Our room was very clean. I am crazy detail oriented and would have noticed hair in the drain or on the pillows - there was none. We walked around barefoot and our feet stayed clean, indicating clean flooring. (We've been in hotels that looked clean enough but feet turned black - no dirt here.) I don't know if there was one housekeeper who wasn't up to standard for the other recent reviews or what. Room 323 was just great. Room was well lit, well organized, comfortable and clean. Beds were very comfy - supportive and cushy with duvet over sheets for a snuggly feel. Towels seemed standard. We could hear the highway when we listened for it, but it didn't intrude at all. We could see part of I-30 but we were not facing the I-30/I-69 interchange.
This was a very quick, last minute, can't drive any further, stay for us so we did not use the pool, whirlpool, WiFi, microwave, fridge, or clock. The pool and whirlpool looked clean and clear FWIW.
So why the 4 rather than 5. Two reasons: breakfast was very good but not a 5 and bathtub had a chip out of the enamel - about 1.5 by 2 inches on the bottom where some would stand for a shower. The breakfast was good - they had fruit salad without syrup, yeah. They also had make your own waffles, cereals, coffee, juices, lemonade, milk, yogurt, hot chocolate, oatmeal, pastries and breads, fresh fruit and hot items. (Probably a few items I missed as well) The area was clean and well stocked with a friendly but not hovering host. The breads did not look "today fresh." The bread I had was not stale, but was drier than toast but not toasted - I did not see a toaster. There was a small buffet unit with three compartments for hot items. The morning we were there the compartments held scrambled eggs, bacon, and gravy for the biscuits that were in a bowl nearby. A slight ding is that the eggs were not yummy - tasted like egg powder with milk and margarine added for flavor. I prefer eggs to taste like eggs. The biscuits and gravy were a hit with my son and the bacon was also good - not greasy!
Maybe others would give it a 5 for all the things done very well, but it wasn't "practically perfect" so I give it a 4.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the All New Country Inn & Suites Texarkana Hotel. The newly opened Country Inn & Suites hotel in Texarkana, Texas is proud to offer top-quality accommodations and excellent service at affordable prices. This hotel features welcoming, home-like accents including hardwood floors, a lobby fireplace and an on-site lending library. Additional amenities include a heated indoor pool, spa, Fitness Center and Business Center. Our hotel is located just six miles from Texarkana Municipal Airport and just five miles from popular attractions like the historic Perot Theatre, Discovery Place and Tex-Ark Antique Auto Museum. Book one of our Texarkana hotel's new guest rooms and you will experience warm, welcoming decor and amenities that make you feel at home. Guest rooms are equipped with free high-speed Internet, HD TV with HD cable channels, microwave, refrigerator, hair dryer, coffee maker and a complimentary weekday newspaper. Suites are also available. Stay at the Country Inn & Suites and see what sets us apart from other Texarkana, TX hotels. Our comfortable and friendly hotel is located just off I-30 and near Cooper Tire, International Paper, John Turk Power plant in Fulton, AR, Christus St. Michael Hospital, Domtar, Red River Army Depot and Texas A&M University. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Country Inn & Suites Texarkana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Texarkana
- Country Inn & Suites Texarkana Hotel Texarkana