“Don't leave your to go box on the table while your in the restroom!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Carmona's Tex-Mex and Cantina

Ranked #20 of 66 Restaurants in Terrell
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
“Don't leave your to go box on the table while your in the restroom!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I spent $30 at this place last Tuesday. It took over 30 minutes to get 2 plates of nachos and a flauta dinner. By the time the food got to the table we were all full on chips and that ketchup they call salsa. We picked at the tasteless food and boxed it to go. Only had an hour and 15 mins to eat. Went to the restroom and by the time I got out they had thrown away my $30 worth of food. Refused to refund anything or remake it for that matter. This place ain't what it used to be. Mama carmona would be ashamed Rick!! You suck as a business owner and yo r kitchen staff sucks. No wonder only 3 tables were occupied out of the whole restaurant!! Never going back again. The last time I ate there was a couple of years ago and the cheese sauce on my enchiladas had a "skin" on it due to being under the heating lamp too long. I see nothing has changed about the quality of their food since then. Go to El Fenix in mesquite. The food is worth the drive!! Ditch Carmonas yuck-mex!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Bossier City, LA
“Not like it used to be.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My family & I used to eat here on our way through Dallas several years ago...we loved it!

When my husband and I recently stopped to eat here, we were not impressed. Unfortunately, the best part of our meal was the Blue Bell Sherbet.

The parts of our meal that were correct based on what we ordered had an El Charito tv dinner taste...and some stuff was very tough due to being overcooked. The salsa was reminiscent of Pace.

I'm not sure if our server was having a tough day or what, but her attention was not on us or our food. We were there for an hour; way too long for lunch.

The restaurant is still very pretty and inviting, but the food was not enough to bring us back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Heartland, Texas, United States
“Under new management”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I just ate there with a friend of mine. I go there sometimes. The food is usually average. Tonight the chicken meat in the fajitas had a very bad taste. We told our waitress. She said the manager was going to taste it. The manager said it tasted fine but who knows if that was from the same batch of meat that we had gotten. The manager did not even come to our table to talk to us about the situation at all. They did exchange the food. But very poor customer service on the managers part. I don't think I will be going there again.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good visit with friends”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

All in all, the food was average. I am sure you can find better Tex-Mex in Terrell. It was convenient to where I stayed.

Visited March 2012
Royse City, Texas
“Not so great food-”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

I didn't care for the food myself... even the queso isn't the greatest.