“If air quality is an issue for you, please beware” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 21 hotels in Texarkana
“If air quality is an issue for you, please beware”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I have been a guest at the HIE Texarkana Tx for over a week. It's very new, very nice, with great service most days. One concern that gives this hotel my low grade is air quality. The ventilation in this room is poor. The moldy smell comes from of the air conditioning unit whenever it pushes out cold air. The smell was vague when I first checked into the hotel but is now very noticeable. The air quality is now so low that I have to turn off the air conditioning unit entirely and wait for a maintenance person to come check oh the air conditioning system. When I called down to express my concern about the air quality in my room, the desk clerk told me that the "paper mill was especially bad tonight." As if the air quality issue wasn't bad enough. I assured the desk clerk that "it was also an air quality issue and I was definitely smelling mold." I hope HIE can resolve the air quality issue because I would rather improve what's wrong with the room than checkout altogether. Aside from the ventilation and air quality issues, the room is impeccable.

• Stayed July 2013
ExpressGM75503, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Texarkana, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
We want to thank you for bringing the issues you had with your room to our attention during your stay so that we could take care of it for you. We take all of our guest concerns very seriously and strive to ensure guest are comfortable and happy during their time at our hotel.

We are so glad that you choose to stay with us and we hope to see you back in the future!!

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Magnolia, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed here for one night while on a road trip. The hotel looked new and everything was very clean. The breakfast buffet was better than average and included a pancake making machine that the kids loved. Outback Steakhouse and Olive Garden were close enough to walk to, which was a nice perk. My only complaint is that the room smelled a little too much like air freshener.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ExpressGM75503, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Texarkana, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Texarkana!! I'm so glad that you and the kiddos enjoyed our HOT breakfast and the addition of the Pancake machine; we think it's a great invention ;-)

Thank you for letting us know about the air freshener, it's very possible that the room attendant could have over sprayed in preparation of our guest arrivals. This is why we love our reviews from our guest; we are always able to improve with your honest feedback!!

Thanks again and please come back and see us again!!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Ive stayed at this hotel several times and am always impressed with the quality of service it offers its guests. Management makes you feel like more than just a traveler. They treat youl like company.Its convenient to the better eating places in the area and easily accessible to local attractions. It is my number one choice of places to stay in the Texarkana area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel and staff!! We strive daily to ensure that our guest feel just like you said "company". We want our guest to feel like they are part of our Holiday Inn Express family!! Thanks for staying with us again and again!!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My mother, sister, niece and myself met up in Texarkana for Mother's Day 2013 overnight stay. Very impressed with the hotel, staff and location. Hot breakfast buffet had more choices than I expected. Protein was Canadian bacon, boiled eggs, small cheese omelet, yogurt, plus peanut butter to go on the pancakes. Location was next to Central Mall. For dinner we walked to a restaurant. We would all stay there again!

Room Tip: we were on the top floor because we had two rooms with a connecting door.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The most beautiful assistant General Manager I have ever seen! She helped me so much! Service was great and I've stayed in all the hotels in Texarkana! It is a meeting place for me to see my family! I live in Arkansas and she lives in Texas! This hotel was very nice! I would recommend the suite! I never do these reviews but I had a wonderful Mothers Day thanks to the hospitality of Holliday Inn Express!

• Stayed May 2013
Mason, tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The staff at this hotel is superb. From the Desk Clerk on a 2 AM check in to the girl taking care of the breakfast bar and the Desk Clerk on check out. Every one exuded personality and had an attitude that said "I like my job. I like being here and I'm here to give you a great experience."
They certainly succeeded.
The facility itself was clean and well maintained, rooms well appointed and beds comfortable.

Room Tip: We wound up with a handicapped room and really liked the step in shower, even though we are both in...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Arlington Heights, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

the Holiday Inn express in Texarkana, TX was a pleasant surprise after a long day on the road. Friendly staff, nice sized, well appointed room with refrigerator and microwave. Very comfortable beds. Spotless bath with nice linens. We'll stay there again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We wanted to thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay while at our hotel!! We always LOVE hearing from our guest!! We will make sure that all of our team gets to see your review! Our team works hard every day to ensure that our guest leave our hotel wanting to come back and stay with us again!! Seems like they accomplished that with you!!

We hope to see you again soon!!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Texarkana? Share your experiences!