“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Texarkana
Little Elm, Texas
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed one night last week on a stop over and found the hotel to be very nice and clean. The room was spacious and the bathroom was very modern. The complimentary full breakfast was good even though it did not include eggs and bacon/sausage. The biscuits and gravy were very good. The only complaint was that the a/c in our room was very loud and it vibrated when running. It kept the room cool and comfortable but it definitely needed some sound masking or repair to reduce the noise. Other than that, it was a pleasant stay and the hotel was much nicer than I expected.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I am astonished at how classy this hotel is. They use real china for breakfast. Stephanie (I think was her name)checked on us constantly and kept the food coming out hot. At check inn, Matt gave us great directions for food houses and shopping along with a business card with the hotel information and asked me to review the hotel. Well here it is! I grew up here years ago and my how it's changed. It has gone from a small two lane highway to a metroplex in the time I have been gone. Anyway, the hotel is away from the city traffic and noise and very very quiet. Tabitha at checkout talked with me for a while. She always had a smile and a motherly personality. I was traveling with my husband who just had his third hip surgery. The hotel was very helpful in finding me a ground floor wheelchair accessible room and it was clean and spacious. Had a microwave and fridge for his insulin. I can't say enough good things. I travel this way and sometimes bring my dog Nibbles. Fortunately this time she was with her sitter. It's a pet free hotel which is good for most. This will be my stopping point for the next few months and it will be a pleasure to meet with my new country friends again. Thanks for going the extra mile.

Xoxo
Mary

• Stayed August 2013
Stuttgart, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My family only stayed one night at the Country Inn & Suites in Texarkana but would stay again. From the time I called to check on my reservation to the time we pulled up to the hotel the staff was on point with my information and was ready to welcome us after a long drive to their facility. It was good southern hospitality that I like to see and caring nature even though they do not know us. I was greeted from the time we made it to the time we awoke for breakfast....and I really liked the noon check out time and full breakfast. Great new rooms and no smoke smells.....there was a small stain on the carpet, but other than that it was worth the money and I will look to this facility the next time we visit the Texarakana area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Viren P, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Texarkana, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel! It's always refreshing to hear any guest experiences. We take your comments seriously and strive to provide the best service possible to make you feel as if this is your 2nd home! We are excited and hopeful to see you again in the future, and one again, thanks for choosing Country Inns & Suites of Texarkana!

Matt Carson
Front Office Manager
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I would say that for a 1-night stay, this hotel was just what we needed. A perk is how new everything still is. We also enjoyed the comfortable beds & rooms. Another plus is the security cameras looking over the parking lot. I hope they keep this hotel in great condition... With it being brand-new right now (July 2013), you never know how things will take a turn in the future. Luckily this room was booked in advance, because it seems that the hotel became PACKED that night (on a Friday). We also had some loud neighbors across the hall, which I suppose is unavoidable no matter where you stay. It just seemed that the walls were not well insulated from noise. (Side note: if you are looking for the mini-fridge, it's built into the dresser). Overall, it was a nice hotel stay. Biggest complaint would be that there was a long line for fresh waffles in the morning. The eggs & sausage were fresh, but the oatmeal was cold & watery. Wasn't too thrilled with the breakfast. With that kind of occupancy, they probably need 2 more waffle makers!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I am very happy that overall you had a nice stay with us. It is true, on that Friday night we were very much booked! However, we do have staff on duty 24 hours a day that can assist in any situation regarding noise or any other concerns. We aim to please our customers 100%, and thanks to reviews such as yours, we can use them as a template to furthur improve any issues you encounter! If we can be of any more assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact us at anytime! Thanks again for choosing Country Inn & Suites of Texarkana! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Matt Carson
Front Office Manager
Abilene, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very friendly and well trained service. Location is near several decent restaurants, but not walking distance to any of them. Be careful what you say in your bathroom, the next room is connected by a vent and they can hear every word. Large ring of painted over mildew on the ceiling. Breakfast looks good, but the eggs were empty when I got there and were not re-filled for 5-10 minutes (I had cereal). The fruit was not good. Needed to send my boss a quick email before leaving, but the internet was not working. We could hear the folks above us walking around. This was not a disaster, just a three dot "average" kind of stay, and appropriate for the price. We still might stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor to avoid noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Viren P, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Texarkana, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us about your stay. After reviewing your comments and pictures, we have taken the liberty of a complete overhaul. Our carpets have been professionally cleaned , our staff has been updated and revamped, and we want to make sure this doesn't happen to any of our guests. We would love to speak with you regarding your stay. Please contact Matt Carson who is the front office manager.
Ashdown Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had only 3 days to plan my daughters wedding. It was a little chaotic to say the least. I wanted them to have a nice honey along with everything else I had planned. But couldn't figure out how I could get the room decorated and decorate for the reception. All my friends were helping to decorate for the wedding. I called Country Inn and Suites in Texarkana. I had stayed there once before on a mommies night out (5kids at home) and Tabetha answered the phone. She was very professional and cheerful. I told her my dilema and she came to the rescue. She told me about the romance package that she puts together for couples and it was PERFECT. She even came in on her day off to set it up. My daughter and her new husband LOVED IT. THANK YOU TABETHA! YOU ARE AMAZING!!!! I recommend you hotel to EVERYONE I know. Thanks you so much for making this moms load alot lighter knowing you were taking care of the honeymoon. God bless

Room Tip: Just tell them what your looking for and need. The staff is extremely helpful. They are wonderful.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I needed a room that three women could share comfortably. I read the reviews on tripadvisor and selected Country Inn and Suites because they had a room with 2 queen beds and a sofa sleeper were ranked #4 in Texarkana.

We checked in Friday night, July 26th. The lady working the front desk was very nice and efficient. The disappointment started when we went to our room, number 414. Although Country Inn and Suites is a non-smoking hotel, there was a dark cigarette burn and hole in the carpet directly in front of the sofa-sleeper in the living area, and the room smelled of smoke. I went back downstairs to report the burn to the desk clerk. She made note that my party had not burned the carpet and gave me some Febreze to use to spray the room. I was appreciative.

After going back to the room, I noticed other things. There were 2 areas in the carpet on which someone spilled an orange substance. The spots were still bright orange. In my opinion, this meant nobody had tried to remove them. In the bedroom, an area of the carpet had a large circular dirty gray spot which I believe could have been removed easily by cleaning the carpet.

Finding these things made more more aware of dirt. The carpet in the entryway was also much darker than the rest of the carpet because it was dirty. Finally, when I climbed into bed, I noticed there were oriental snack crackers between my bed and the nightstand. Needless to say, I did not sleep well. Since there was so much visible dirt, I wondered what was there that I could not see.

The next morning as I was going downstairs for breakfast. I realized the carpet in the hallway had spots and needed to be cleaned. During the elevator ride, the door opened on each floor so I could see the carpet in each hallway could use cleaning.

I reported the room condition and showed pictures of the dirty areas to "R" at the front desk. She made note of my descriptions. She later asked me if my groups' things were out of the room so that she could send someone upstairs to clean it. Hopefully, the next guests had a clean room because of what I pointed out.

I was disappointed with the condition of the hotel room and embarrassed too because I was the one who recommended it to my friends.

Charlene

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Viren P, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Texarkana, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Matt Carson.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Texarkana? Share your experiences!