“Cheap - And Worth Even Less” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Host Northgate Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Texarkana
Budget Host Northgate Inn
Save Saved
You added Budget Host Northgate Inn to your Saves list
400 West 53rd St, Texarkana, TX 75503   |
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Texarkana
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Cheap - And Worth Even Less”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2006

$44 rate for Queen advertised on a billboard. I went for it and got what I paid for.

Very dated decor with odd furnishings in room. Bathroom floor decorated with hairs from previous guests. Sheets pretty worn out.

Your standard highway disappointment.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business

Couples
Solo
Ventura, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2005

Front desk staff was nice, but the room was not. I slept on top of the blankets and used my own pillow...

• Stayed June 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2003

Hi,

I recently stopped off for a night at this Best Western - we tend to stay in Best Westerns or Holiday Inns a lot when we visit the States.
We were travelling from Memphis to Fort Worth.

Everything was relatively OK - the room decor wasnt great, but we were given a rate of $55 per night, which wasn't too bad.

Big shock next morning - I mistakenly assumed that check out was 1pm (we were not told that it was 12 noon). The house-keeping knocked on the door at 12.10pm (as we were getting ready to get out) and told us that check-out was at noon. We hurriedly got ready and went to check out at 12.50pm - to be told that we were being charged for an extra night as we were late checking out!

No amount of discussion, pointing out that we hadnt been told that check-out was 12, suggesting that there was a mis-understanding was able to shake this lady - (who I think was trying to make a point and seemed very very very annoyed with me - much more annoyed than you should be with somebody who mistakenly assumed that ckeck-out was 1 hour later than it was!)

She accused us of dead-bolting the door (is security a dirty work?), of having the phone off the hook (I was on the Internet - which I had cleared with the pleasant lady when we had checked in the night before), and of ignoring the house-keeping people and of telling them that we would check out whenever we felt like it - which was simply not true! She would not budge on any of these issues and became quite beligerent.

Unfortunately, I could not wait for the hotel manager - Barbara - as she was off the site but when I asked if I could make a formal complaint I was given a pen and paper. I wrote a note for Barbara explaining the situation from my point of view and requesting a refund.
I do not know if this has been carried out yet as we have not finished our holiday yet.

All in all, a very unsavoury experience. The customer is definately not always right at this Best Western - the lady in question seemed to particularly aggreived with me and I definately got the impression that she was "punishing" me for checking out late.

She did not even respond to me when I said "Good Bye" while leaving.

I intend to write to the Motel if the refund has not been posted and will post whatever response I receive here.

Regards,

Kevin Branigan Ireland

Been to Budget Host Northgate Inn? Share your experiences!