“The ultimate flea-bag flop house!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn Terrell
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   309 East Interstate 20, Terrell, TX 75160-5404   |
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Terrell
Ardmore
“The ultimate flea-bag flop house!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

After searching on the internet, I found this hotel which appeared to be a good value. The write up was nice and the pictures were very nice. When I got to this place, it did not look at all like the pictures. Maybe the pictures were taken 10 years ago, and they had performed non real maintenance on the property.

When I went into the room, the smell was awful. There was no way that I would spend even 1 night in this place. I had noticed a sign inn the office that said "15 minutes is allowed to inspect and decide on a possible refund. After 15 minutes at least one night will be charged, regardless of any reason for asking for a refund" I made it in under 7 minutes.

There were two police cars there when I arrived. While I was getting my refund, I talked to them for a bit. Seems they were there very often.

Don't be fooled by the pictures. Look at the reviews.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Fort Worth, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I stay at this location 4 to 6 times a year. This is a great value motel. I rated it a 5 regarding my needs and expectations, not those of the industry. Clean. Well appointed room. I am very comfortable at this location. I have always, every time had any concern addressed. If the problem cannot be resolved immediately it is by the time I return. The owner and staff have every intention of making my stay pleasant.

Room Tip: I like the upstairs rooms because I think there is less noise. I have always been placed in the area...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Staff was really helpful and kind. Price was very good. I had good sleep during the night for $50.00. What do you need more? Housekeeping keeps the room clean but they all speaks Spanish. Little hard to communicate with them.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Fort Worth, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This motel experience keeps getting better. The office staff is efficient and caring. Housekeeping keeps the rooms clean. The owner makes upgrades and repairs in a very timely fashion. At this time the only effort that needs to be completed is cleaning and clearing flower beds in front of the rooms. I keep returning to this motel for the value and the evolving improvements. The online membership specials offer more value. There is a need for work in the flower beds in front of the rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We spent 2 nights at this location and I do not recommend staying there. It is a very old facility and does not appear that any upkeep is being done. The room had a smell that was not pleasant and the amenities left a lot to be desired. When we made the reservation, it said there was internet available. We had 4 devices and I got access for a few minutes on one of them. We had to move a table around to plug in the fridge and microwave. The lady at the front desk was not helpful at all. There were several tripping hazards on the outdoor carpet in front of our room. I will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Katy, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

I have been in disappointing hotels, this one is truely disgusting! Filtly dark and staff did not care. Had to borrow a hair dryer from the office which they take a deposit for! I would drive another 45 miles to find any other hotel. What a gross place to stay! Did not feel safe with the semi door locks either.

Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

We were passing by on the highway and needed a place to sleep. The review below I have no idea if they were given a bad room or if the customer had ridiculously high standards, however the room did it's job. It met my expectations for the most part and pleasantly exceeded a couple. (Didn't expect to have wifi internet). For the price you're paying you would not and you shouldn't be expecting a high-class hotel room, however, if you're looking for a good night sleep then this provides adequately. The rooms are a bit on the small side, but the beds were quite comfortable and felt good to sleep on. The bathroom that we had (my girlfriend and I) was clean although again a bit small. Like the previous reviewer said. The furniture was okay but it wasn't that bad. You get what you pay for.

There were no real thrills, frills, or anything like that, it was just a moderate place to sleep in with moderate service. It was clean, inexpensive, and in a relatively good location for shopping. All in all it was a good experience and a good night sleep to continue to drive.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Terrell? Share your experiences!