“Only stayed for 11 mins.” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Texarkana
Budget Inn Texarkana
Save Saved
You added Budget Inn Texarkana to your Saves list
4501 South Lake Drive, Texarkana, TX 75501   |
Ranked #13 of 21 hotels in Texarkana
Austin, Texas
“Only stayed for 11 mins.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

Terrible, just went to look at rooms, smelled cashier tried to take our money wanted $150 a night for a motel in the middle of no where.

• Stayed July 2011

6 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Palm Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

I have stayed at the motel a couple of times before because its near the federal state prison where I visit a friend.
The prices are decent and the location is really good.
The only thing is the last time we stayed there, the outside smelled like a septic tank had burst. It was horrible. Don't know if it was tied to the hotel or not, but it was very unpleasant.

Don't know about the last review about the management, as the staff has always been nice and courteous.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Miami, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

manager was rude and when I called him to my room to fix the smoke alarm in the smoking room I'd rented for the night..he stood on the corner of my bed barefooted with his other foot on the wall.After the second call to fix the alarm..he asked if I'd been smoking..when I replied"yes" he looked at me like I was stupid and that I'd set the alarm off! He took the alarm out since there was no battery in it to begin with..it was straight-wired he said and then told me he'd just fix it in the morning after i'd left cause he didn't want to be bothered again.......not worth the way you are treated but if you deal with his wife.........she's sweet and kind as can be and very helpful.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
San Marcos, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

Don't stay here--they are dishonest and ruined my day. I wish I had read the other review fully before I booked a room at the Texarkana Budget Inn. Here's my full story: I called a day ahead to reserve a room. I was traveling with my dog and I was having a difficult time finding a reasonably priced room (I usually stay at the Texarkana LaQuinta, but it was full). I called Texarkana Budget Inn and immediately asked whether they took pets. The woman said yes. She then told me that there was a $30 pet deposit and I would get $15 back if the dog didn't do anything. So, I booked the room, gave them my credit card info and everything. The next day I drove to Texarkana. This was a 6 hour drive for me, and I was alone (and I think it's worth mentioning that I am a young woman). I got to the hotel and they told me pets were not allowed. I begged them to make an exception for me, given that I had been driving so long, was alone, that it was already evening, that everything else in Texarkana was booked, and that my dog is very small (20 lbs), clean, and well behaved. Instead of any sympathy, they YELLED at me. They told me that the girl who had answered the phone didn't know the rules. I don't see how this was possible -- there were signs posted about pets not being allowed. I can only assume whoever answered my call was planning to let me take the dog in, without telling the mangers, to steal the measely "deposit" she mentioned --or, perhaps she had no clue--which seems almost impossible.

The manager especially was incredibly rude. I'll acknowledge that I was upset--but I had reason to be. They had no reason to be rude to me/yelling at me.

I don't know about you, but when I work with a business I expect them to take responsibilty for their own mistakes. The people at Texarkana Budget Inn definitely don't feel this way.

Don't stay here unless you want to take a chance with a business that lies and doesn't take responsibilty for their mistakes. Don't stay here if you would support a business that would turn away a young single woman, late in the evening, who had been driving for 6 hours and was all alone. I had to drive another 100 miles to the next LaQuinta to find a place to stay.

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

My fiance and I were looking for a nice, quiet place, preferebly with a jacuzzi, to relax for the weekend, and we'd heard this was just the place. The prices weren't too horrible when we'd made a reservation over the phone (without a credit card) we were quoted the price of around $80 after tax. Although when we got there the manager chqrged us $10 more than the price we were originally quoted.
When we checked in, the manager was very rude. He started out by yelling at us that we were to have absolutely no guests in our room. We informed him that we didn't intend to ( although that was sortof strange request for a hotel manager). He told us that we could have no extra pilows, blankets, or ashtrays, so don't even bother to ask.No candles. That is somewhat understandable. No extra towels, even though there is a jacuzzi in the room, and they didn't provide you with any more than in the regular rooms, and they would not provide you with any more toiletries than are placed in the room each day. If you need more, you will have to provide them yourselves. We had already paid before he started chanting off all these rules and regulations, and we had paid for 2 nights, so we figured we'd buck up and enjoy our weekend despite the rude manager. He can't possibly be there all the time, can he?
So my fiance and I go to our room. It's our 11 year anniversary. The room is exceptionally nice and clean. The jacuzzi is just what I had expected, the walk in shower was huge, the bed was a pillowtop king size bed. The whole room was fantastic. But it was our anniversary and we didn't want to be disturbed while we were there. ai looked for a Do Not Disturb sign, as any hotel/motel I have ever stayed in has ever had, and there wasn't one. I picked up the phone to call the front desk to ask for one and he had not activated the phone. So I went to the office. By this time I was pretty irritated. When I asked him about the sign he told me that we HAD to let them in each morning we were there to inspect the room. That's when enough was enough and I ased for my money back. He pointed to this tiny sign on the wall that read "NO REFUNDS" and refused to give me my money back even though we had not been there a full 10 minutes! Once again, I have never been to a motel/hotel that wouldn't give you back your money if you didn't stay there, not even the Twilight Motel! They have refunded my money before. So I went and got my fiance. That was not fair and I was not going to stay there. He should have been straight with us before he took our money and checked us in. In my opinion, that was dishonest because we told him from the beginning that we did not want to be disturbed at all while we were there. We did not pay over $160 to be given all these rules like a boarding house or something! When my fiance came back demanding back the money, I thought this man was going to leap over the counter and attack him, but he didn't! He was yelling and hollaring, and trying to barter with my fiance toonly give him back a little of the money. In the end, we only ended up losing $20 because we threatened to call the owners (IT IS A CHAIN MOTEL) and comlplain on him. Of course I did that anyway. He shouldn't have treated us like that to start with, and when he did, he should have given us a full refund. So we went to America's Best Value Inn in Texarkana instead, and ,even though we didn't have a jacuzzi, we still saved enough money to stay a third night, and we had a wonderful anniversary weekend. Since my fiance's roommate and I don't get along, we have stayed there several times since then and have no complaints about that place.
One more thing about Budget Inn... my Uncle insisted on taking his girlfriend there the following weekend for one night to stay in the jacuzzi room. The same room we rented for $80 with tax. For some reason the same manager charged my uncle $100 with tax, and it was on the same day of the week, and the rates had not gone up, I checked. So even though the room is nice, it's not worth it. My uncle's experience was awful too. I'll let him tell you about it. And there are other rooms just as nice in Texarkana that have jacuzzis and they don't cost any more when Budget Inn decides to hike the rates all of a sudden.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Budget Inn Texarkana? Share your experiences!