“Great reception” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 20 hotels in Texarkana
Mason, tn
“Great reception”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The staff at this hotel is superb. From the Desk Clerk on a 2 AM check in to the girl taking care of the breakfast bar and the Desk Clerk on check out. Every one exuded personality and had an attitude that said "I like my job. I like being here and I'm here to give you a great experience."
They certainly succeeded.
The facility itself was clean and well maintained, rooms well appointed and beds comfortable.

Room Tip: We wound up with a handicapped room and really liked the step in shower, even though we are both in...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Arlington Heights, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

the Holiday Inn express in Texarkana, TX was a pleasant surprise after a long day on the road. Friendly staff, nice sized, well appointed room with refrigerator and microwave. Very comfortable beds. Spotless bath with nice linens. We'll stay there again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ExpressGM75503, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Texarkana, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
We wanted to thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay while at our hotel!! We always LOVE hearing from our guest!! We will make sure that all of our team gets to see your review! Our team works hard every day to ensure that our guest leave our hotel wanting to come back and stay with us again!! Seems like they accomplished that with you!!

We hope to see you again soon!!
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have lots of family in this area and delight in coming to visit them! 2 years ago our 6'5, 25 year old son had a traumatic brain injury that left him wheelchair dependent and not able to be left alone or access homes that are not accessible... How wonderful to discover the Holiday Inn Express in Texarkana, Texas! The entire staff warmly welcomed us and went above and beyond to see that every need we had was fulfilled, often without our requesting. At check-in the front desk made sure the first floor handicap room we had reserved had an adjoining room for my husband and I. The rooms were spacious, very clean and had everything we needed. We were located next to an exterior door that not only offered ease in loading/unloading, but peace of mind if we had to evacuate for any unforeseen reason! The facility staff, breakfast hostess, desk staff and Assistant General Manager went over the top to make our stay THE BEST!!! We will be looking for reasons to return soon, THANKS HIE!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ExpressGM75503, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Texarkana, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
We want you to know that it was our pleasure to welcome you all and treat you as one of our own!! It is our goal to make each and every guest feel as if they are at their "home away from home" when staying with us! It truly warms our hearts to know that we were able to be there and provide you all with exceptional service that you deserve!! We can’t wait until your next visit!!

Hope to see you back soon!

Fort Sill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel is in great shape, the room was very clean. The desk clerk was able to provide a room at government rates even at 2am when I decided to pull over and get a room.
The breakfast area was phenomenal with ample amounts of everything that normally comes with a HIE breakfast.
Easy access from the highway and good restaraunts nearby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking time to let us know about your stay! We are so glad that you were able to have an easy check –in and get some much needed rest! We hope that when you find yourself back in our area that you will stay with us again!

Hope to see you back soon!

Marion, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I often stay here or at the Holiday Inn Express Texarkana, Arkansas location on my way to Houston. Love the Texas hotel. Great service, rooms, beds, bathrooms, just perfect. Wish there was an indoor poor instead of outdoor. Hotel is near to Outback Steakhouse, Olive Garden, and a mall.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay! We love our repeat guest!! That means we are getting it right!! Hopefully it will be warm and nice outside next time you visit so you can enjoy the pool!!

Again, thank you and we will be looking for you soon!

Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We were in for one night for a wedding. The hotel was very nice. Rooms were clean, even though we were checking in early in the day. Front desk was very nice and efficient. The breakfast had a lot of choices but we were in a hurry so we didn't eat. Location is near the mall and there are restaurants nearby. Location is near the highway so access was convenient.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ExpressGM75503, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Texarkana, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
We wanted to thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself! You mentioned that you had to leave early and was not able to enjoy our breakfast. I wanted to let you know that we are now adding a breakfast sandwich to our menu for our hotel. So, when you come back to see us, if you have to leave early let us know and we will make sure that you have something to take with you!!

Again, thank you and we hope to see you back soon!

WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Texarkana for one night while we were waiting for the InterState paperwork to go through on the infant we adopted in Texas. We explained our situation, that we were pretty certain we'd be getting a call on Friday (after 1 night stay) that the paperwork was completed so that we could leave the state and head home. We requested a late checkout and they said we could extend until 2pm without cost. My husband went to the front desk at 1pm and again explained the situation and they said they wouldn't budge, that 2pm was all they could do without charging us an extra night because that was when housekeeping left so they couldn't re-rent our room. At 1:54pm we got the call that we could leave and quickly packed up and headed out - even feeding our baby in the lobby so we wouldn't tie the room up. I think we were out by 2:15, maybe 2:30 at the absolute latest and I KNOW they cleaned and re-rented our room that day because there were 3 housekeepers waiting outside our door when we left. The lady at the front desk said that we were out in time and would NOT be charged for the extra night. But the second night appeared on our credit card bill anyway. We've called twice and spoken with the manager and explained and they won't budge. I'm a priority club member and have stayed MANY nights in the Holiday Inn chain and I would expect far better customer service than this. Nice hotel but AWFUL customer service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ExpressGM75503, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Texarkana, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I would like to start this response to your review with my sincerest apology. Your review is the first that I have heard of any issues you experienced while staying with us. I do believe that I remember you leaving with your beautiful baby. If I recall correctly you were leaving and our Front Desk Supervisor stopped you and ask to see the baby and I heard her going on about how sweet he was. I came out of my office and got to see him right before you left. If this is not correct I again apologize.

I am so sorry that your request for an extended check-out was not honored. The only reason I could imagine your request not being honored would be if we did not have any other rooms available and we were sold out. Our staff usually goes above and beyond to take care of our guest and fill any and all request no matter how big or small the request may be.

In regards to your credit card being charged, I would like to look into this further for you. If I do find that you were in fact charged for the 2nd night I will be more than happy to remove the additional night charge for you.

Since I do not have a name on here to go by if you will contact me directly I would love to speak with you and hopefully turn some of this around for the better. I hate that you were here for such a special time and you have such a negative memory of our staff. You can contact me directly at 903-223-0008 ext 193.

I look forward to hearing back from you hopefully soon!!

Ashley James

Been to Holiday Inn Express Texarkana? Share your experiences!