“Wilderness lover searches for treasure at Diamond Crater National Park, AR” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Texarkana
Grapevine, Texas
“Wilderness lover searches for treasure at Diamond Crater National Park, AR”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

When I decide to go diamond hunting, I stay at the Comfort Suites in Texarkana, Arkansas. The rooms are all suites, they are very clean, and the breakfast had lots of variety. It has an indoor pool, which I always use. It sits behind a Cracker Barrel and a Mexican food chain, so you can walk across the parking lot and have a real breakfast , lunch or dinner. Other very nice business hotels and restaurants are very close. It is right off the highway and there was lots of construction, but it was easy to navigate.
The Crater of Diamonds State Park is only about 45 minutes from there. It is open all year round for about $8-9 per person. There is also a very nice pool at the entrance, but it is closed for the winter. It is appx 27 miles to the exit at Hope, Arkansas, and then about 25 minutes winding through Washington County, the oldest county in Arkansas, dated at 1836. The original buildings are still being used to this day. I am planning a trip now.

Room Tip: Join their Choice Hotels and enjoy better rooms and views.
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
comfortsuitestxk, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Wilderness Lover,

We were so glad to hear that you choose to stay with Comfort Suites Texarkana during your diamond hunting visits and that we continue to offer a comfortable stay for you. Crater of Diamonds is a wonderful experience and we always recommend it to our guests when they are seeking an adventure. We hope to see you again and good luck with the diamond search!

Jennifer Newman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
wilmar, ar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

My two young children, my husband, and I were passing through Texarkana and did not know where to stop and rent a room at. We came to the Comfort Suites and the area looked nice and safe, so we rented a room. We felt comfortable here and the front desk clerk was very welcoming. The rooms are spacious and the beds were not worn out. My husband and kids loved the breakfast they served and ate their fill. The room price wasn't too expensive but well worth the cost of safety and comfort while on our long journey across the state. We will definitely stay again on our return trip.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to leave such a kind note. We understand how busy life gets and appreciate that you could take a few minutes to tell everyone about your time with us at Comfort Suites Texarkana. Please take care and we hope to see you again soon.

SWANSBORO NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

What a relief to find ourselves at this hotel: affordable, clean, child-friendly, great location! My husband and I, and our one-year-old son, had a great time during our stay here. Easy check-in. Our room was spacious and comfortable, for both of us and the baby. Also very CLEAN--no worries about our baby crawling and cruising around. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff made us feel very welcome. We loved the indoor pool! And best free breakfast we've seen anywhere! Would definitely stay here again, and would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear Ms. Sullivan,

It was so nice to have you and your family stay with us. We enjoyed our visit with your family just as much as you did with ours. Being a mother myself I understand the importance of a clean, safe hotel and always work towards providing that for all of our guests. We hope to see you and yours again and thank you for the nice feedback.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

My stay at this Hotel was very pleasant and I would reccommend it to my friends and family if they needed a plce to stay if ever traveling this direction. It is a very well kept establishment the staff was pleasant and they seem to enjoy and have extensive knowledge their job. the breakfast area was pleasant and inviting.

Room Tip: Non Smoking environment
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Corpus Christi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

We stayed at this hotel after driving for about 12 hours.Upon entering,was given a price by the mid-eastern-looking owner/manager of over $100.After I told him that was ridiculous for a 'platinum" member,he lowered it to $90.As soon as we got to the room,I found that the pull handle to turn the shower on was missing.We ate at the Cracker Barrel next door
and returned to the room,getting to sleep about 11 pm.At 6 am,the hallway fire alarm began to sound-it came on repeatedly for the next 2 hours.I called the desk and was told
it was the "waffle machine"causing the alarm.Regardless,no one seemed to care.
The breakfast room ladt had a surly"I don't care" attitude.The owner wandered the lobby in his Arab leather sandals.Needless to say,his gnarly-looking feet were not very appetizing to look at for breakfast.When I checked out,I told him about our problems.His attitude was"That's your problem".Needless to say,as a "Platinum member"of Choice Hotels(having stayed 25 nights in June/July of 2011 alone),I am completely disillusioned with their lack of service or concern.Today(Sunday August 7th),I have been on hold for almost 30 minutes for a "customer relations representative"with no answer.Not only do they not give a d@mn about their "platinum"members,they keep you on hold forever to India and never answer.Their customer service has always been from dismal to non-existent.

nee

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
comfortsuitestxk, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Dear Guest,

We offer the best rates to all of our guests but also have a range of discounts for individuals. We always strive to meet or exceed Choice standards but apologize if you feel we did not meet your needs and hope that you will continue to patron Choice Hotels in the future. We have recently underwent new management and are making steps to improve our service to our guests.

Comfort Suites Texarkana, TX
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Made our reservation on the Choice Hotel site as we arrived in Texarkana. I normally check TripAdvisor prior to reserving, but didn't this time. When I did check, I was very concerned about our stay but I was past the cancelations period. When we arrived the hotel I told the desk clerk that their reviews were not good. I asked to see the room prior to checking. The room was adequate, barely. Although we stayed there, I would suggest that travelers stay elsewhere. The carpet was filthy.....wore my shoes at all times. The bathroom didn't appear clean. Stay somewhere else

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

nice room, good rate, The hair dryer didn't work in 102 and I asked the front desk for spare . None! She appologized but offered no solution as I stood with wet hair. At my request, she let me go to an empty room on 3rd floor to dry my Hair. When checking in, we were twice given keys to rooms that were already occupied.

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!