“We would return.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Texarkana
Austin, TX
“We would return.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

Hard to find due to current construction. However, rooms were large, comfortable and pretty quiet.

Help was very friendly and helpful, front desk, breakfast room and cleaning ladies..

We thought it was a little expensive for this chain but may be due to the demand in this area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

My room was on the 3rd floor which was not a problem. When I went to fill my ice bucket, the ice machine on the 3rd floor was gone so I went down to the 2nd floor. The ice machine on the 2nd floor was not working. I went to 1st floor and told the desk clerk, she told me that the machine on the 2nd floor was going thru a "cleaning cycle". I got my ice at the 1st floor machine. Next day the 2nd floor machine still not working. They advertise "guests can munch on popcorn & cookies in the evenings, provided by this hotel". There were no cookies or popcorn and I was told they were "out of cookie dough". The fitness center had 3 of the machines broken. I feel like this hotel had too many things not working and was overpriced. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
San antonio tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

the whole time i stayed there the room was not vacuumed. even after i asked them to vacuum it, i had to ask for it my self and do it. On top of that the milk for breakfast was sour not once no no not twice but yes three times. the AC had so much mold in it that after the 2nd day i was sick and asked them to please remove and clean it and they did but only took 2 days. Stay in your car before you stay here!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010 via mobile

We got a great rate for a suite with my AAA. When we arrived, I was offered a free upgrade to a larger suite. Clean room with plenty of room for my family. Breakfast was great the next morning. I have read bad reviews but I did not notice any of the issues mentioned by the other reviewers. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010
OKC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

This hotel wasn't awful. I have stayed at bad hotels before but this one still isn't great. For the money and the location you could stay somewhere newer and nicer. My biggest problem was how dirty the carpet felt. I fould myself trying to keep my shoes on the whole time.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

We stayed at 3 Comfort Suites this week. This was undoubtedy the worst!

The pool had no heater and the surrounding pool area was dirty as was much of the hotel.

Our toilet clogged upon first flush (and my teen had only gone #1) so it was pre existing issue, when we asked for someone to attend to the issue they said they would "Get there when they could" and finally arrived with a used gross plunger ! (Housekeeping anyone?) I shudder to think of the war stories behind the device..anyway a swe were a late check in..it occured to us around 10:30pm that we needed sheets for the 3 rd child to sleep on the sofa..we went down to get sheets as none were in the closet and were told they were locked up and unavailable until morning ..huh? At this point my husband is tired and ready to pop an eye at their laisse faire attitude towards supplying the basics. He asks to speak to the manager and is told no one is avaialable, calls 800 number and gets no response and after midnight our sheets arrive. Pathetic.

On a positive note, the young hot guy at the desk tried to be cordial even though his supervisor was a tool. Stay away from this place unless you are stopping in strictly to view the eye candy at the desk...the hotel is a dive and not representative of Texas. Find a local owned and operated place.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

My 15 year old daughter and I stayed at this hotel overnight on 1/1/10. We were on our home stretch from our TN vacation, headed back to College Station.

I had always really enjoyed my stays at Comfort Inn & Suites, but I may not stay at another one after this one. Let me follow that statement with one that I am not a travel snob. I'm a single mom who likes to travel and must do so on a budget. I usually use Priceline, but as I had read that we may encounter icy roads on our way home that day, I'd left our accommodations for that evening up in the air.

Upon check in around 10:30pm, we were greeted cheerfully and given a decent arrival rate of $85. Not a bad deal for a clean hotel and a free breakfast.

Our room had 2 queen beds and was really roomy. Everything smelled clean and looked nice. Even though it was really cold outside, it was a bit stuffy in the room, so I turned on the fan in the unit. A few minutes after getting into the bed, I started feeling itchy all over, like something was biting me-not allergic reaction itchy- and determined it was in fact the bed/sheets. I'm guessing that's what bed bugs biting you feel like. I was too tired to move to another room and figured the couch and my daughter's bed had much of the same. I was exhausted, so I just crashed. The next morning, there were black particles all over the foot of my bed, which was directly in front of the window unit. Ick.

The breakfast was decent, though not great for one of these hotels. I probably won't stay at another one again.

Final note: be careful when using your GPS system around the hotel. There's massive construction and we must have driven around in a full circle at least twice before going against the GPS and taking a guess on which highway we should be on.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!