corporation has no idea what these hotels are doing nor there run down conditions. The hotel across the hwy is WORSE -- do not stay in the Texarkana, Tx location by any means. It looks like a drug house. Comments on that one are very foreboding.

Hoping my time for this review can save someone the trouble. If you must stay - I advise you to stay near the front where others may not feel so inclined to break hotel rules.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

I don't recommend this hotel. The price is reasonable but you get what you pay for. The entire hotel smells like cigerette smoke. The hotel is very outdated. The rooms aren't very clean.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Paris, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

Across I-30 there is another La Quinta that is newer, better. This one is OLD and OLD. Pool like a swamp and bums in the parking lot begging for money. Spend the extra $20 and get a nice place.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Scranton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

We stopped at this hotel because they allow pets and we were tired. The buildings are from the 60's, right down to the punch card locks (yup... they actually still have punch cards). The rooms appear to have been renovated in maybe the 80's. The carpet is filthy, and we found dead roaches in the corners. At least they were dead I guess. The bathroom is just big enough to stand in, and DON'T look up while showering. Our ceiling has sticky goo and hair on it. The continental breakfast was absolutely cleaned out by 8am - perhaps they never stocked it at all. On an up note, I was able to find a stray cup so as to enjoy some awful coffee. I wouldn't stay here again if it was free.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Texarkana? Share your experiences!