“Thank you Lenny, Lorenzo, Amelia....” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Texarkana
Elkton, Maryland
“Thank you Lenny, Lorenzo, Amelia....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I am a business traveler who has travelled every week from Philadelphia to Texarkana on business to the Red River Army Depot. I have stayed at the Town Place every week for 3 yrs. Will stay there until my contract ends. Would not even consider another hotel. I am treated like FAMILY. I quite simply love the staff (most of whom I know on a first name basis). My room is clean and quite. My accommodations are excellent. The pool is the best of any hotel. They have security 24/7. Great pillows on a better bed. If you go, say hi do these folks:
Lenny: Marriott mandates getting breakfast ready by 7 am. Most folks staying her like me have to be in work by then. She comes in early to make sure I have my juice, milk, eggs, cereal, waffles etc ready for me when I come downstairs at 5:45 am. Go to any other hotel and you will be starving.
Amelia /Lorenso: When I arrive, I get a welcome gift of goodies and something is always in my room. Since I have been with them for 3 yrs, I am always upgraded, yet if I am not, the accommodations on the standard studio are outstanding.
MS Vivian: Early morning front desk: She does a weekly inventory of my watches, rings, luggage, umbrellas, cell chargers, even pants to make sure I don’t leave anything in the room (which I do). She sends me home to Philly with a Blessing each wk. I love her.
Cleaning staff: Outstanding. I love Doris. I tip them every day. Clean sheets, clean bathroom, clean everything.
Bottom Line: I am a business traveler. I have been assigned to Texarkana for the last 3 yrs. I have stayed at the Town Place Suites. My Colleagues stay at competing hotels. I won’t change. Will be there until rolloff.
Robert M Jaisinski. Sr Consultant : Computer Sciences Corporation

Room Tip: Any room from studio to 2 room suite has a full kitchen and great bath facility. You can't go wr...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
TownePlaceTexarkana, Manager at TownePlace Suites Texarkana, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review! We really appreciate you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
South Pasadena, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

You can walk to restaurants ( much better than navigating feeder roads). The front desk staff is friendly as is the woman at breakfast (almost to friendly for non morning people!) - but housekeeping is the deal breaker here for me. Once I took a wash cloth & Palmolive to all the fingerprints, makeup smears on all the doors/door frames and rewiped the furniture down I settled in. First impressions were not good. They must be having issues since there were trash bags in hallway overnight too. Hopefully they resolve this. I appreciated the makeup wipes so I don't mess up towels. They appear to have shuttle service to the airport.

Room Tip: Even though the hotel sits back from the road behind Red Lobster I could still hear trucks running a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I wanted to say that I really appreciate your feedback and we will definitely use the things you talked about as training tools moving forward. Thanks for taking the time to let us know and I would love to offer you a free upgrade the next time you come to Texarkana.
Texarkana, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I would like to warn others about the filth of this particular Marriot in Texarkana. We booked our reservation online and from the pictures we thought it would be a very nice place. We are relocating to the area and needed a 30 day stay. The minute I walked in I was disgusted with the smell and the atmosphere! Our room looked horrible! The kitchen was dirty, the walls were very dirty as well. I couldn't sleep for the 2 nights we had to endure this place while looking for another long term stay place. The people that were staying there looked very "shady" to me...I was actually concerned for our safety. The price was outrageous for a 2 bedroom room. We ended up paying $248 for only 2 nights!!!! We finally left and found a much better hotel..safe and very clean! Don't get me wrong we love Texarkana, but this hotel was my worse experience by far of any hotel I have stayed in the past. I wish someone had written a review to help us before booking our trip. Be warned!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TownePlaceTexarkana, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Texarkana, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
After days of investigating this, we cannot find a reservation that was changed from 30 nights to two nights, and your rate doesn't match a thirty night stay either. Could you please contact me at the property, as we do not have any record of the situation that you are reporting online. I did find another review for a competitor for the same date, so I am confused about stay dates that you reported as well. The review said that you also stayed at that property, although reported with same stay dates. The issues are not typical at all of our property, as you can see by previous guest reviews. We have a very seasoned staff, and we are known for celebrating our arrivals and making sure their stays are better than they expected. Every negative report is taken seriously, and immediately corrected and fully documented to be used as a training tool. Look forward to hearing details from you as soon as possible.
Hermitage, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We booked a room with a king size bed. The location and the room was very clean and quiet. Our moderately priced suite had a full size refrigerator and a two burner counter top stove. It was well equipped with the basic essentials to enjoy an extended stay. If you do not want to cook, there is a Red Lobster restaurant right next door to the hotel. The location of the hotel is kind of difficult to get to but once you arrive the front desk staff is very helpful at helping you enjoy your stay. They also provide a free light breakfast with plenty of healthy choices.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I hope you will try us again so we have the opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Fort Worth, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Excellent room - good-sized and clean. Very cordial, helpful staff. Enjoyed having the kitchenette and loved the unique layout of the room. Second time I've stayed in this hotel and would definitely book it again. Enjoyed the breakfast provided. Restaurants are close by - including a Red Lobster that's just across the hotel parking lot. There are also lots of good options for shopping close by. Very conveniently located with easy access to the freeway.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you! We love to hear the nice reviews from our guests. You are why we are here! Please come back the next time you are in town.
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our stay was very relaxing! The room was very clean and well put together. The front desk receptionist was very accommodating and professional. We were only there for two nights visiting family in Doddridge, AR about 25 miles away. I was very excited to head back to our room and get out of the heat I was in all day! A big nice King Size bed, very comfortable. We got a good weekend rate as well! There were absolutely no problems during our stay. The area was nice, a good variety of restaurants and a shopping mall right across the Interstate 30. When I return to visit family again, I will be staying here! ♥

Room Tip: We chose the opposite side of the pool. When we checked in we were given a room on the 2nd floor, sa...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Conveniently located on the North side of I-30, about 15-20 minutes drive heading west from Texarkana Regional Airport, Arkansas. Although GPS (both mine and friend) misled us to hotel on the South side of I-30 freeway. There is also a Marriott Courtyard there, so not sure if that was programming error.

The freeway interchanges, exits/entrances take a little bit getting used to. Different than the normal freeways I found in the US. St. Michael Way outside hotel is one way (heading West) and so is Mall Road (heading East) on the other side of I-30. So leaving and coming to hotel again takes a little practice, otherwise one would be looping around a few times.

There are plenty of shopping, eating, markets, even theatre all within few minutes to 15 minutes drive, and also many hotel options around, very convenient. There are plenty of wooded areas in the vicinity so have a country, relaxed feel.

Marriott standards in here. Free breakfast buffet (a little more choice on weekends but opening time is later than weekdays). There is also outside patio area for breakfast, smoke break or just simple relaxation. An outdoor pool on the back with a gas BBQ grill made the stay enjoyable. Free wi-fi (though I got connection problems a few times) as well as 2 computers on the ground floor office, ice machine, elevators, and free parking are all available. A small laundromat with washer/dryers close to the front desk--and free laundry detergent if asked. You only have to provide your own quarters for the machines.

Room is fairly spacious with a small kitchenette (fridge, microwave, electric stove tops,pots and pans, dishes, silverwares, sink). Closet is a little weird--there are doors opening into the closet from inside the bathroom as well as from the living room side (same closet).

On this visit, hotel was fully booked so maid service was a little slow. Room not cleaned up until late afternoon.

Room Tip: Perhaps choosing top floor would avoid hearing kids running around above you.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Texarkana? Share your experiences!