“too pricey” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Texarkana
Brownsville, Texas
“too pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

While I would rate the hotel overall as average, I think the price was not worth it. I too feel the room was dated and the blankets were not the best. The room had the a/c off when we arrived and it was very warm and musty. After a long day of driving I was a bit disappointed. How can I be sure I was given the correct room rate?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
comfortsuitestxk, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete online survey regarding your recent stay at Comfort Suites.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Texarkana.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Saggy mattress, outdated furnishings, deteriorating condition overall. They try to charge you for an in room safe that is not part of room rate. . I told them I had no intention of paying for that and charge was removed. The bath towels were worn out. We couldn't wait to get out.

• Stayed June 2013
comfortsuitestxk, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 1, 2013

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding Overall room condition as you explained on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with Housekeeping department to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future. But I am not sure if you are talking about this hotel or some other hotel as we have new furniture and bedding this year.

Kind Regards,

Magnolia, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Spent 3 nights here in May for the Talimena Run Rally!! Was very happy with the size and cleanliness of the rooms. I had a bottom floor room near the front desk and noise was never an issue.!! I would highly recommend this as a place to stay and I will stay here again when in town!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
comfortsuitestxk, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Lambo,

2094999579
Taylor, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Very beautiful rooms but I'm a person that looks forward to a cold hotel room. Not possible here if u get a double bed one of the beds is directly in front of the AC so there is no way it can breathe and cool the room. I have it set on 60 and I'm sitting here sweating cause it kicks off after like 2 minutes.

• Stayed May 2013
comfortsuitestxk, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Comfort Suites.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding AC on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with management to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Kind Regards,

Derby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I went to this brand new hotel after a bruising encounter with the clerk on reception at the Best Western+ which is just next door. I am grateful he was so unhelpful the management and staff at the Comfort Suites were excellent friendly and helpful.

The whole hotel experience there was first class from facilities to price.

All four of us agreed it was the best hotel we stayed in this trip

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Flushing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were driving through. The location is good. The hotel was nice, clean and comfortable. It is walking distance from several places to eat. That was nice after driving all day. Our only problem is that our in car navigation was out of date. So, we had to drive around the block to get to the hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
comfortsuitestxk, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Mr.Carl,

2094999579
Hobbs, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful to me with my 3 small children.

Carino's restaurant is in same parking lot and actually delivers to the room for a small delivery fee. That was so nice, and only took 30 minutes, BUT they forgot any forks... the staff was nice enough to bring me plastic forks, spoons, and knives from their kitchen setup.

When I called the desk at 3 am about upstairs neighbors stomping around for over an hour, they must have called the room, because it stopped a little while later.

Then when I left a couple personal items in the room, they mailed them to my home.

The breakfast items were of lower quality for this type. It might just have been the timing of getting there when everything was running lower and probably had been out for a while. My kids donuts were even a bit tough. The "omlets" in the warmer were tough around the edges, and the filling just didn't smell good. The biscuits were a little tough, but good enough when doused with gravy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
comfortsuitestxk, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for taking your valuable time to write review. We try our best to provide excellent customer service and are so fortunate to have guests such as you that confirm this. Thank you for your honest review and hope to see you again soon.

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!