“Comfy, Friendly Stay on the Road” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 21 hotels in Texarkana
jnbruns
“Comfy, Friendly Stay on the Road”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Straddled between the border of Texas and Arkansas, this Econo Lodge provides a comfortable, clean room and bed along with a well-maintained and furnished bathroom. The amenities are limited, but include a laundry facility in which we found $200 inside of a washer, which we interpreted as good-luck for our journey to come. Incidentally, we left our camera charger at the hotel and the staff kept it for a full week for when we returned on our way home. The Econo Lodge is located right across from a Wal-Mart which is great for picking up any last minute travel supplies and a selection of food stops. I recommend this location very highly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We wanted an easy off and on from IH 30 and this place worked great. Yes it is old but our room and bath was absolutely clean, the bed was comfortable, we heard no noise from the other guests or the road, and the water was hot. Look folks, if you are only paying $49 a night, be happy if you get what I just listed. Don't complain about the worn carpet. The only downside was the breakfast: just sweet bun sort of items, but the coffee was good. And the staff helped us with information about all the restaurants in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Before staying here, I read the last review. I talked to the manager and he explained to me what happened. I don't blame him for what he did. I had a wonderful stay. The front desk were very polite. The hotel is old but well kept up. There's a lot of eating places nearby. I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Went to visit my boyfriend for two nights. While he was at work, about 9:30 in the morning, I was in bed & the owner came in (even though I had the do not disturb sign out)! He told me that I had to get out of his hotel because I didn't check in at the desk with them! Absolutely no privacy & the owner was extremely rude & threatening!
DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Front desk at check in_ Rude and Stupid. Refused to give us AAA discount. Room: HOT.
A/C noisy and ineffective.
Shower: Loud screaming noise. When the electricity to all the lights in the room went out we were asked- "Did you use the hair dryer?" That's right- it was OUR FAULT that the lights went out hours after we used the hair dryer. Breakfast? skip it.
Not a good neighborhood. No security for us and our car but check-in clerk behind bullet proof glass and would not let us into the lobby.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Texas, the Lone Star State
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

This is a very decent hotel in the Econo-Lodge chain.

As all travelers know, your experiences can vary widely at budget hotels, but this one was a pleasant surprise. Good service, clean rooms, and a nice place to stay when you're on the road for the night.

I can highly recommend this hotel for families and travelers. I'll stay here again if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

We needed something last minute and this was available. Stayed about 6 hours and left. Just long enough to rest our eyes and get back on the road. It stunk and I couldn't wait to get out of there. Like filth? This is the place for you. The beds were the smallest full size beds I've ever seen. Wanna shower? Great! If you don't mind other people's hair. We also grabbed a few extra slices of bread for the children in our party and caught a ration from the front desk attendant. I've seen other hotels in this class and they've strived t make it better. This one...Not so much! Keep driving.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Texarkana? Share your experiences!