“Outstanding Service for Large Family” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Texarkana
Joshua Tree, California
“Outstanding Service for Large Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

My family and I came in for a visit with family. We had a total of 3 kids with us and 2 more that visited and went swimming. So a total of 5 kids under the age of 9. Any family would know that is total chaos with that many kids, but the staff at The Country Inn & Suites were amazing from all sides. Their front desk staff, the housekeeping staff and everyone else were all helpful and as nice as possible. The full breakfast in the morning was great and this altogether gave us a great stay and made a large family feel welcome.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We've stayed many times at this conveniently located and comfortable CI&S hotel. Matt did his usual excellent job of checking us in and providing a great room. Thanks, Matt.

Comfortable king bed in a separate room is a big plus, as I usually arise earlier than my mate. All other features of the rooms are very well done - couch, frig, microwave, work desk, TV. Internet access is easy and solid.

Breakfast is a nice affair, a step above the usual free breakfast at competitors.

We will be back!

Room Tip: All room locations are good, as the hotel is located far enough from the freeway to avoid noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sugar Land, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I don't travel a great deal and try to be budget conscious when I do.The purpose of the visit was to visit family on the holiday..who didn't have room. I noticed no noise from the I-30/I-69 interchange nearby or any other room.I was in room 426 and it was clean and the beds super comfortable and i like a firm bed. This is my first time in this chain and it was a good impression all around.The hotel was busy with the holiday trade and the steward kept the breakfast well stocked.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
gulf coast, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Our room was very clean. I am crazy detail oriented and would have noticed hair in the drain or on the pillows - there was none. We walked around barefoot and our feet stayed clean, indicating clean flooring. (We've been in hotels that looked clean enough but feet turned black - no dirt here.) I don't know if there was one housekeeper who wasn't up to standard for the other recent reviews or what. Room 323 was just great. Room was well lit, well organized, comfortable and clean. Beds were very comfy - supportive and cushy with duvet over sheets for a snuggly feel. Towels seemed standard. We could hear the highway when we listened for it, but it didn't intrude at all. We could see part of I-30 but we were not facing the I-30/I-69 interchange.
This was a very quick, last minute, can't drive any further, stay for us so we did not use the pool, whirlpool, WiFi, microwave, fridge, or clock. The pool and whirlpool looked clean and clear FWIW.
So why the 4 rather than 5. Two reasons: breakfast was very good but not a 5 and bathtub had a chip out of the enamel - about 1.5 by 2 inches on the bottom where some would stand for a shower. The breakfast was good - they had fruit salad without syrup, yeah. They also had make your own waffles, cereals, coffee, juices, lemonade, milk, yogurt, hot chocolate, oatmeal, pastries and breads, fresh fruit and hot items. (Probably a few items I missed as well) The area was clean and well stocked with a friendly but not hovering host. The breads did not look "today fresh." The bread I had was not stale, but was drier than toast but not toasted - I did not see a toaster. There was a small buffet unit with three compartments for hot items. The morning we were there the compartments held scrambled eggs, bacon, and gravy for the biscuits that were in a bowl nearby. A slight ding is that the eggs were not yummy - tasted like egg powder with milk and margarine added for flavor. I prefer eggs to taste like eggs. The biscuits and gravy were a hit with my son and the bacon was also good - not greasy!
Maybe others would give it a 5 for all the things done very well, but it wasn't "practically perfect" so I give it a 4.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Checked into room 203 around midnight after driving 1100 miles from southern Arizona, moving to Alabama. I always like to choose Country Inns because they're always clean - this one, however, was not. On the surface, everything looks great and beautiful - however, my room was disgusting. It was covered in someone elses hair. Long, short, straight or curly, you name it and it was in there. There was hair on the bathroom floor, sinks, shower floor, even the faucet. I pulled back my bedspread and there was hair in my bed as well. The only thing that didn't have hair was my pillows. Someone else's toothpaste spit was on my sink, and there was even a piece of trash in the shower stall. It's obvious that whoever cleaned this room did a horrible job. If I hadn't just checked in from such a long drive, I would've checked out immediately and found another hotel.

Before going to breakfast, I thought that my room was probably an isolated issue and that the rest of the hotel would be fine. WRONG. The floor in the breakfast area was sticky and my bowl AND fork had smashed dried food on them. There's just a lack of cleanliness here, and it wasn't isolated to the bedroom or the bathroom. Upon checking out, no one asked how my stay was, so apparently it's not important to them either.

Very disappointing for this chain that usually hits home runs. I'm not picky at all - I just want a clean room. You couldn't pay me to stay here again.

Room Tip: For the best room, keep driving to the next exit.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Viren P, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Texarkana, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Matt Carson, Front Office Manager.
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Hotel was clean overall, but the walls are paper thin. You can hear all of the traffic on I-30 and the guy's tv next door. Also, it's a smoke-free hotel but someone smoked in our room - it smelled so strongly of air and carpet freshener we almost asked for another room but were in hurry.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Viren P, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Texarkana, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Little Elm, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed one night last week on a stop over and found the hotel to be very nice and clean. The room was spacious and the bathroom was very modern. The complimentary full breakfast was good even though it did not include eggs and bacon/sausage. The biscuits and gravy were very good. The only complaint was that the a/c in our room was very loud and it vibrated when running. It kept the room cool and comfortable but it definitely needed some sound masking or repair to reduce the noise. Other than that, it was a pleasant stay and the hotel was much nicer than I expected.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites Texarkana? Share your experiences!