“Good for the price and location” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Texarkana
San Antonio, Texas
“Good for the price and location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We wanted an easy off and on from IH 30 and this place worked great. Yes it is old but our room and bath was absolutely clean, the bed was comfortable, we heard no noise from the other guests or the road, and the water was hot. Look folks, if you are only paying $49 a night, be happy if you get what I just listed. Don't complain about the worn carpet. The only downside was the breakfast: just sweet bun sort of items, but the coffee was good. And the staff helped us with information about all the restaurants in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Went to visit my boyfriend for two nights. While he was at work, about 9:30 in the morning, I was in bed & the owner came in (even though I had the do not disturb sign out)! He told me that I had to get out of his hotel because I didn't check in at the desk with them! Absolutely no privacy & the owner was extremely rude & threatening!
DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Front desk at check in_ Rude and Stupid. Refused to give us AAA discount. Room: HOT.
A/C noisy and ineffective.
Shower: Loud screaming noise. When the electricity to all the lights in the room went out we were asked- "Did you use the hair dryer?" That's right- it was OUR FAULT that the lights went out hours after we used the hair dryer. Breakfast? skip it.
Not a good neighborhood. No security for us and our car but check-in clerk behind bullet proof glass and would not let us into the lobby.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Texas, the Lone Star State
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

This is a very decent hotel in the Econo-Lodge chain.

As all travelers know, your experiences can vary widely at budget hotels, but this one was a pleasant surprise. Good service, clean rooms, and a nice place to stay when you're on the road for the night.

I can highly recommend this hotel for families and travelers. I'll stay here again if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

We needed something last minute and this was available. Stayed about 6 hours and left. Just long enough to rest our eyes and get back on the road. It stunk and I couldn't wait to get out of there. Like filth? This is the place for you. The beds were the smallest full size beds I've ever seen. Wanna shower? Great! If you don't mind other people's hair. We also grabbed a few extra slices of bread for the children in our party and caught a ration from the front desk attendant. I've seen other hotels in this class and they've strived t make it better. This one...Not so much! Keep driving.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
West Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

The Econo Lodge of Texarkana, Texas is a very plain, no-frills motel. It's clean and the furnishings are average for its budget-level price. All rooms open to the outside and so it's easy to go from your car to the room. The location is near the I-30 interchange at State Line Rd.

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this hotel based on my experience with three different staff members. All of them seemed to not want me there.

When I made my reservation, I indicated that I would be a late arrival. Indeed, I arrived very late (~2:30 a.m.) and the graveyard staff clerk was asleep and not very happy that I had disturbed her. Given my late arrival and a 14-hour drive ahead, I was hoping to sleep in a bit and check out close to the required time (11:00 a.m.) Although I had put a "Do Not Disturb" card in the outside door lock, one of the housekeepers ignored it at around 8:30 a.m. About 90 minutes later, the front desk clerk called my room to ask if I was staying another night; if not, I'd need to be checking out by 11:00 a.m. or I'd get charged for another night.

They won't need to ever worry about that again. I won't be back another night at this Econo Lodge - ever.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

After reading negative reviews of several Texarkana hotels, I was pleasantly surprised by the Econo Lodge. We were there for a week and I have no real complaints. Bed was okay, but not a pillowtop. But if you like to sit on the bed to watch TV, you'll find the headboard a real problem. There's just no way to lean back comfortably. Only other complaint was that the shower area was narrow due to rod being placed too far inside tub enclosure. Spent most of shower time with curtain plastered to my side. A curved rod would be a nice addition.

Room was clean, staff friendly, not much noise other than workers leaving at 5:30 am, internet was fast. Bring your own coffee pot and iron.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge Texarkana? Share your experiences!