“Very disappointed!” 2 of 5 stars

1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1924 Saint Michael Drive, Texarkana, TX 75503   |
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Texarkana
“Very disappointed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Our room had dry wall and nails all over the floors. We could hear everything the prople next to us, and we also found BED BUGS in our room!! We were very disappointed! The staff was very friendly tho!

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Kerrville, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Not recomended for any other than a contractor on a job. The computer shut down when we checked in took 30 minutes to find our reservation. Place was full of trancient construction workers who came and went all hours of the night. Went to get coffee from the lobby in the morning. Asked for a lid to take back to the room and was told " we aint got any.." real classy. However they are pet friendly. I guess thats why there are vinyl floors..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The overall hotel isnt bad they just have to get their act together on the rooms being available.I saw 2 people turned away being told ter was nio rooms but then he suddenly found one for another guest that came in to ask if had rooms.I WAS FIRST CHECKED INTO A ROOM THAT WAS NEVER CLEANED FROM GUESTS THE DAY BEFORE.hAD TO GO BACK DOWN AFTER DRIVING 14 HOURS WAIT TO SEE IF HE COULD EVEN FIND ME ANOTHER ROOM.He finally did.It wasnt the cleanest room,compared to some motel 6,but it worked.

Room Tip: Make a resrvation if you really want to guarantee a room here.Hope you dont get checked into a dirty...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

I walk into the room and it looks nice,then i look at the floor..and OMG!!!
Dirt, hairs,hairs and more hairs, more filthy couldn't been.
I uncovered the beds and OMG again, more hairs, nasty nasty gross. The bathroom pee around the toilet, dirty mirror, no shampoo, conditioner Kleenex or nothing.
Lady in front desk very nicely said i get it fix in 5-10min, waited 3hrs nothing, we went to east came back and still nothing.
The worst thing i had 4kids with me, i was and still am grossed out.

• Stayed July 2012
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

I stayed here one night when returning to Texas from a trip to Tennessee. With the current road construction I found it very confusing to get to this Motel 6.

The listing says this is a newly refurbished hotel which is true to a point. There are new floors, paint and the vanity is new. The TV barely picked up any channels and the room was not very clean at all. We also did not feel very safe as there were some questionable people hanging around outside the motel. We walked next door to what I would say was the worst Applebee's restaurant and some guy in his pickup almost ran us over in the parking lot.

During the night we kept hearing doors slamming in the room behind us. At one point during the night there was a large jolt which awoke me from a deep sleep. I was not sure what was going on in that room but the next morning there were police there and others had complained too.

I didn't really complain but mentioned to the manager upon check-out that there was a lot of noise from that room. She refunded my money which was very nice, however I don't blame the motel for the actions of other people. Still it was very nice that she offered as a refund was not expected.

If the rooms were cleaner and the area a little safer I would consider staying here again, but honestly I cannot recommend this motel. Again, I would have to say both the night clerk and manager were very nice. If the cleanliness can be addressed, it would make a big difference.

Room Tip: try to get a room closer to the lobby instead of the bag, it might be quieter up front. The rates ar...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Afton, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

with const. it is hard to get to but once settled in a great peaceful sleep , great service all the way around

Room Tip: i always enjoy the no smoking rooms
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Killeen, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

This was the worst experience at a hotel I have ever had. I should have listened to the reviews. You can't even get to the place without having to drive around for 20 minutes. There is so much construction everywhere its next to impossible. We found it by chance. The only reason we ever considered it is because they allow pets with no fee. Most hotels dont even allow pets let alone no fees, so I guess that is the ONLY positive thing. Even with that my dog was so scared of the blaring music from the room next to us. The rooms are tiny as is and there are doors that connect the rooms????!!!!!???!!!! Upon entering our room you can notice the strong smell of cigarettes, even this was supposed to be non smoking- there was an ashtray in the room. There are no carpets, which may not have been a bad thing but the cheap plastic floors were so disgusting we didn't even take our shoes off. The bathroom smelled like urine and the toilet was dirty. The shower looked ok but we weren't about to venture in those territories. My husband went out to complain about the room and he noticed someone circling our truck. There was also some less that trustworthy characters "hangin" around the walkways. My 5 year old found a spider the size of a chipmunk and the dog was trying to catch 2 flies flying around. The worst thing of all was a clear crawly thing on the pillow. That was it, we packed up so fast and didnt even spend the night it was that bad. When we asked for our money back they didnt even question it. So gross... we will never do that again!

Room Tip: Go anywhere else but here!!!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Knights Inn Texarkana? Share your experiences!