“You get what you pay for.” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Texarkana
“You get what you pay for.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed as a getaway for the weekend. When we got to the room I was amazed none of the lamps were plugged in. The bathrooms had wallpaper peeling. The sink faucets were loose. They only put one roll if TP in the bathroom. The tv was super old & would have liked to see a small table/chairs in the room. The vending machine area was no good. Nothing in the vending machines it was empty. The coffee machine was dirty. The pros was the bed was clean & sheets were clean. Jacuzzi was clean. The place needs a facelift. Overall a cheesy room.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Christopher
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Although they are located with easy access from the interstate, their room cleanliness needs improvement. Mold and mildew in showers, very old linens that have been laundered to a thin transparent state, and carpets need cleaning against the walls and in corners.

HOWEVER.... The older lady at the desk on day shift was VERY pleasant and polite. Breakfast was decent, but just couldn't get past the condition of the room.

Low rate and easy access from highway probably keep them busy with guests, but they need to step-up their game with the condition of their rooms.

• Stayed February 2013
Mena, AR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

This place is a dump like most other PATEL establishments. Furniture is stained, carpet is nasty, cigarettes everywhere. My coworkers balls where itching when he woke up. I was scared to even take a shower it was so nasty. Tile in the bathroom wasn't grouted. You could trip over the floor in my room it was so buckled. Air conditioner would only cool off the room. Looked like there was "adult services" ring being ran.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Pine City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We were a little skeptical because the outside is very dated, kinda dirty with cig butts etc, but we were tired. Front desk woman was very nice, helpful and friendly. Room was perfect, nice new carpet, fresh smell. Kids liked the pool. Breakfast was great. This is is an old property but they are investing in it and we were pleased.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Spring Branch, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

You make reservations on the internet and then hope the place is nice. Well, this place is a real dump. By middle eastern standards it my be okay but by an old boy from Texas it a garbage can. We checked in. First thing I smelled when we entered the room was cigarette smoke and this was supposed to be a no-smoking room. Next was when you flushed the toilet it nearly ran over and the contents didn't go down. The bathroom looked like it was cleaned a couple of month ago. Tub was really dirty. Then my dog (now the internet said $15 pet fee and when I got there it was $25 which I argued down to $15) found something under the bed that I didn't know what it was and I didn't want to know what it was. The bed smelled like a sweaty body covered with a clean sheet. I went back to the office and complained about the room and was told I could move to another room. I didn't want another room it that place. Had the desk clerk been a man I would have busted his chops. I wound up paying $88.10 for a room that I was in for less than an hour. Here is another indicator of this place. There was a flyer in the room for a place call Old West Hushpuppy (or something like that). I put the address in my GPS and headed out. When we got there the address was for a new Citi Bank building. I asked around the neighborhood and was told that City Bank had been there about a year so the flyer had to be older than that. We went next door to La Quinta, got a nice room and when I told the story to the desk clerk there she gave me a big discount on a very clean, nice room.

Room Tip: Stay away from the place entirely.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Waukesha, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Broken furniture, dirty, stained-cracked sink, bed was like a board, 'hot breakfast' was a joke ... don't waste your time/money here !

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

went in 1 room and the rug was badly stained, bedspread looked like it was on and never washed in years, jacuzzi was scummy with built up scum, mold on tile in bathroom, cigarette burns all over rugs....they moved us to supposedly a better room and it was no better than the first. dirt marks on the fridge, scum and dust on & under the microwave, coffee pot had left over coffee marks in the filter where they never cleaned it. Same issues....stains all over and burns on the rug....burn inside the jacuzzi, vanity sink fixtures all loose. Both rooms had no smell of any cleaning products being used, smelled awful!

We checked in after 3 pm and left around 7 pm. We then drove the 8 hrs back to San Antonio.
Husband wrote this Rodeway Inn of our disgust and have yet to hear back from them, no apologies, nothing!

We suggest that if your decent people like us, you will never use this hotel.

Room Tip: no way to choose a good room, if the 2 we were assigned to were that bad, then we assume they all ar...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple